• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'd like to get into some premade 5's. I can play any role pretty competently. My strongest champs are Anivia and Malphite. I can jungle well with a lot of people. My best ranged champs are ashe and ez. My favorite roles are casters and bruisers probably, but I could fill any role because that's what I usually try to do.

Carries- Ashe*, ez*, cait, twitch, urgot
casters- anivia*, malz, sion, annie, panth
bruisers- blitz*, jarvan*, ren, nasus, xin
tanks- Malphite*, amumu, rammus, galio, maokai*
junglers- shaco*, noc*, olaf, nunu, udyr,
support- janna
anti carries- poppy*,

I was thinking about putting some people in multiple categories but then said **** it. I can jungle with some of the bruisers and stuff and didn't feel like listing people i already had in anti carries.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
NKB, I've been wondering forever - what's that anime in your signature?

^ Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

It's was basically the winter anime season's must watch. The last two episodes have been delayed for the past month. People are having speculations as to why it was delayed. Some say it was because of all the stuff going on in Japan at the time (I highly doubt this is the cause because all the other animes went right back on schedule the following week,) they want to take their time trying to figure out how to end the show, or the ending is going to be really dark (the show is really deceitful, it looks cute and all but it's really dark) and they didn't want it to air during all the turmoil that is going on in Japan.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The reason is because MBS or whatever have contracted rights for airing the episodes first before anyone else can.

They aren't allowing 11 or 12 to air due to "sensitivity" reasons. It's likely we won't be getting the episodes until DVD release in September.

**** making tables. Losing like 70 elo so I'm going to sleep.
Until september

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
The reason is because MBS or whatever have contracted rights for airing the episodes first before anyone else can.

They aren't allowing 11 or 12 to air due to "sensitivity" reasons. It's likely we won't be getting the episodes until DVD release in September.

**** making tables. Losing like 70 elo so I'm going to sleep.
Until september
Yeah, that's what I thought. Whatever is going to happen in 11 or 12 is going to be bad.

Did your read the manga?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Update for anyone that uses my Udyr builds.

I've added 3 Flat Cooldown glyphs to my runes (swapping out 3 AS blues). 3 is the smallest number that lets Udyr do a really cool and very helpful trick early levels. After you get blue buff with a minimum of 3 cdr blues, you'll be spam a single stance and keep his Monkey Agility passive stacked. For those that don't know, Monkey Agility gives 10% attack speed bonus and 3% dodge bonus everytime you activate a stance (stacks up to 3 times).

Without 3 CDR blues:
Wolves: Tiger (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (2 stacks = 20% as) -> Turtle (1 stack = 10% as)
Wraiths: Tiger (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (2 stacks = 20% as) -> Turtle (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (1 stack = 10% as)

With 3 CDR blues:
Wolves: Tiger (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (2 stacks = 20% as) -> Turtle (3 stacks = 30% as)
Wraiths: Tiger (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (2 stacks = 20% as) -> Turtle (3 stacks = 30% as) -> Turtle (3 stacks = 30% as)

It is possible to do it without 3 flat cdr blues, but there's no way to be consistent unless you have 3 (I've tried).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Athene probably won't make it. Look how many referrals Grez has that didn't get to level 5... 18k of them, almost as many games of ranked as Shaya has played.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> So are they actually 10k unique people or 10k smurf accounts?
-DD

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It actually won't allow me to...

Currently I only have 4 rune pages. I thought the limit was 11? =(
Yes UTDZac contact support. They should help you out. If the current limit is only 10 (they had that promotion with an extra page) as long as you mention it they will probably refund you the RP of buying the extra page, or just fix it so you can have 11.

We need to play ranked more, I like your comments while playing heh.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to understand why I am playing so bad with Jungle Rammus lately.

Like I always feel under leveled, and unable to tank anything. All attempts either end in an unsuccessful gank, me being at like no health, or me getting killed. Can someone tell me the proper way to play Rammus in Jungle.

Builds/Masteries/Runes?
Ok, so i jungle rammus all the time; and i consider myself to be pretty good at it, I don't really know you so i understand if you dont think I'm credible.

Masteries: 0/21/9 (good hands or per. your choice and make sure you grab exp mastery and 1 point in buff duration)

Spells: Smite flash (flash is great on rammus in lots of different situations)

Runes: Magic Pen reds and flat armor yellows are a must. Quints i run flat armor or hp. Blues can be w/e Rammus jungling is easy so it doesn't matter much. (personally i run flat mr blues so i can gank casters easier. Keep in mind flat mr blues dont help in the jungle though)

Jungling (cloth 5 pots): Take W first and have someone leash blue for you. Rank Q next and head to wolves. Auto attack big wolf once then immediately Q to prevent getting hit, right after press W again and Q right after it wears off. Timing your Q is very important because it actually saves you a lot of hp in the jungle. Head to wraiths attack big wraith Q then W (if you do this right the small wraiths will kill themselves on your W. Leaving you with lots of Hp for red. Use the same tactic stated above for red and mini golems taking taunt after wraiths and again after mini golems (if you are having trouble you can take a second rank in w after wraiths and just one rank in E after golems this inhibits your epic ganks though).

Other tips: (ganking) Charge your roll in brush as to minimize the amount of time your target has to react.

Your taunt is an epic counter for almost all melee champs. Taunt an enemy and drag him backwards into your team for an insta-kill.

If you are under farmed and didnt gank well grabbing hogs will help you a ton. Typically if my ganks are going really well I rush aegis (unless a support is getting it).

My build is very flexible but ends up looking something like this:
merc
1/2 hog
sunfire <---Every game
Fon<---- Every game
Banshees <--- if team is ap heavy
Thornmail <---- This + taunt + W = gg ad carry.

Hope you found my junglign tips helpful. My ign is Evanms we can do a custom game and i can show you how i do it if you dont understand.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
We need to play ranked more, I like your comments while playing heh.
Sure thing I'm down.

EDIT: I'm also really enjoying the fact that people aren't auto banning Rammus in ranked (or at least where I am) anymore. The most common I see is Shen, Zil, Rene, Noct, Urgot/other.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Update for anyone that uses my Udyr builds.

I've added 3 Flat Cooldown glyphs to my runes (swapping out 3 AS blues). 3 is the smallest number that lets Udyr do a really cool and very helpful trick early levels. After you get blue buff with a minimum of 3 cdr blues, you'll be spam a single stance and keep his Monkey Agility passive stacked. For those that don't know, Monkey Agility gives 10% attack speed bonus and 3% dodge bonus everytime you activate a stance (stacks up to 3 times).

Without 3 CDR blues:
Wolves: Tiger (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (2 stacks = 20% as) -> Turtle (1 stack = 10% as)
Wraiths: Tiger (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (2 stacks = 20% as) -> Turtle (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (1 stack = 10% as)

With 3 CDR blues:
Wolves: Tiger (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (2 stacks = 20% as) -> Turtle (3 stacks = 30% as)
Wraiths: Tiger (1 stack = 10% as) -> Turtle (2 stacks = 20% as) -> Turtle (3 stacks = 30% as) -> Turtle (3 stacks = 30% as)

It is possible to do it without 3 flat cdr blues, but there's no way to be consistent unless you have 3 (I've tried).
You can also get this if you get the cd masteries in the utility tree. Just found it out last game on accident trying a 1/8/21 mastery build.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Gunblade Kayle looks cool

Skarner... scorpion void champ?

wtf is that first picture? I see katarina.. and kayle.. and who else?

btw easter bunny teemo day 1 buy

WAY too cute

btw here is the pulled Brand art spotlight that that screenshot came from

http://www.gamershell.com/tv/32166.html

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
it might take longer to kill the camp but you get free health and free mana from turtle hits and with 30% atkspd its pretty fast anyways

MY GUESS

@klEACK: i think that 2nd to last picture has 3 different colored skarners... :)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
re: the udyr stance dancing ****, why aren't you just going back to tiger? chaining turtles seems silly to me.
Simple. Tiger Turtle Turtle is more efficient and only slightly less quick than Tiger Turtle Tiger.

You can use more of your offensive spell to finish the jungler quicker, or you can keep turtle up to stay near full health and have have plenty of mana. I can't recall, but I think spamming Tiger a lot wastes too much mana. Remember each activation early on costs you 75 mana.

Top Bottom