• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I mean no offense but do you know what the words you pasted mean ? Because they are borderline unrelated to what I said and in no way it can be considered an answer to my post.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I feel slightly guilty about Poro King. I've just been using it for free win of the day bonuses. 20 wins and 4 losses in the mode. It's so unbalanced. Both Lux and Sona are free win cards basically.

:059:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
KRDsonic KRDsonic

I feel more comfortable around bruisers picks e.g. Jax because I can spam my ARAM items: Guardian's Horn + Gold Coin + Potion (Cookie). I think bruisers/tanks are just far more fun/hilarious to play in Poro King by taking advantage of how many enemy players you can essentially assassinate before using your Get out of Jail Free spell once you get Poro King status. However, also important is being able to have some counter-siege potential or to deter the enemy from using the king to siege by putting someone like a Jax right near the king.

But it's not so much that x, y, z champions are overpowered as much as people just playing the setup to have fun and relax. And whatever champion can best abuse that mentality or lapses in judgment will gradually come out ahead if they are treating the setup semi-seriously. Morgana and Anivia for instance are two champions who could fit into the same damage role as Lux. Soraka can also provide sustain in lieu of Sona. However, not many champions can occupy similar roles that Illaoi and Brand bring to full on teamfights.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I can't top lane for **** this season. I used to just go Warden's Mail and farm up stacks as Nasus. That playstyle seems entirely counterproductive this season though with the burst people get from Thunderlord's Decree giving a boost to any champions that have tendencies towards being AD casters.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I haven't been able to play top lane competently since S3.
I always take my super rusty riven top and lose while I stopped playing wukong singed during S3. If I play Liss though I play well since I think I'm not much of an AD caster player outside of Zed, I have more success taking mid laners top lane for some reason.
Even janky stuff like veig/Anivia top at the time in normals at least.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I've been having fun in top lane again. I just had to wait for the whole "Dyrus's Gnar got mega camped at MSI so we'll megacamp every Gnar in our games" shenanigans that people started. I mean, the teams I was on were taking advantage of the 3/4-man ganks top and we were winning, but it wasn't fun at all. Now I'm actually able to play the lane without constantly getting towerdived.

I'm glad I started branching out to other roles again. I did some 1 v 1s against some of my friends and discovered I'm still better at farming than most of them, so it would make more sense for me to play more roles that last-hit.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've been having fun in top lane again. I just had to wait for the whole "Dyrus's Gnar got mega camped at MSI so we'll megacamp every Gnar in our games" shenanigans that people started. I mean, the teams I was on were taking advantage of the 3/4-man ganks top and we were winning, but it wasn't fun at all. Now I'm actually able to play the lane without constantly getting towerdived.

I'm glad I started branching out to other roles again. I did some 1 v 1s against some of my friends and discovered I'm still better at farming than most of them, so it would make more sense for me to play more roles that last-hit.

megacamping top and the lack of tools top had to deal with it at the time was why I quit toplane season 2.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Isn't top lane even easier to gank in 5.24 with shorter duration of wards for sufficient vision and Thunderlord's Decree giving you some degree of burst for a bruiser or even a tank during early-mid levels?

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm completely fine with getting camped by the jungler. What I didn't like was constantly getting 3-4man dived under tower repeatedly. If it's just the jungler, then great. Let him come. It means my other lanes are free to do whatever they want.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah Thunderlord's Decree and Grasp of undying pretty much why top lane is not fun right now. Wards not being common since low duration and Pinks just makes it worse tho.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Not sure why Riot feels like it needs to still make changes to several of the marksmen. Within that group there is enough diversity within the strong picks for them to remain current S-tier meta-game champions unless they really are trying to make all the ADC's viable which is a joke when you introduced a mastery that favors champions with cool downs and spells with pseudo-burst casting.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah Thunderlord's Decree and Grasp of undying pretty much why top lane is not fun right now. Wards not being common since low duration and Pinks just makes it worse tho.
GOOD. The amount of free wards people were getting in S4-5 was unfun for ****ty junglers like me. :applejack:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Been having a blast with new poopy. Feels like her old kit but cleaner and less complete cancer. Figuring out ult and when to use it has been the most difficult part.

Litterally teleporting front liners out of fights is really dope. Wish the aeo was smaller on the launch, sometimes I just want to hit the Leo trying to peel away and dive that ashe, not send both flying.

Makes for some crazy jungle poppy baron/dragon steals though

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Riot tries to encourage diversity but always manages to overcentralize by making something too good.
Huge understatement. TD changes how people who haven't played a single game this pre-season has to treat trades against almost every other champion related matchup until they get accustomed to it. The changes this season have been way more significant than the jungle changes brought about by last season returning the game to be lane focused on getting towers over dragon/rift scuttler/baron focused. The importance of early - mid game further emphasizes how important this mastery is in games.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I agree, riot tries to encourage diversity, but especially in the preseason they're very bad at it. Hopefully they'll fix it relatively quickly.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Black Inked Sky joined the room.
You are now in a chat room with your full champion select team.
LUCIFOR171017: please do not auto attack minions
Wolfenix: *** off blitz
Wolfenix: that's what ADC DOES
Wolfenix: they farm for the first 10 minutes
Wolfenix: if you expect anything else, you don't know league
Wolfenix: you were like 1/12 last gamwe
Wolfenix: I was like 6/6, so don't start with me
LUCIFOR171017: simply dont wear them down just last hit them you stil get all points i didnt do good because my adc was peice of **** like it sounds like your going to be ha idk why i support anymore
LUCIFOR171017: all adcs r ******** you dont use any knowledge of game
PhotonMan54: stfu blitz u cok suking aegit
PhotonMan54: *fegit
PhotonMan54: only trash fegs who feed play as blitzfeg
LUCIFOR171017: i was 5/10/12 last game cuz i built tank lmao
LUCIFOR171017: i mean ap
PhotonMan54: stfu
PhotonMan54: or i report u
LUCIFOR171017: cuz my adc was bull **** man ill report you and theylll laugh at u
A player did not lock in their pick or ban. Your group was returned to matchmaking.
You are now back in a chat room with just your premade.
PhotonMan54: another fuking ashe ***
RockingRack: shut up
Wolfenix: suck it
PhotonMan54: reported u cok suking ***
Wolfenix: report me for what?
A player did not lock in their pick or ban. Your group was returned to matchmaking.
A player didn't accept the AFK check. Your group was returned to matchmaking.
Malkmus710 joined the room.
Yung Piglet joined the room.
Mister Nubbins joined the room.
Ryzar the Great joined the room.
Malkmus710 joined the room.
Yung Piglet joined the room.
Ryzar the Great: hi team

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I love the new queue system. Its a better team builder while being quick and can ban champions.

Its a dream combination.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I love the new queue system. Its a better team builder while being quick and can ban champions. Its a dream combination.
Strongly favored for people who duo or play in groups and even more unfavored for people who play solo.

I'm already done with ranked play this season. This has been the third ranked game in a row Riot thought it was amusing to give me a Bronze 5 in a duo queue that decided to play Garen bot lane against silver division players. Or dealing with a farm heavy Rengar jungle that went with warrior enchantment and spent 20 minutes farming the entire game and then blaming all his laners that they fed the enemy when the enemy Tahm jungler was constantly ganking and taking scuttles for his laners.

Impossible to evaluate your play through an objective lens when you are getting ganked multiple times by either Tahm or Heimer and being told that you are trash because you can't hold tower against Jayce, Tahm, and Heimer sieging you all at once because Rengar is prioritizing his golem camp over a tower. Not to mention it's not even worth waiting waiting 5-6 games to just get another ranked game to start because people can't wait the additional 2-3 minutes going through the new prompts.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My advice play through it, but league is different from smash but either way that is how I roll.

I try and make the best while I try and do the best I can even in league.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What are the flavor bans atm that Taum is still getting through? I know rengar is crazy good atm, so is Noc

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
What are the flavor bans atm that Taum is still getting through? I know rengar is crazy good atm, so is Noc
Jax and Mundo are pretty much mandatory bans. The other four bans on the table are pretty much open to personal discretion. Tahm is almost never P/B in silver/bronze.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wait, Tahm ISNT banned in Silver/Bronze? He's basically perma banned when I play, surprised he isnt banned in every rating.

Top bans atm seem to be like Tahm, Mundo, Rengar, Jax, GP, Graves, Malph, Fiora, Trundle, Poppy. Something like that, just went off the top of my head.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I'm completely fine with Tahm being banned every game. I like Alistar support better anyway. 'course Tahm is also a flex pick too so there's that. :059:
Tahm has a more well rounded kit than Alistar. Alistar has to sacrifice positioning in order to make his kit shine often resulting in him being in unfavorable positioning to create pick opportunities. And there's no guarantee that your ADC will follow up on a flash engage + pulverize + headbutt. Meanwhile Tahm has a Q poke that applies a slow as well as a shorter CD Alistar ult that he can use to DIY a pick opportunity and present it straight to his ADC without needing to burn his flash.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I'm seriously considering not playing ranked until the last 15 days of the season.
I did my placements on the last week end of S5 and only had one toxic player out of ten games. I think the deadline makes everone shut up, go with the flow and try to win no matter the odds.

When I see the new champ select, how balanced the game currently is and what everyone has experienced so far it just comforts me in my choice.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yeah, matchmaking has been kinda weird. It's a weird feeling going into a placement game where all of my teammates have gold/plat borders from last season, but were placed in silver this season. At least so far I've managed to be on the better team most of the time so far. I'm 4-1 so far.

Top Bottom