• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
marn: least deserving team of the salaries.
... how so? they had to marathon the whole weekend and scraped it out. I guess I'd agree that they're the weakest of the teams to qualify but that's kinda expected since they were the last to qualify in the last chance section of the tourney.

Guess I just don't see why you feel the need to fire shots at any team that made it in this weekend.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
... how so? they had to marathon the whole weekend and scraped it out. I guess I'd agree that they're the weakest of the teams to qualify but that's kinda expected since they were the last to qualify in the last chance section of the tourney.

Guess I just don't see why you feel the need to fire shots at any team that made it in this weekend.

pissed at their coach because of the evo guilty gear fiasco? TBH though he's not playing on the team anymore so i don't really care. Also clakey is awesome.

And your sig is giving me a cuteness overload.

well at least somebody feels the same way i do. i think soraka's lategame is awesome.

maybe it's my elo, but people don't appreciate how she works. she's reasonable at laning as long as people are aware she gives armour for the lane phase skirmishes and to wait for her cooldowns before initiating.

anyways, i'm playing janna till the soraka hate train goes away.
Cause soraka isn't fun to play and she isn't fun to have in your lane. She's the goto support for people who wanna do nothing in lane and it's especially frustrating when people pick her with ads she has no synergy with or into cp lanes.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Clakey's the furthest from awesome on the whole team, lol. They're a team full of egos, is all. Far from what League needs right now.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Clakey's the furthest from awesome on the whole team, lol. They're a team full of egos, is all. Far from what League needs right now.
I honestly don't know the individual players well enough to know if this is true, but assuming it is, isn't that exactly what League needs right now? Strong egos and personalities create more drama between teams which makes eSports more exciting. People didn't get emotionally invested in the Tim Duncan/Tony Parker Spurs because they were so ****ing boring as people. Played some beautiful b-ball but no one really cared. idk, maybe I'm too jaded or something, but I think the perception of them as egotistical will probably get people more excited to watch them than they would a team that they felt neutrally about.

And really that's all side show stuff. I don't really care what they're like outside of the game, they won the last chance bracket pretty convincingly and love em or hate em, I find it pretty hard to argue that they deserved it less than any of the teams that missed qualifying.

Dekar173

Justice Man
No I should've clarified, as people they're less deserving. It's sickening how childish and petty they can be over League related things.

As players, they obviously deserve it, because they won! DNG choked though, imo, but mrn didn't choke so that point still stands.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
what exactly did clakey do? I've been semi-following him since he was on spellsy's team and I really haven't seen anything from him that gives me that impression.

TBH, I've seen the league community blow so many things completely out of proportion, I mean look at the impressions that people developed of LoD because... he curses a lot.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Any sort of hatred I develop for "top players" isn't because of drama I see on reddit, who gives a **** about mob mentality bull****. It's the way players act in game while on my team/against me or my friends. I'm pretty laid back up until someone crosses a line, plenty of players do it but they continue to do so, even when they're obviously wrong. That's extremely annoying.

For the way he acts, just look at PL. It's pretty similar.

TBH I just hate lack of professionalism. NA has a huge issue with it, being that I don't play solo queue in other realms or really understand the asian streams I do get to watch, I only get to see the NA scene, and here people let their rage get the best of them far too often. That, and their egos. You can say "oh it promotes rivalries!" but really the only thing that promotes rivalries and competition is actual competition. The only thing people running their mouths promotes is children emulating them.

We already have enough bull**** in the League community without other *******s to emulate.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I'm sure they can shape up too when they realize that a salary is on the line (not including Marn himself, at least according to his reputation lol.)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Flash only has a 188 second cooldown with utility mastery+distortion. I've been taking Flash+Tele every time I mid, and getting early Distortion, I'm loving it. Not getting nerfed anytime soon I hope?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Any sort of hatred I develop for "top players" isn't because of drama I see on reddit, who gives a **** about mob mentality bull****. It's the way players act in game while on my team/against me or my friends. I'm pretty laid back up until someone crosses a line, plenty of players do it but they continue to do so, even when they're obviously wrong. That's extremely annoying.

For the way he acts, just look at PL. It's pretty similar.

TBH I just hate lack of professionalism. NA has a huge issue with it, being that I don't play solo queue in other realms or really understand the asian streams I do get to watch, I only get to see the NA scene, and here people let their rage get the best of them far too often. That, and their egos. You can say "oh it promotes rivalries!" but really the only thing that promotes rivalries and competition is actual competition. The only thing people running their mouths promotes is children emulating them.

We already have enough bull**** in the League community without other *******s to emulate.
I'm just confused cause while the stuff he says in-game isn't zekent level, I haven't seen clakey do well... anything like that and I've watched him stream a number of times.

Maybe I've missed it or maybe he doesn't do it while streaming, but I don't think I'm changing my impression without specifics.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm just confused cause while the stuff he says in-game isn't zekent level, I haven't seen clakey do well... anything like that and I've watched him stream a number of times.

Maybe I've missed it or maybe he doesn't do it while streaming, but I don't think I'm changing my impression without specifics.
You don't have to until you see something you don't like, if ever. I'm sure on stream he's much better, he'd be an idiot to not change the way he acts.

If it's a permanent change, good, that's for the better, especially with his salaried status now.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I've got a friend who watches a lot of clakey stream and he said he was really nice and chill on stream. He played arams with his views as well and such. Perhaps there is a on/off stream discrepancy, but it seems at the very least he knows how to behave when eyes are on him.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Heimerdinger is the worst thing ever. How the fudge do you win your lane assuming no help from a jungler? He sits in front of my turret with two of his up and just sits there farming every single creep.

At 10 mins he was sitting at about 110 creeps to my 95. It steadily got worse. Not happy.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Heimerdinger is the worst thing ever. How the fudge do you win your lane assuming no help from a jungler? He sits in front of my turret with two of his up and just sits there farming every single creep.

At 10 mins he was sitting at about 110 creeps to my 95. It steadily got worse. Not happy.
play huehuekaiser

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was playing huehuekaiser. :<

I just... don't get what I'm supposed to do. I asked the dude and he told me to be aggressive early, but then I'm just killing myself with my moves, and prolonged exposure to turrets hurts, yo!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
:<

It was the first time I've seen heimerdinger. I was like "is this a new champion?"

I googled him after, and his kit makes no sense. Really strong in laning phase, but seems weak in teamfights.

D

Deleted member

Flash only has a 188 second cooldown with utility mastery+distortion. I've been taking Flash+Tele every time I mid, and getting early Distortion, I'm loving it. Not getting nerfed anytime soon I hope?
"only" 188 lol. I wonder how long they are gonna keep increasing the cooldown until they finally realize they just need to drop the damn spell

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"only" 188 lol. I wonder how long they are gonna keep increasing the cooldown until they finally realize they just need to drop the damn spell
It was 265 (250) before, unless you invested 21 points in utility... this is a huge buff, thanks to the masteries and boot enchantments.

And they're probably never gonna drop it, it's too integral to... everything. They've discussed it multiple times.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
No I should've clarified, as people they're less deserving. It's sickening how childish and petty they can be over League related things.

As players, they obviously deserve it, because they won! DNG choked though, imo, but mrn didn't choke so that point still stands.
Dekar you're going to have to be more specific than this. I don't know the rest of Clakey's team but I've met Clakey in a few events for fighting games and he's never acted immature or childish.

It really does look like you're being unreasonably opinionated toward team MRN and especially Clakey. He looked very professional in the interview after MRN's win, too. I really don't know what happened to cause you to have this opinion of him but I'd like to know.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
:<

It was the first time I've seen heimerdinger. I was like "is this a new champion?"

I googled him after, and his kit makes no sense. Really strong in laning phase, but seems weak in teamfights.
Yeah, ******** laning but scales terribly and doesn't leave much of a mark as a caster. To rub salt in the wound, Zyra pulls off the whole "drop turrets in team fights and wreck" idea and makes it actually work incredibly well.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Heimer is such a fun champ early game. True he slides off but it's moreso positioning with his turrets in teamfights. He's good at running away and helping teammates get away or good for those last hit kills but not like the best compared to Zyra in teamfights.

Still one of my favorite/best champs to play to date.

Love that his turrets hit turrets otherwise I don't think I'd play him as often as I do.

Player-3

Smash Hero
the reason he is so bad lategame is because his turrets have 400 hp and dont take reduced damage from aoe

aka they get oneshot by anything aoe

Dekar173

Justice Man
He's been an ****** every single time I've had him on my team or the opposing team? Lol. Like a true ****face. Which happens in solo queue, sure, frustration etc. but for it to happen in arranged teams is just silly, **** people like that.

It's what anonymity does to lesser people like him. Of course he's going to be buddy buddy with you at tourneys, in person, that's just how those things go. I mean, how did the average smasher act at Apex, or any other tourney you've been to?

In my experience of playing with/against every single one of these guys save for heartbeat, they're pricks.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Look, I haven't seen him do it when he streams, nor when he's on other people's streams, so what I'm asking for is examples, cause I'm legit confused. Clakey has always struck me as more of a sarcastic joker that can be taken the wrong way then somebody who's malicious.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I don't write down instances of people being *******s, I just remember them, sorry I can't pull up some screencaps for you XD but I haven't got them!

Edit: if you like someone, that's you, my opinion isn't law. In my experiences though, he's been a ****. It could just be ridiculously coincidental that every game I've had him, on multiple accounts, he's an asshammer. I could've caught him at bad times. I'm leaning more towards him just being a **** though.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Sounds like the Mogwai and Reep relationship.

Can we drop it now and bring it back up whenever you're on a qualified team? :gova:

Top Bottom