• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Lemme give it to you straight, your attitude about it sucked. Speaking as a neutral observer your tone came off as very unwilling to accept correction and very matter of fact. You also responded poorly when people tried to correct you.

That may not have been your intention, but it's how you came off. That's why people are annoyed, not cause you're being a nice guy.
The only reason my attitude got like that was because I was attacked first... >_>

D

Deleted member

the reason why i like top is because one mistake = YOUR ****ED GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Isn't a thread used for people to talk to each other?
But it's going personal and need to stop like I said.

Just drop it and let is go.

Adumb, I do appreciate your comments and that you are helping, but how about we move away from this? For everyone's sake.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Okay then that's fine.

I do have a question though. Isn't AP Kennen a lot better than AD Kennen?
They're both good. Yes, most of his stuff scales off of AP, but he also has good base stats for a ranged carry and brings a lot of utility to the role. Which one is "better" is a moot point, the question is how AP Kennen stacks up to other AP carries and how AD Kennen stacks up to other AD carries, and he has advantages and disadvantages next to the standard choices in both these roles.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
They're both good. Yes, most of his stuff scales off of AP, but he also has good base stats for a ranged carry and brings a lot of utility to the role. Which one is "better" is a moot point, the question is how AP Kennen stacks up to other AP carries and how AD Kennen stacks up to other AD carries, and he has advantages and disadvantages next to the standard choices in both these roles.
Hm...it just seems like people would benefit more from AP Kennen, I don't play him so I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

Lovage

Smash Hero
comparing ad ken and ap ken is the same as comparing sivir and ryze. two different roles that have nothing to do with each other don't often get asked "who's better" cuz they're filling completely different tasks. ad kennen is a really strong counterpick to tons of bot lane comps with high mobility, high utility, sustainability and poke. his weakness is poor scaling near the end of midgame, but the point in picking him is so you have a guaranteed win early game.

ap kennen is a burst caster that can carry teamfights by himself and **** many common ap picks in lane

apples and oranges

if ur question was "i bought kennen how shuld i build him" i'd say build AP because it's way easier to play and you'll **** ****ty noobs.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
comparing ad ken and ap ken is the same as comparing sivir and ryze. two different roles that have nothing to do with each other don't often get asked "who's better" cuz they're filling completely different tasks. ad kennen is a really strong counterpick to tons of bot lane comps with high mobility, high utility, sustainability and poke. his weakness is poor scaling near the end of midgame, but the point in picking him is so you have a guaranteed win early game.

ap kennen is a burst caster that can carry teamfights by himself and **** many common ap picks in lane

apples and oranges

if ur question was "i bought kennen how shuld i build him" i'd say build AP because it's way easier to play and you'll **** ****ty noobs.
If I ever want to try Kennen I guess I'll do that then.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
when you say lane camp top do you mean to legit sit in the lane (like in the side bush) and soak experience and Scare the opposing top from trying to farm while your top farms?

or am I just supposed to try to gank it a lot?

I seem to have a problem with the path as Jungle alistar

like I get blue and then gank bot/top (whatever I'm closer to but for this scenario I will say I was closer to bot)

so I gank bot and then either get a kill or burn a bunch of summoners. and then I go mid but usually by the time bot gank is over MY mid has pushed the lane to far for me to come from behind (still in the 1200 elo area)

after them I'm like well ****?

MacD

Banned via Administration
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

this solo top poppy was a good chunk of the reason i lost the game that would have given me a full page of wins, half of which were ranked

advice to anyone who wants to go solo top poppy, please please please don't do it vs a singed, k thanks

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

apples and oranges

Well, there's also the question of if there's better picks for top/mid or ad carry given the opposing team's comp so far. But yea, this.

Player-3

Smash Hero
EI don't think he's underppreciated I think he's fallen out ofI flavor because he cant carry late game like other bruisers top, and he requires a stronk team

Regarding singed

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Singed gets bullied around too much early on imo. If you have someone camp top/she dies early, then he wins.

I'm almost positive Irelia wins, but that's with items.

It's only if you're Melee AND dookie that Singed is a monster imo. Some of the more bull**** Melee out there can deny him or scale well enough to not be afraid.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I max shield most of the time, for easy harras.
If you're already dominating your lane you can choose to lvl q for more damage.
Level E if you are against a champ with good harras.

Most of the time I skill w first and e after.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Singed gets bullied around too much early on imo. If you have someone camp top/she dies early, then he wins.

I'm almost positive Irelia wins, but that's with items.

It's only if you're Melee AND dookie that Singed is a monster imo. Some of the more bull**** Melee out there can deny him or scale well enough to not be afraid.
lol, ok, w/e.

is it ever a good Idea to max Riven's Q first? (or before maxing the shield dash at least)
no, shield and stun are essentially always better. Q's only ever better on paper if you're hitting with all 3 parts and that's just not how the move typically plays out.

D

Deleted member

i have never not taken a dump on singed but i guess i'll chalk it up to bad singed players

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah Q is also great to escape with. Shield to go in, do combo, use Q to get out. That's why you don't max Q because having shield/stun do more is better 90% of the time.

i have never not taken a dump on singed but i guess i'll chalk it up to bad singed players

aaaa

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why doesn't everyone play Kennen / Rumble top? Don't they have no bad matchups?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Singed is great and all once it gets to late game but the problem is so many of the common top laners poop on him early on (gp,rumble,riven, ww, udyr, kennen, etc). I think that's why you rarely see singed in solo queue since it is so dependent on winning the game early on and demoralizing the other team+snowballing.

Top Bottom