• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I watch bubba's stream to refine my support play

Taught me how good Zyra can carry a game as a support. (Though he's building damage after sightstone)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Can someone make a list with the links of the good streams to watch, be it for chilling, laughing or learning ? I often watch druiddroid because he's the chillest player I've ever seen, but that's about it.

Also I have until october to get gold or better, I want dat Elise.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
With the victorious skin being Elise I now have a reason to not get gold

Good job riot :D

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I am pretty mad that the servers crashed while I was playing ranked last night and everyone got a leave and I lost LP, that **** was ********.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I had just gotten to Gold 1 before the d/c started happening. It's always fun to see the boom on the GD. :applejack:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
In the past, when you have a team that can support Udyr, like having a Zac top so you don't need an initiator, or if the other team just can't peel he's pretty OP. But you could never just pick Udyr and expect him to work every game.
But new Triforce is definitely strong enough to just pick Udyr into whatever you feel like and roll. Lategame Q + Triforce proc hitting for 1k damage NP NP.
It's not only Udyr though. New Triforce makes any champ that previously liked Triforce pretty crazy. Jax, Irelia, Corki, Ezreal, Skarner... it's kind of sad that new Triforce is so good that even champs that never liked Triforce can buy Triforce now.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Back here to complain.
So my kind (skarner) dragged me to 85 points a week or two ago by going 4-0. Then attack speed kayle I kept running into despite waiting between games and a stroke of bad luck put me to 0. I proceeded to get bad luck and ended up hitting 0 points 3 more times.

Now I'm clamped at 61 points I think by getting 4-6 points every win. Someone carry me, even the people that spectate me are genuinely surprised by the troll/horrible teammates I've been getting. Funny enough, even my last win this morning before sleeping was double jungle and a silver 1 Nunu.

Off topic from my sad story and rant kinda, what is with all the plat and silver duos lately? I know they want Gold for the elise skin, but I've ran into 5 different duos in the past 3 days.

Like... what the hell am I supposed to do when **** like this happens to me?

sona was duo with plat 3 janna and sona was bronze 1. Coincidence when I just mentioned plat/silvers.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Welp the best way to avoid duos is to duo yourself. It also gives you the certitude that at least one of your team mates is not ********.

Silver 1@98 LP atm, I have to thank Ahri, Fizz, Kassa and Vayne for taking ban priority over Thresh in people's mind.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well I mean, the plat/silver duos are on the other team almost every single time. Haven't encountered it being on my team yet.
Also, mysteriously gaining/losing 10-12 again. Dunno why, but that's cool now an easier time to hit plat promos.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll probably start doing more ranked once October comes around. I'm usually waiting until a day or two before starting to lose LP from inactivity before playing.

I like the gold borders more during the loading screen though. Tough call. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well, thankfully I don't think I'm clamped anymore since I'm losing more than 4-6 points and gained 12 when I won 3 games ago. But next three games have been losses cause of teammates tho...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
wow owo
Demoted to Gold 2. It usually takes 2 or 3 losses while at 0 to get demoted but it only took one.

Done, once season 3 ends I quit this game. I tried... all I wanted was plat 5 border instead of Gold.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Corki mid is godlike. Corki is godlike.
Corki (and Triforce) are amazing. I've been annoyed by FotM bans before, but at this point I'm thinking Corki is more banworthy than Draven ever was. At least you could catch Draven, and he can't poke you down if he's behind. Corki's missile poke lategame is godlike, not to mention everything else.

Coney

Smash Master
Can someone make a list with the links of the good streams to watch, be it for chilling, laughing or learning ? I often watch druiddroid because he's the chillest player I've ever seen, but that's about it.

Also I have until october to get gold or better, I want dat Elise.
me B)

twitch.tv/coneyzz

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Zyra still requires skill to land her E :/ you can't be obvious with it. Also you have to build properly

First buy: kages if snowball otherwise ruby crystal + wards or sightstone
Next buy: haunting guise and upgraded sightstone + wards and moby/sorc boots (moby important getting places faster and ward sweeping, get sorc boots if you notice only the enemy support is warding)
20 min mark (usually time laning phase ends in solo que): oracles (only if more than the enemy support is warding)
Full build: liandries + ruby sightstone + tier 2 boots + oracles/wards + morrelnomecom if you bought kages

#Zyramain

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Anyone here play ranked 5's enough to know if you can skip divisions and such like solo q? We won 4/5 games in placement and got put in silver 4, we've won every game since all against diamond/plat players, we should play our promo series tonight. Idk if soloq rating matters when it comes to this but we have 2 silver 1's, rest of us are all plat/diamond.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
how to really build support zyra

ruby sightstone + oracles + 5 sight wards everytime you base + mobility boots

who cares about doing damage, solo q is all about catching one person out and having the whole map lit up leads to that

john!

Smash Hero
slush, do you call out the roles you want in champ select? seems like you get stuck with support a lot. i was kind of in your position at the end of last season, then in season 3 i started saying "NOT BOT PLS" in champ select and got to play the roles i like.

things might be different now though since it's the end of the season and everyone's tryharding

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
how to really build support zyra

ruby sightstone + oracles + 5 sight wards everytime you base + mobility boots

who cares about doing damage, solo q is all about catching one person out and having the whole map lit up leads to that
That's pretty much what I do with support. except with janna I sometimes forget to get boots at all cause >W free MS

slush, do you call out the roles you want in champ select? seems like you get stuck with support a lot. i was kind of in your position at the end of last season, then in season 3 i started saying "NOT BOT PLS" in champ select and got to play the roles i like.

things might be different now though since it's the end of the season and everyone's tryharding
Yes and no, half the time I call something the people who say absolutely nothing auto lock something then feed or do decent but still lose cause other lanes or jungles. Then when I don't say anything it's cause everybody else already called their roles 3-4 times.
Support and Jungle I get stuck with a lot, but Jungle is basically support except we're getting "CS"

That and even when I get top mid or AD still tough to win games. Fed or not, http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24089452#history
Not part usually being "don't die in lane until fed bot lane converges mid or top then ***** me with jungler help"

Top Bottom