• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Cia

das kwl
Anyone in here an expert on Katarina (Frolossus maybe?)

I've been trying a new build on her for 2 days and it's been amazing so far (especially on TT)

Masteries are 9/21/0 and my Runes are:

- Flat Health Regen Quints
- Flat Mpen Marks
- Flat Armor seals (temp.. til i find something better)
- Scaling AP glyphs (SUPER temp.. need more glyphs..)

I take Flash + Ignite and the build is something like:

Regrowth Pendant + Health Pot > Sorc Shoes > Hextech Revolver > Giant's belt > FoN > H. Revolver.
---

I feel like health regen in the laning phase is a bit overpowered so I've been abusing that and it's been.. pretty amazing. I know the FoN seems odd, but it's really been giving me the added survivability to last in a team fight. Same with those revolvers (that eventually become gunblades)

Any Ideas for my seals and glyphs? and general thoughts?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i've lost 100 elo in the past few days. this is with a elo loss/gain of 12 per game. i've played about 20 games. i never fed and often went positive. i was helpful and constructive. i bought wards. i called mias. i had great map awareness and communication skills.

then i go onto a livestream and watch 1800 players make mistakes that i would never make. i might just stop playing the game and play vicariously through hotshot and guardsman bob. lol
ive thought about this a lot

just quitting and then playing vicariously thru the popular streams

the only thing that keeps me actually playing is... iggy, kevin, kleeck, dastrn, m3d, virg, px, chad, evan, dan, zac, and real jpak. way too fun to play with dumpster vent group... lol

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Vocal, the trick is to plan ahead and learn where the key shroom locations are.
Yea, I mean given enough time I can set up multiple escape paths, but the problem I found is that after I use one it takes a while to reset it, leaving me somewhat vulnerable til it's fixed. Should I just use those times to go do other stuff or what?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer

the only thing that keeps me actually playing is... iggy, kevin, kleeck, dastrn, m3d, virg, px, chad, evan, dan, zac, and real jpak. way too fun to play with dumpster vent group... lol
Best post of 2011.

I play for my friends. I will even sit in vent and listen to them play while I'm playing solo. I want to tryhard a bit more than most of our crew, but when it comes down to it, I want to have fun with friends.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I definitely stand there and attack once I have start defensive curl after the taunt. Would that explain the suckiness?
Meh, depends who you taunt. If its a ranged carry there isnt much use unless your nimbleness is proced and you are moving very fast. And sometimes its a bad idea to initiate with taunt/pull. If the enemy has an anti-carry like xin you should save your taunt for when he tries to **** your ashe. But if you have a support like Janna baby sitting your carry go ahead and try to snag a taunt on their melee dps and pull him into your team to make the fight an instant 5v4.

Concerning what you were saying earlier about how you kept dying: If you had sunfire and fon and you are still dying you most likely are doing it right. If the enemy feels they need to focus you that much you have already won. <--This is assuming you have a competent carry

Don't be afraid to dive as rammus if your team gives the go ahead. Even with the 15% arm pen towers pack now, rammus lives under towers. Whilst diving maximize the amount of time you can stand under the tower by retreating just to the edge of it's range after initiating. The most important thing is to not leave tower range until everyone else is out (unless of course you are about to die and no one important will die if you leave). You dont want your ashe dead.

The overall mindset of how you willl play rammus depends on both your own team comp and their team comp. Like I said above if you have janna protecting ashe you can work with your melee dps to shut down the other team's carry. If you dont have a support or your support is having trouble protecting your carry, just ride your carry's ***. If the enemy gets to close ball them back, if your carry cant reposition in the time the knock up allowed taunt them off.

Like Px said hes not too hard to play. Just takes practice and an understanding of how to tank.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Yet you ditch us for your real life friends when the opportunity arises *glare*

How can we be Tom and Pals without the Tom!?

jpak

Smash Lord
Dunno why you guys keep playing something that causes you so much frustration. Go play arranged ranked 5s!

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I have the most fun when I play 5s with you all.
Solo queue 3s are fun though since Dekar's opinions and advice from 4 months ago still **** everyone now.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
DUDE LEE SIN SUCKS!

that or I really don't know how to build him..
It's not just you.
He really is mediocre in every sense of the word right now.
Those AD ratio buffs helped a little in not being so useless, but he still has more love coming next patch as Morello stated.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
Best post of 2011.

I play for my friends. I will even sit in vent and listen to them play while I'm playing solo. I want to tryhard a bit more than most of our crew, but when it comes down to it, I want to have fun with friends.
I think there's a lot of "super funziez" crossover between playing with friends and tryharding. The most fun I have is playing with you dudes and even if we lose we can all be honest about what we need to improve, and when we win I have a joygasm.

Getting better = moar funz. Getting better with cool dudes = priceless.

I'm going to hold off organizing anything for the time being as I don't want to hijack what Shaya appears to be putting together. (Which I really appreciate!) If Shaya decides to not put something official and tryhard together I'll get things moving.

Regulators, mount up!

arch knight

Smash Lord

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Anyone in here an expert on Katarina (Frolossus maybe?)

I've been trying a new build on her for 2 days and it's been amazing so far (especially on TT)

Masteries are 9/21/0 and my Runes are:

- Flat Health Regen Quints
- Flat Mpen Marks
- Flat Armor seals (temp.. til i find something better)
- Scaling AP glyphs (SUPER temp.. need more glyphs..)

I take Flash + Ignite and the build is something like:

Regrowth Pendant + Health Pot > Sorc Shoes > Hextech Revolver > Giant's belt > FoN > H. Revolver.
---

I feel like health regen in the laning phase is a bit overpowered so I've been abusing that and it's been.. pretty amazing. I know the FoN seems odd, but it's really been giving me the added survivability to last in a team fight. Same with those revolvers (that eventually become gunblades)

Any Ideas for my seals and glyphs? and general thoughts?
your damage is way too late in this build :(. You need a rylai's or deathcap well before this build will get there since you basically have 6K worth of items that net you very little in the way of offense (mostly spent on regen and spell vamp :(((((() If you're still laning after 6K gold I guess it could work, but you should really not be getting that FoN or 2nd revolver so early (if at all, I don't like either on Kat tbh).

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
At about 9pm Pacific Time tomorrow/today/whatever I'll be looking for the tryhards.
So be there or be SQUARE (like danGR).
I'll be there.

Did you ever finish that table? I'm kind of curious as to what possible comps we have available.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
It's not just you.
He really is mediocre in every sense of the word right now.
Those AD ratio buffs helped a little in not being so useless, but he still has more love coming next patch as Morello stated.
good...Lee is like the first champ that ever made me want to buy energy runes (not going to do it though)

pretty much this Noct is far better choice to spend your IP on.
Here some more to seal the deal with Lee :/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvqsULT4Xwo&feature=feedlik
Nocturne definitely craps on Lee all day..Lee will never beat nocturne in a 1v1

hell Lee won't beat Xin or Irelia either now that I think of it... (or Jax)

Well, for now Lee Sin has a glitch with his Tempest that makes him good, especially earlier on.
That double dsmash glitch really isn't that great unless you are trying to clear a creep wave really fast lee is sup-par good at pushing lanes because of the double Dsmash and his passive.

but in a teamfight the double dsmash is garbz...you just used 120 energy and did mediocre damage and then if you use tempest thats 160...you can't even use any of your other moves unless you hit your passive.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
At about 9pm Pacific Time tomorrow/today/whatever I'll be looking for the tryhards.
So be there or be SQUARE (like danGR).
I'm usually in bed by then, but maybe I can stay up late this weekend for some premade 5s.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
I'm usually in bed by then, but maybe I can stay up late this weekend for some premade 5s.
Oh ****. I didn't realize he is Pacific. That's midnight for us workin' men in Indiana... Any chance at an earlier time?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
See I'm a noob and usually stay up to like 4am aussie time, which is about 11am PST. 9PM pst is about 2pm my time, I could probably roll over after a coffee for like 7pm-ish instead though.

So after some SLEEP I get up at a reasonably late time. haha
!_!

While I'm doing this one for today, I could/would try for an earlier one tomorrow probably.

Alternatively, I could try update the table before going to sleep and people can try their luck at making epic team comps and try harding a bit earlier in the day.

Anyway, add me in game if you don't have me already (HiyaShaya).

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
ELO RESET!?!?!?!

Why am I even trying...
This is a basic element of competitive... anything. Every season is fresh. Your Elo is not necessarily the "I'm THIS good" indicator for all time, it's your seasonal score. If it's good then you're skilled and will, more than likely, come out highly ranked in Season 2 (after your placement matches.) If it's low, you always have next season! Every sport that I can think of runs off this model. Even the best in the world, traditionally, have to prove themselves over and over.

I've seen plenty of opinions in the LoL community that are of the persuasion that some of the higher ranked players are not as skilled as their Elo indicates, and vice versa. Seasons clear the slate to verify that everyone is where they're supposed to be. If you're really in Elo hell, now you're not. Prove yourself. If you're really the best in the world you'll be ranked highly season after season. Everyone gets to validate themselves, for better or for worse.

I think it would be cool if they seeded the top 1000 players or something. Just something to indicate where they stood last season/are expected to rank this season.

But yeah. Seasons. Competition. Pretty normal.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Thank god.

Hopefully I can pretend I never played 2k ranked games.

There's been talks of some "ELO" adjustments for players that reached certain thresholds though.
(AGES AGO from Zileas) but that isn't concrete.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Meh, depends who you taunt. If its a ranged carry there isnt much use unless your nimbleness is proced and you are moving very fast. And sometimes its a bad idea to initiate with taunt/pull. If the enemy has an anti-carry like xin you should save your taunt for when he tries to **** your ashe. But if you have a support like Janna baby sitting your carry go ahead and try to snag a taunt on their melee dps and pull him into your team to make the fight an instant 5v4.

Concerning what you were saying earlier about how you kept dying: If you had sunfire and fon and you are still dying you most likely are doing it right. If the enemy feels they need to focus you that much you have already won. <--This is assuming you have a competent carry

Don't be afraid to dive as rammus if your team gives the go ahead. Even with the 15% arm pen towers pack now, rammus lives under towers. Whilst diving maximize the amount of time you can stand under the tower by retreating just to the edge of it's range after initiating. The most important thing is to not leave tower range until everyone else is out (unless of course you are about to die and no one important will die if you leave). You dont want your ashe dead.

The overall mindset of how you willl play rammus depends on both your own team comp and their team comp. Like I said above if you have janna protecting ashe you can work with your melee dps to shut down the other team's carry. If you dont have a support or your support is having trouble protecting your carry, just ride your carry's ***. If the enemy gets to close ball them back, if your carry cant reposition in the time the knock up allowed taunt them off.

Like Px said hes not too hard to play. Just takes practice and an understanding of how to tank.
<3 Thank you for the advice! It's is greatly appreciated!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Thank god.

Hopefully I can pretend I never played 2k ranked games.

There's been talks of some "ELO" adjustments for players that reached certain thresholds though.
(AGES AGO from Zileas) but that isn't concrete.
2200, you should at least keep an accurate count.

That said, since an ELO adjustment makes sense, that's exactly what Riot won't do.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
If I had to guess, they'll have you start at like +100 or something for each league divider or something (unranked, bronze(1200), silver(1500), gold(1850), plat(2100?)). It would be really stupid for them to completely reset, early season 1 was so painful T_T.

jpak

Smash Lord
Ending too soon, they could have waited till the end of premier that way a few teams can catch up to CLG's level. Or may be riot could have made their own tourney opposed to being in dreamhack. But there's probably much more to come, like magma for season 2 or replays for the championship.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I was playing as Akali last night, and I got ignited early game, died, and then bugged so the graphical effect of the ignite stayed there for the rest of the game. Ignite + Banshee's + Red + Blue = Pretty Christmas Ornament.
-DD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Idk. They basically gave Season 1 a year before ending it. I don't think you can call that short.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
It'll be a little annoying to get started again for season 2 rankings, but I honestly never really tried that hard after my bad start in ranked. I lost my first 4 solo queue games to leavers, so I started out at like 1000. I climbed back to 1215 or so somehow, and then hit a real ****ty streak of bad kids and sunk as low as 1060. Climbed back to 1160 by tryharding like crazy for a while duo queing with kleeck, but now i'm back down to like 1140. It's amazing how bad some kids are at this game.

I had a leaver this morning in a ranked game. We were 25 minutes in, and slowly winning the war of attrition on towers, and up like 7 kills and our tank goes "we have to push hard now, i have to leave in 15 mintues" and i was like "where are you going?" he ignored me for like 10 minutes and kept running up mid lane trying to force a fight under their tower that we couldn't win.

We did our best to not abandon him but we started trading 2 for 1 without hurting the tower and they would counter push and take a tower and then back off and wait for us again. did this 3-4 times and they ended up taking an inhib and then the tank just disappeared for 10 minutes, and then popped back in the game to die once and then disappeared again... this is RANKED.

so stupid to lose an easily won game because people just don't care in a ranked game. you should have to click a button that says "I really care about winning or losing this game, and i'm going to commit to trying to win" before you play ranked.

Top Bottom