• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also talking about Executioner's Calling; it fits perfectly in the SHAYA PATENTED YELLOW BUILD:

Wiggles,
Zerkers,
Avarice Blade,
Zeal,
Executioner's Calling,
Infinity Edge

Win all games, ever. Especially the ones that have Phantom X in them.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
This thread really hasn't changed much. E-drama is always fun times happy dance.

I'll be buying Ahri soon, any basic rule of thumbs for her? I'm assuming 2x/x/x and rages -> hat for a build.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I don't know. It seems like in most cases you would want Executioners calling is a Top vs Top match up when you play as a bruiser.

It gives you lifesteal and crit a nice little dot and an active reduced healing debuff, but I think Wriggles is definitely a better choice against most top lanes. Wriggles gives you armor, damage, life steal, a ward every 3 minutes, and also helps getting dragon. It only costs 150 more but provides more useful stats for laning. Damage and armor are more useful than crit when laning imo.

The only characters I am thinking this might be good against is Yorick and Volibear.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Any Vladimir and Revolver builders, assuming your character has decently high base damages.

Fizz is also highly underrated (particularly in the jungle) in the current metagame of heal/sustain spam.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Let him stay underrated, I ****ing hate fizz.

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
Wouldn't Executioner's be a counter to Wriggles sustainers? Any time you want to engage you just pop the 12 sec cooldown active to reduce their healing.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Wouldn't Executioner's be a counter to Wriggles sustainers? Any time you want to engage you just pop the 12 sec cooldown active to reduce their healing.
It is a 20 second cooldown. It has 12 seconds of downtime between the effect ending and the next cast.

That might work ok but the armor and damage from wriggles still make up for it in a 1v1 fight. I mean you have 18% lifesteal and +15% crit.

I have +23 damage + 30 armor and factoring in the debuff about 7.5% lifesteal.

I win that fight unless you get a large number of crits.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends on the character too. Passive farmer/sustain, sure. People that can afford to harass you back or engage in attrition wars, probably won't change much.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope

10nope

Actually you guys should, you learn a lot from watching Jpak. Don't ever troll him though

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Played a ~40 minute game two days ago, had 16 kills, most CS in game, and like 12 assists, and G/10 Taric (5 g/10 from runes) support outfarmed me by like 600 gold.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@HondaFoo how does one AP janna?

I ran AP janna yesterday and went 3-3-22. but my build still was kind of supporty.

and I maxed W instead of E first. what else do I need to know/do?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Play Gangplank with g/10 quints, yellows and masteries. Hit lategame. Profit.

if you want gold/10 on GP, get it from early philo/hog, not from pissing away the slots that let you play lanes early without getting ruined. it's really silly to assume that you can spec utility on a bruiser while also pissing away your Quints and Seals without getting RUINED at early levels.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
also whenever you play against nasus and you manage to "win" the lane what do you do after that?

like after I destroy first turret I want to go help other lanes but then that lets nasus free farm so I'm like..do I just stay top lane all game?

jpak

Smash Lord
yo shaya please make a post asking for an australian server on league of legends
i dont want to play with poeple like only have, for love, and dirty kiss ma
they are on par with korean terror

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
also whenever you play against nasus and you manage to "win" the lane what do you do after that?

like after I destroy first turret I want to go help other lanes but then that lets nasus free farm so I'm like..do I just stay top lane all game?
If you guys can group together and force him out of top by pressuring other lanes, he won't be able to farm. But if he chooses to keep farming, then you guys have to press a 4v5 advantage.

Otherwise, yeah, stay top and just keep him dead.
-DD

D

Deleted member

Be a man and spec and build to **** ur oppOnent. Gp5s usually is asking to eventually lose lane dominance, even if u outfarm passively

:phone:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

if you want gold/10 on GP, get it from early philo/hog, not from pissing away the slots that let you play lanes early without getting ruined. it's really silly to assume that you can spec utility on a bruiser while also pissing away your Quints and Seals without getting RUINED at early levels.
I also built Philo/Hog/Avarice in addition to it all.
Wasn't playing too seriously, and I know it would only work on bads.
But waltzing out with Infinity Edge + Atmogs at 30 minutes from pure farm and gold/10 was hilarious.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Should I use scaling or flat mana regen seals?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sure. Although for a lot of support you'll see armor instead.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yes. They buffed per level mana regen a while back so most champs get a lot of it, early level they still have the biggest deficits, so they're far better.

john!

Smash Hero
Armor Pen or Flat AD Reds, Armor/MP Regen Yellows, MR p/level Blues, Armor Pen or Flat AD Quints.

Amirite?
-DD
movespeed quints are very good on ranged carries, here's why:

after you autoattack a fleeing enemy champion, they gain a certain amount of distance away from you based on how long you are standing still.

example: your autoattack animation takes 1/3 of a second (of standing still), and their movespeed is 300 (because they're slowed or whatever). they gain 100 distance away from you during your autoattack animation.

suppose your movespeed is 350. assuming you're both running along a straight line, it will take you 2 seconds to gain enough distance to autoattack them again because you gain 50 distance on them per second. with MS quints your movespeed would be around 370 or so. this means you gain 70 distance on them per second, meaning it takes you 1 1/2 seconds to close the gap instead of 2. over time that becomes a DPS increase of 33%, which is extremely significant.

obv. this is just me theorycrafting, but MS quints seem ideal as long as you can last hit/farm reliably without flat AD quints

edit: in fact, since you're usually not running along a straight line, the distance you have to close usually ends up being 50 or less, meaning the 15-20 MS increase from the quints becomes even more significant.

the same applies to an enemy chasing you. if their gap closer has 400 range and your attack range is 600, MS quints will let you widen the gap more every autoattack and make then take longer to reach you.

Top Bottom