• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Do you all share the opinion that Warwick is bad lategame? I really only thought he was weak around super early to mid when he couldn't do anything but ult and hope the team follows up. But... if he gets to lategame with any decent amount of farm or kills he becomes this unkillable lifestealing machine. He doesn't kill you fast... but he'll be there to clean you up if you let him.

Idk, I always felt he was strong late because of his scaling with attack speed/tank.
...who said anything about WW being bad late game? WW's late game is stupidly strong.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Ww late game is by far the best out of any jungler.
Well rammus might be on par or better.
:phone:
Their late games are very different. I'd say WW has the strongest carrying capability of any other late game jungler, but Malphite, Amumu, and Rammus can all be utterly savage tanks late game. Nothing compares to the feeling of being a 300+ Armor Malphite vs. a team with 3 ADish heroes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Being a 300 AD Pantheon with IE vs 3 supports all at 10% health

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I would say Late Game Shyvana definitely carries harder than Warwick, assuming coordinated teams and people not letting themselves get picked off (in which case Warwick is stronger).

Shyv has one of the strongest late game team fights of any character in the game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
like, name 3 supports in that scenario that aren't going to just kite/cc your balls off while strategically placing +21038129038092 armor heals on the guy who you're trying to kill. and no I wouldn't do it because I'd be too busy crying myself to sleep over the fact that I bought a mother****ing IE on Pantheon.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Same disclaimer as before, but while warwick has an awesome lategame so does amumu, GP (who isn't a particularly good jungler, but the purpose for him is to have a gp on your team), and a few others.

Only time i don't like playing Sona is when the person i am pared with is an idiot and throws themselves into free gold for the enemy.

It isn't that bad to play as it's just frustrating that even when you are healing them giving them buffs and such they still keep playing like a moron.

You'd be surprised the kind of people you can carry, let me ask you this. What are you maxing first?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Idunno, a page back there was a slight mention of WW's lategame being lackluster and it spurred a memory where I read a similar statement sometime ago, I just never commented on it.

I was just curious if people felt the same, 'cuz I didn't.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If they think that they're wrong. It's his early game that's always been lackluster.

Tankwick is good at never dying while slowly killing you with high base damage Qs, on hit wick good at single target but a bit less survivable.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
If they think that they're wrong. It's his early game that's always been lackluster.

Tankwick is good at never dying while slowly killing you with high base damage Qs, on hit wick good at single target but a bit less survivable.
mercs, wriggle's, wit's, triforce, and then pick 2 of omen/GA/Frozen Heart/Spirit Visage/Banshee's

best WW build, always kill, never die

Mogwai just upset/too stubborn to pick up an op champ.

What? I play GP ffs.

I just know what I like and OP changes too often to really just pick up an OP champ and run them forever (other than Ramble and Yorick, but **** those *******s, neither of them is any fun for anyone).

EDIT: also re: WW's early game, jpak's post on it was the best in the thread. WW pre-6 ganks work a lot just because people don't see them coming. open boots, take wraiths -> red -> gank at level 2 (take E if ganking a boots first top lane, Q otherwise), ****'s pretty damn beastmode.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I tried out Ionic Spark on WW just for kicks on my smurf, and I found it hilarious that his ult procs the chain lightning. T'was good fun.

Just thought I'd share.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I tried out Ionic Spark on WW just for kicks on my smurf, and I found it hilarious that his ult procs the chain lightning. T'was good fun.

Just thought I'd share.
His ult does what.....................

That must be the secret buff saint was talking about. Wit's end op

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
WW ult has always applied on hits, that's why people liked bloodrazor on him.

Also, there is a character who Wit's + Spark is viable on :)

Also all I learned from Mogwai's huge post on WW is that he unignored jpak.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I wish rep still existed.

Also, I played in a bot game to see the new bots and actually had to carry. Was maybe one of the saddest things I've seen in a while.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sometimes, I question how anyone could have fun as a support. No Gold No Glory.
Oh didn't notice this.

Getting out of farming and spending the entire game poking at and trying to destroy the enemy team?

Sign me up!

Soraka is boring as hell though, taric I don't enjoy as much cause he doesn't really have agency in lane. Haven't actually done any allistar tbh, need to add him to my roster, even though I've had him forever.

Still haven't started actually playing ranked btw, need to find a reliable AD carry to duo with. When are there gonna be skrims next btw, criticism is always appreciated.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I wish rep still existed.

Also, I played in a bot game to see the new bots and actually had to carry. Was maybe one of the saddest things I've seen in a while.
Haven't tried em yet, wanna try out cassi so probably gonna try it after class, but from what I've heard, they've still got massive exploits but are incredibly coordinated and since crushing them in lane doesn't prevent them from getting fed they become pub-stompers.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so quick question. is hybrid pantheon like...viable at all?

Like I still don't know exactly what to build on panth but it usually circles around

(Jungle panth btw) double dblade or Wriggles depending on team) -> brutalizer -> phage.

then from there I either get Aegis or a BF Sword (depending on how well I'm doing)

but Like if I somehow manage like 3 ganks before red buff goes away. then I go hybrid and build phage into triforce and get a rageblade?

viable?....not viable?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
his AP scaling is bad. Triforce is an acceptable item to finish a build after you have a lot of AD, but rageblade is utter garbage on him and gunblade was questionably worth it when the stats were completely OP, but now that the stats are reasonable, **** that item.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
hmmm...so basically I should just be stacking damage on damage on damage? (with defense somewhere thrown in there)

Vyke

Smash Champion
Pick up the occasional Hexdrinker for resistances, I guess?

I see a lot of Pantheons go Frozen Mallet now.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
the moment when you flash q w with alistar can only be surpassed in awesomeness by getting multiple kills with karthus r

Top Bottom