• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

I still want to play that match with you since we've been saying we've seen it 100% opposite of each other forever now.

1v1 wise singed probably wins in theory, but when it gets to inevitable top + jungler gank i think chogath has the advantage. because singed is basically melee i think when jungler comes rupture+silence + jungler stun or w/e equates to death almost everytime

translates into singed being way too far behind --> proceed to **** singed --> singed farms top 10 minutes more than usual to catch up and be useful

but most singed players blindly run and farm creeps like my ruptures have a 95% hit rate/ they throw/ auto attack me push wave too early, so it feels like I win through pure azzz playing on the singeds part upwards 1900+ elo

==

i think kennen/rumble both lose to chogath also but you have to build/rune/mastery correctly

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Why doesn't everyone play Kennen / Rumble top? Don't they have no bad matchups?
Rumble loses a lot of matchups and frankly I haven't found Kennen too bad since I started running counter rune pages

New Blitzcrank Avatar.

Don't get grabbed!
lol nice.

Singed is great and all once it gets to late game but the problem is so many of the common top laners poop on him early on (gp,rumble,riven, ww, udyr, kennen, etc). I think that's why you rarely see singed in solo queue since it is so dependent on winning the game early on and demoralizing the other team+snowballing.
I honestly don't think any of those matchups are that bad. I think his roughest matchups are stuff like swain, teemo, pantheon, etc where they put a lot of damage out in the form of ranged harass.

i think kennen/rumble both lose to chogath also but you have to build/rune/mastery correctly
I agree with you on this BTW.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I definitely think Rumble loses to Cho, Kennen a lot more even.

You see Kennen top a lot. Rumble these days not so much. He's semi bull****, but you also have to really play him precise to do well. His fire needs levels behind it before it gets nasty, and using Fire to harass tends to push the lane so you gotta balance out a lot while still last hitting and not getting pooped on.

Out of the characters Bassem listed, I think it's GP Riven Kennen WW but you are definitely missing stuff like Ryze Swain Vayne Sivir where it's straight up bull**** trying to win. It's SO hard to lose that MU with those characters (Swain actually requires the most thought out of those pics, but basically wins. Can't even try to burst down Swain because his Ult will let him easily win even if you blow ignite). Singed is fine in certain MU's when you pick a top second, but picking Singed as a top before the other guys is very risky. To the point that you literally can find a better MU mid because it's so hard. I mean it's usually a good idea to hold off on top picks anyways due to CP mu's, but Singed in particular you can't go in first/second pick 1900 and NOT expect some ****** to insta lock Ryze or something hard. That's why you see more safe ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Probably has like 30-40+ MR loool

Then you purposefully take his Q shots when he tries to sustain from creeps and watch him heal for pitiful amounts while you regen it as Cho.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I definitely think Rumble loses to Cho, Kennen a lot more even.

You see Kennen top a lot. Rumble these days not so much. He's semi bull****, but you also have to really play him precise to do well. His fire needs levels behind it before it gets nasty, and using Fire to harass tends to push the lane so you gotta balance out a lot while still last hitting and not getting pooped on.

Out of the characters Bassem listed, I think it's GP Riven Kennen WW but you are definitely missing stuff like Ryze Swain Vayne Sivir where it's straight up bull**** trying to win. It's SO hard to lose that MU with those characters (Swain actually requires the most thought out of those pics, but basically wins. Can't even try to burst down Swain because his Ult will let him easily win even if you blow ignite). Singed is fine in certain MU's when you pick a top second, but picking Singed as a top before the other guys is very risky. To the point that you literally can find a better MU mid because it's so hard.
Sure, I agree he has counters like the 4 you mentioned, but GP isn't a hard matchup at all IMO. Can't speak on Kennen, but I don't think WW or Riven are good vs. him. I'm just saying that against most of the top I see these days, I think Singed is really strong. All the counters you listed don't show up a lot in solo queue right now.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
^

yea, omg, jungle ali is such a beating. also, the new solo queue OP is solo top Blitz. like, basically every game with solo top Blitz goes like this:

Opposing team goes, "lol, it's just blitz top, u don't need ganks!"
Blitz's team sends a gank at level 2 after Blitz has already cut his opponent's HP in half with a couple knockups.
First blood for Blitz + ganker because Blitz has Exhaust, knockup, and hook.
Opposing team starts raging at top for losing to Blitz ("lol, who the **** loses to blitz, can you believe this top?")
Blitz gets a 7 minute sheen and a 15 minute triforce as he snowballs stupidly hard vs. top, opposing top might have 2 dblades and boots 2 at 15 minutes.
20 minute surrender vote fails because, "it's just blitz, who cares if he's 9/1/6 and their jungler is 4/1/13 from diving our top every 2 seconds?"
25 minute surrender vote succeeds after blitz triple kills you and gets an ace at mid inhib tower.
Had to post this cause of what PX said LOL

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sure, I agree he has counters like the 4 you mentioned, but GP isn't a hard matchup at all IMO. Can't speak on Kennen, but I don't think WW or Riven are good vs. him. I'm just saying that against most of the top I see these days, I think Singed is really strong. All the counters you listed don't show up a lot in solo queue right now.
I dunno. I go GP vs most Singed players and give them the business. Pre catalyst he won't have much sustain to deal with Q to the face, and going in on GP before levels is asking for trouble. Idk if you can freely farm for a bit then yes you reach that sweetspot of never die always run Singed with Catalyst/RoA armor and a clear conscience, but before that point he's pretty weak and I haven't seen a Singed circumvent that period of getting straight bullied besides having jungle hug his slippery nuts til he's post 6-7-even after that.

Maybe they need to skip other runes and run more armor/MR for the lane and always go 21 defense with a ton of pots start. That sounds gay, can't force him out of lane and then he gets his ****, but idk.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I dunno. I go GP vs most Singed players and give them the business. Pre catalyst he won't have much sustain to deal with Q to the face, and going in on GP before levels is asking for trouble. Idk if you can freely farm for a bit then yes you reach that sweetspot of never die always run Singed with Catalyst/RoA armor and a clear conscience, but before that point he's pretty weak and I haven't seen a Singed circumvent that period of getting straight bullied besides having jungle hug his slippery nuts til he's post 6-7-even after that.
just open cloth + 5 with an armor and 21 defensive spec and constantly push and back to heal. GP runs out of mana so fast these days.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh yeah that's true they nerfed the mana cost on Q like twice. :(

Ok nowadays GP might not be that bad looool. God damnit Riot.

Before though, hell no GP was a ****in prick to Singed.

Still the other ****... I'd rather stab my eyes out than have to deal with some of those MU's. Vayne is balls, Ryze is super balls (I mean at least he can run out of Mana, good luck vs Sivir Vayne etc)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Oh yeah that's true they nerfed the mana cost on Q like twice. :(

Ok nowadays GP might not be that bad looool. God damnit Riot.

Before though, hell no GP was a ****in prick to Singed.
I dunno, I still think it wasn't that bad. If you got the flat -2 damage, you essentially murdered the damage on his passive. Even Pantheon has trouble wearing singed with armor spec down before he runs out of mana and Pantheon's mana in lane is a lot sturdier than GP's.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Of course man when I try to do a ranked my internet decides to shut off. Not only that I have players who just say "**** you" and others that wont listen and feed. I don't see at all how elo matters.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh well

Bassem remember when you were like a Morde main?

****in hilarous

D

Deleted member

What counter runes do you use against Kennen?
21-9-0

spell pen red

scaling mr yellow

flat mr blues

movespeed quints

start boots + 3 pots

ez game

=

now that i think about it some armor is fine too since kennen will inevitably auto attack a lot

Lovage

Smash Hero
Of course man when I try to do a ranked my internet decides to shut off. Not only that I have players who just say "**** you" and others that wont listen and feed. I don't see at all how elo matters.
i think elo can tell you a lot actually

anyone with 70+ games played most likely deserves what rank they have within 100 or 200 points. if a player has 150+ games played and can never seem to break 1400, odds are he is probably a 1400 quality player. if a player has 150+ games played and consistently stays above 2k, odds are they're probably a 2k quality player.

even if you didn't believe that, it's pretty **** obvious after you've played games with hundreds of people, 1300 players usually blow a bunch of ****, 1500 players are usually mediocre but noticeably better than the 1300s, the 1700s are better than the 1500s and so-on. elo doesn't give you a full picture of someone's skill at the game, but it usually gives a pretty good indicator lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've been playing Jungle Mordekaiser.
Dunno why I have so much fun doing that, but I enjoy the hell outta it.

Ganks suck though, obviously, but it's stupid easy to farm up on jungle creeps after level 4. :applejack:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
21-9-0

spell pen red

scaling mr yellow

flat mr blues

movespeed quints

start boots + 3 pots

ez game

=

now that i think about it some armor is fine too since kennen will inevitably auto attack a lot

This doesn't sound like a counter rune page. This sounds like a typical top lane page.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
i think elo can tell you a lot actually

anyone with 70+ games played most likely deserves what rank they have within 100 or 200 points. if a player has 150+ games played and can never seem to break 1400, odds are he is probably a 1400 quality player. if a player has 150+ games played and consistently stays above 2k, odds are they're probably a 2k quality player.

even if you didn't believe that, it's pretty **** obvious after you've played games with hundreds of people, 1300 players usually blow a bunch of ****, 1500 players are usually mediocre but noticeably better than the 1300s, the 1700s are better than the 1500s and so-on. elo doesn't give you a full picture of someone's skill at the game, but it usually gives a pretty good indicator lol.
You're not understanding situations though where I get team mates who literally want to lose... I just won with Nautilus but because my internet I got a leave which made me get -1 point less for my loss. So I guess I gotta win 1 more.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You're not understanding situations though where I get team mates who literally want to lose... I just won with Nautilus but because my internet I got a leave which made me get -1 point less for my loss. So I guess I gotta win 1 more.
No, we really do understand. Good ol' John! has told us many a tale.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've been playing Jungle Mordekaiser.
Dunno why I have so much fun doing that, but I enjoy the hell outta it.

Ganks suck though, obviously, but it's stupid easy to farm up on jungle creeps after level 4. :applejack:
If you're going to farm, then why don't you go mid as Morde and steal both Wraith camps and your wolves?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because I'm jungling! I've got bigger fish to fry.
But in all seriousness, I can't stand laning as Morde. Not having any means of escape just sucks. :applejack:

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
"@ Lovage Yep I knew you couldn't prove me wrong cause I know I can prove you wrong. Stop talking lol" -xALTIS
nice guys finish last.
Dunno why you rage over video game vs complete strangers.
Elo matters, step your weight up. Oh qq internet free losses. ****, if I go into an event with a broken controller or shoes without shoe strings. I don't plan on doing well.

tldr xaltis u sound like a selfish ******. Unlike virginlius who is just HARDGAY SWAG

Vyke

Smash Champion
Elo matters, step your weight up. Oh qq internet free losses. ****, if I go into an event with a broken controller or shoes without shoe strings. I don't plan on doing well.
So when you go to a melee event without shoelaces you plan to lose?!

john!

Smash Hero
No, we really do understand. Good ol' John! has told us many a tale.
i was just gonna say... he's making me look bad lol.

maybe once he gets stuck in elo hell and then doubles his elo in 150 games, like i did, then you can compare the two of us.

hell, maybe once that happens to any of you, you can come tell me that elo hell doesn't exist.

except by then, you'd have to be an idiot to think that.

oh wait...

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Dphat/mogwai/any of you that understand top lane/jungle relationship,

What am I supposed to do if my jungle is just incompetent? When I go GP or Riven, it doesn't bother me. However if they have a heavy gank jungler, and I get no support, is it worth it to just push my lane and farm their small camps? I usually do this with Shyv, Fiora, Singed, and Udyr.

:phone:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I do kinda understand. John, if you know Dfear, he's stuck really low in elo hell he was at 400, but hes at 800 now. He told me he lost 16 times in a row due to afkers. All his losses he went positive too. >_>

john!

Smash Hero
I do kinda understand. John, if you know Dfear, he's stuck really low in elo hell he was at 400, but hes at 800 now. He told me he lost 16 times in a row due to afkers. All his losses he went positive too. >_>
i was thinking more like 800-1600, but that works too i guess lol

the odds of getting trolled down to 800 are extremely low though, so i guess it's unrealistic of me to expect anyone in this thread to understand what i had to deal with.

Top Bottom