• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

The safest choice is to copy ChaoX and go Flat AD red, flat armor, flat MR, flat AD quints

Kira-

Smash Champion
Just hit Rank 1 in arranged 5s. I know it doesn't mean that much but since I'm a noob I am pretty proud.

It helps that all the pro teams are halfway across the world as well =)

Kira-

Smash Champion
You're "when will cheese add me"?
Now third :(

Congratulations, repping smashers hard!
Actually it's weird, the front page updates faster than the "View All" page. So if you look up the teams in the actual client, you'll see we have the highest elo. But if you look at the full list of teams on the site it says we're 3rd. But the Top 10 list on the front page (na.leagueoflegends.com) does say we're 1st.

And yeah my tag is 16char.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I thought that's what the old formula was, and that they don't catch up til later on after they did the universal mana regen changes. Because yes otherwise if that IS true I see no reason not to use scaling.

.41 flat

vs

.065 per level

So I think it's closer to level 7.

vvvvvvvv Exactly. That's why old scaling mana regen was crazy: 10x better than flat and scaled up too quickly. Solved mana regen problems for nearly anyone sans spamming anivia/Karthus

MacD

Banned via Administration
for seals
0.065*6=.39
0.065*7=.455
vs flat at 0.41

for glyphs
0.055*6=.31
vs
flat at 0.31

so 6/7 for seals and 6 for glyphs

is it really worth it to get flat?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depending on your caster, yeah. Once you get towards that point, your mana should already be easier to manage, either through the Drings you got or blue buff or blah blah. Early on you won't have blue or a lot of help for mana regen, so you get early regen to not get outlaned til that point and then it won't matter what regen seals you ran anyways.

Maybe if you're a top lane caster who's not gonna get blue a lot, that also uses mana (no kennen or rumble), then you want scaling. Even then though, if you need early dominance or regen, flat would be better too.

MacD

Banned via Administration
meh, i guess it's just one of those things i'd have to try and see

i've been using scaling and i'm normally fine till i get blue, and mid game is where i seem to run low on mana even with my regen per level.

but i don't go mid often anymore. i'd probably have to take a few many games and test it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It depends on the caster and what build you usually go. There's not a need for scaling if your build is 2-3 Drings and most/all blues. Managing mana for most characters since the changes has naturally gotten easier, which takes away a lot of the need for scaling to address concerns later on. The biggest concerns for mana regen are earlier on when you will not have items, natural leveling, or blues to help out. That's where the flat runes come along, and even if it's only for the first 7 levels, that's most champ's biggest concerns to begin with.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
New champ is Leona with constant but somewhat weaker (ignoring ult) CC. Tanks decently, does no damage, godly initiator.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
New champ only jungler. No good scaling so don't need her in lane, but her ult range is super big, as is the explosion range, and permaslow, which is great for ganks.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Just hit Rank 1 in arranged 5s. I know it doesn't mean that much but since I'm a noob I am pretty proud.

It helps that all the pro teams are halfway across the world as well =)
how the *** do you deal with the que times of high elo 5's
waiting 25 minutes for a super-stomp against a 7-0 team that blows

**** is so buck, big reason why we stopped playing them imo

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You know what else is crazy?

Dekar's team is also number one in 3s.

That's something pretty easy to boast about our "league of legends community" we have going here. Although one could argue pure coincidence :p

john!

Smash Hero

That's something pretty easy to boast about our "league of legends community" we have going here. Although one could argue pure coincidence :p
i can see it working at bars and such to impress girls

"so yeah, i know some guys online (and by "know" i mean i talk with them on an infrequent basis) who are part of groups of people that briefly simultaneously attained #1 in the word in two different modes in an online game."

*****es will flock

jpak

Smash Lord
moscow 5 very impressive
i need to know the support nunu's masteries and runes!

Lovage

Smash Hero
kiev reinforcing what i already knew: vayne janna blows
kiev making me learn new things: shyvana sick *** counterjungler, 16 minute barons op, ad kennen what the ****

a m5 vs tsm finals would be dope as hell

jpak

Smash Lord
dignitas can beat tsm
does moscow5 invade a lot or something? what do they use cv for

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not very good at ganking bottom lane from the jungle. I tend to do well ganking top and mid but for some reason or another, I tend to have trouble with bot lane ganks.

D

Deleted member

any worthwhile matches from kiev

despite being "#1", i don't feel its much to boast about because arranged 5s ladder (and 3s) truly isn't competitive. If Riot gave out Riot points for being in the top 5 people would actually give a ****

still good though

Top Bottom