• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No longer clamped, thankfully getting 18-22 points every win again, but play 14 or 16 games yesterday and only progress is lose 2 points. (40 to 38) Teammates...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
http://www.twitch.tv/hoidsa/b/464947298 I just want to cry at how hard it is to reach Plat 1

edit: So I started the day being in promos to plat 1, and started off with a 4v5. After a bunch of wins and losses today, I'm back in promos, this'll be my 4th time reaching these promos, 0-2 in all of them after going 2-0 for all my other plat promos.
If it makes you feel any better, Ive failed the same promotion 6 times in a row now and 3 times have gone from promotion back to almost 0 LP and back due to huge loss streaks that always seem to happen RIGHT when I get into my promos lol. Im currently at like 94 LP or something, hopefully I cant make it through this time lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, I kept getting ALMOST to plat 1 promos, and then the bad luck hit. At one point I fell to plat 4, then climbed my way back up to upper Plat2 with like, a 90% winrate at least. It was pretty gross how easy the games suddenly got.
Then yesterday I did promos again, first game had enemy Teemo/Heimerdinger trolls with Revive/TP, then second game was just an easy win. So yay plat 1! Now I'm afraid to play more because it'll probably take like 20 wins in a row to reach diamond ._.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What can you possibly be afraid of?
What could seriously be in this game that is literally intimidating you into avoiding ranked?

At the point you're at, there's virtually zero excuse not to play now that you've bothered to get that far. Just do it you wimp.

:applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I had a sona ez bot that lost to heimer support yesterday I think. Was upset.
I also lost three today despite doing good, some "diamond" smurf kept **** talking everyone (mostly me) and eventually left after her third death against tryn top.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah, I kept getting ALMOST to plat 1 promos, and then the bad luck hit. At one point I fell to plat 4, then climbed my way back up to upper Plat2 with like, a 90% winrate at least. It was pretty gross how easy the games suddenly got.
Then yesterday I did promos again, first game had enemy Teemo/Heimerdinger trolls with Revive/TP, then second game was just an easy win. So yay plat 1! Now I'm afraid to play more because it'll probably take like 20 wins in a row to reach diamond ._.
Gonna side with Espy here.

You gotta approach Ranked at some point to get better/higher, so go do it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
when you enter a new division, you play till you win to see how many points you get. if 14 or above, keep playing ******. If under 14, stop right there and just stay in whatever tier/division you're in.

Thankfully for me the three losses in a row I got turned into 3 wins in a row, but now I gained 10 points and at 58. Kinda feel like riot is behind this, "Let's give him another chance" they say then after 20 attempts for promos he's actually below 50! "oh well back to clamping him"

Funny enough I was actually above 70 points before it made my point value drop back down to the 7-10 phase.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive decided Im just going to keep playing Corki and Ez cuz Tri Force too stronk; currently 9-2 with Corki and 2-0 with Ez since Tri Force buffs, so imma ride that train as far as I can lmao.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh of course i'm gonna try for diamond, i'm just taking a break because plat 2 was a nightmare. Bought Anivia recently and played her in a normal for the first time, I dominated pretty well (though my normal elo is much, much lower) and I wonder why she doesn't see more play. Only real weakness I felt was that like, if she uses all her spells on someone and can't burst them down, then she just sits there like "well crap."
Her passive's so op. Apparently Warmogs is better than GA to synergize with that passive?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Xin is still really easy to snowball games with. I picked him up after the nerf a while back, i wish i could have abused that **** before.

Any recomendations on what roles to play/who to play to carry yourself up? right now I've been focusing on getting mid or jungle because those are my two best roles, Focusing on a roam centric play where i help my other lanes as much as possible. I've taken on the mentality that the opposing laner is always better than me, and i asume i'll get out played/out deeped. I just push and ward really deep in the jungle and roam. People seem to play better when they realize that the mid laner is activingly seeking to gain map control and help out their own lane. I Also always take tele when i'm mid, but thats just my playstyle. Currently i'm playing a lot of ori/cass mid, those two are pretty much my comfort champs right now that i know i can fall back on even in bad matchups. Oddly even though I love to roam I hate TF. I've been jungling j4(who doesnt?), Naut, Xin, and when the enemy team is bruiser heavy with no assassins I'll go Trundle because a bruiser comp has litterally no options against a trundle mid-late game. What other Mid laners have really strong roaming potential with good teamfight presence? And what junglers are strong right now besides Elise( I just cant play her for my life). Is shen jungle still viable? How good is Mao right now?

Ranked threes is really easy to climb up in, me and my team have lost only like 3 games in the last 3 nights and we're hoping to see if we can skip a division when we win our next promos. How common is that? We climbed from bronze 2 to silver 5, 97 lp in like 15 games tops.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
asdioh i just realized that you main malzahar. if you hit diamond then you are my hero. malz is criminally underplayed.

do you ever use teleport on malz?
I haven't taken TP on him in a long time, too often I end up needing the ignite to get kills. I think Teleport jungle Rammus is the main reason I've been able to climb after upper Gold elo. You don't need flash to catch people, they can flash away and it's still not enough to run. TP ganks are also op, and the map presence/coming back into fights after low hp or dying lategame is super op.
Any recomendations on what roles to play/who to play to carry yourself up? right now I've been focusing on getting mid or jungle because those are my two best roles, Focusing on a roam centric play where i help my other lanes as much as possible.
I try to play mid/jungle whenever possible. Best roles for helping other lanes/getting objectives early on.
What other Mid laners have really strong roaming potential with good teamfight presence? And what junglers are strong right now besides Elise( I just cant play her for my life). Is shen jungle still viable? How good is Mao right now?
Ahrilol. Swain's also surprisingly good.. he's not mobile but his ult is "always up" so he's set to roam absolutely any time. Like I said I've been abusing Rammus, with Mobis (and maybe homeguard) he has the ability to pressure everywhere on the map on really short notice, and that's super important in solo queue.
I used to jungle Naut/Xin/Voli, but now I pretty much pick Rammus every single time. Only problem jungler I've faced is Trundle, because he's such an antitank :/
Also the fact that I take TP makes me vulnerable to early ganks, so I try to get my team to invade every game. I start with Powerball and gottagofast my way to their blue, usually catch people (even in plat) for an easy first blood and/or buff steal. Half the time people are like "wtf why not take Taunt?" and that's because they're dumb, Taunt is absolute garbage level 1. Taunt's a 1 second CC, if you manage to catch the person. It's also completely useless for Rammus' already super slow clear. Powerball on the other hand has 100 base damage, a speedboost, and essentially is more CC than a rank 1 Taunt. I feel like it's just as good for clearing jungle level 1 as his W is.

tl;dr Rammus op learn to play him

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I got to diamond playing only a few games a day

Sdo, remember what I told you about talking about your solo q experiences? Don't do ittttt

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I have now experienced the joy of playing a snowballed six item Riven.
Three Bloodthirsters, Hydra, Last Whisper and Mercs. Pop ult and have over 650 AD. Ult slash dealing up to 1500 damage. Passive deals over 300 bonus damage. 700 health shields from E.
Oh god the horror.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
getting to gold in 3s is easy. Platinum 3-4 and on are where it starts to be tough(er) cuz u start running into the diamonds and challengers consistently.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So I had the urge to play Warwick today for some ungodly reason.
Didn't bother to take him into the jungle because he's just a weak jungler, but I figured Lanewick could still work out similar to Vlad. Assuming you can truck it through the first few levels your sustain just becomes too much.
Went AP Lanewick, Lichbane and Nashors being the core. Kind of funny to watch your ult oneshot squishies. 660 base damage at level 18 with a 1.75 AP ration between the Lichbane proc, Nashors, and Spellblade mastery.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I got to say, it's been delightful to have the Koreans playing on the NA servers during worlds, fun to see them on our streams.
Won't get many other chances to just watch Faker's Leblanc oneshot Dyrus again and again.
"Faker's Leblanc isn't falling off at all! You guys lied!"
I died.

Player-3

Smash Hero
if theres a reason to, only point to take exhaust is vs like jax or an assassin like fizz or something that u can feasibly get in range of to exhaust before your dude gets oneshot

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I only take exhaust for assassins or late game. Ignite really makes a supports burst quite dangerous early and mid game.

I don't know how Zamphira does it with Lulu ;-; he's my hero

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yes, got +6 instead of +5, and last game i even got +7!
I'm at 30 points!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i haven't been following streamers for a while and I'm just getting back into it. what are some good support streamers besides xpecial that stream frequently?

Top Bottom