• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Bad wukongs are bad, very bad lol

A good wukong will carry without trying.

He was the first champion I really tried to get good with, I still pick him up once in awhile.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Kited, easy to shutdown by camping him cause can't escape easily like most ****** top laners, better tanky champions to use and get in the backline like renekton Shen Zac etc.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He really isn't kited that easily and his Ult is really good in team fights, the problem is laning can be a *****, compeditive play likes safe picks which is why Ezreal always sees play, and he needs to get by tanky people to get his full value which isn't easy if they have the right CC.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
He really isn't kited that easily and his Ult is really good in team fights, the problem is laning can be a *****, compeditive play likes safe picks which is why Ezreal always sees play, and he needs to get by tanky people to get his full value which isn't easy if they have the right CC.
Which, in competitive play, all the tanky people have two CC in their kit, while the AD's of choice is Corki Vayne Ezreal and Cait.
No kiting?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So... you just effectively described every character in the game... :applejack:
I mean when he gets CP'd, he gets CP'd hard.

Different from some champs who I feel have more wiggle room when they get CP'd, idk when I played Wukong I felt like his lane MUs were hard when they cp'd me.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
im not sure, are people confusing "bad" with "doesn't scale well" or what?

because wukong loses lane to pretty much everyone except like vs soraka, or sona or something

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Garen beats Wu bad, spin to win doesn't care for Wu's W.

Nasus can Afk farm before Wu can do enough damage.

idk two top laners I play so all I know.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Renekton gives Wukong a hard time too. Not entirely sure I'd call it a hard counter though. :applejack:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
MEANWHILE a sword without a sheath Yasuo is flying around with the story being written by Yone

I would like Riot to release both of these champions together.

I would also like Yone to be a woman.

And I would also like Yasuo to be a melee ADC

discuss

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
How do I Allistar

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in lane apart from heal the carry and avoid harass.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
How do I Allistar

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in lane apart from heal the carry and avoid harass.
Get boots of mobility, press R, and run around like a crazy cow throwing people into the air.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wu has terrible mana issues early on and does lose to like just about everyone in top lane. LIterally. Just about everyone. jax,riven,renekton all destroy him. He's also TERRIBLE in 2v1. He scales ridiculously well tho. But so do ppl like zac and jax who have an easier time harassing the carries while having a much safer laning phase in all situations.

Sarix

Smash Ace
How do I Allistar

Alistar is an awkward support to play imo. He has long cooldowns and short range and is a big target to harass.

I typically play Alistar defensively since his range is poop. I'll use his W to catch the opposing duo if they try to engage and push the enemy carry ideally towards our tower followed by Q. Spamming his heal I find isn't the best idea since it will drain his limited mana pool and Q and W are expensive. I tend to level E first since the CC timer on Q and W doesn't change, then Q to make W confirms more rewarding, then W is ranked up last. That's just how I play him though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
you need good coordination with your lane partner to do well in lane with ali, you are sacrificing ranged harass that almost all the fotm supports have right now for kill potential. if you dont make plays, you might as well just be playing a weaker version of soraka while getting pushed out of lane nonstop

i say good coordination because there have been many times when i've flash->pulverized->headbutt the enemy adc into our tower and we don't get a kill because lol no follow up

if you want to carry a lane by yourself, just play thresh/annie/sona/zyra

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
They just need to rework Alistar at this point.
There's basically no way to counter Alistar, so when he's good he's probably far too good.
So basically their solution was to leave his numbers in such a poor state that he's basically garbage.
It was not fun at all playing back when Alistar was basically good enough to be top tier in every single role (except adc obviously). He was a fantastic Triforce Metagolem bruiser top lane. Fantastic jungle support/tank with some of the easiest and deadliest ganks in the game; walk up from behind the enemy's tower taking zero damage from it because of your ult, knock them back into your teammate, and if they tried to get away you still had your Q. Fantastic support with the build your Malphite ult and practical immunity to damage with his ult, and probably most silly was that he was a fantastic ap carry too because his ratios were so much higher, and Lich Bane also scaled 1-1 back then, and he also kept your entire team topped off on health because his heal had double the ratio as it does now. They kept trying to hit him with small nerfs and it didn't really matter. He was still silly good. Then they finally just put him into old Eve/Olaf/Donger tier.
Okay, I lied. It was a ton of fun because I spammed Alistar all day back then.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've never liked top monkey but mid monkey is definitely legit.
I'm definitely looking forward to playing him in season 4 though. His passive + the new Legendary Guardian mastery will be pretty silly. 8/10/12 armor and 6/8/10 MR for each enemy champ depending on his level. That's so good.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
LOL true her passive is almost just better.
Wukong actually brings something beyond damage to a team fight though.
If I was looking to split push all day and skirmish then sure Shyvana all day.

I'm also looking forward to Olaf with Perseverance/Second Wind. As if he wasn't hard enough to take down at low health. Spirit Visage + Second Wind + Vicious Strikes increases healing potentially up to 70%. Even you ignite him that's still kind of crazy.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I always forget about Anivia til one comes along and casually carries the entire game easily. Also Syndra so popular now, never thought I'd see the day.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The mid laner on my little league team mains Anivia, that bird can be really godlike when played correctly.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
oh yeah,I know I'm against a good one when she walls me into terrain and I literally can't move.

Also unrelated but I kinda recently had a breakthrough, this is gonna sound stupid obvious for most of you but since I suck I figure I might as well share my realization. If you just walk at some and hit them 0 fear in my elo 9/10 times they will just run and not even attempt to trade, it makes life much easier. I was laning against elise with my booty renekton and I just walked up to her face and smacked her repeatedly, I think she expected me to run after my cd's were down then q/auto me as I ran.. nah. Stayed and autod her like 6 times and I guess it just threw her off hella hard cause she just died LOL. Might be worth mentioning she was diamond haha.

Top Bottom