• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well this should be fun. How long until they change the jungle THIS time?

On the other hand, maybe I can jungle with stupider characters than before like Annie and Talon.

Vyke

Smash Champion
New jungle is up and down

it really only benefits the junglers already godlike at jungling (except shaco and lee lolol)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
You serious? New jungle is great, my new route is wolves blues wraiths wolves red golems bam ur 4 at 305.

:phone:
Again I'm not sure as I can't experiment myself at work. A lot of QQ on the boards atm, TeddyRO hates the changes. Everyone seems to think that jungle is way slower so your behind when ganking (Esp if fails) and you quickly fall behind in levels/gold. Feel free to correct me though cause, again, I have no first hand knowledge.

Obviously is short sited, I believe the jungle is supposed to scale now (is gold/xp scaled as well?). After a few days will know for sure if it is a truly a nerf/buff.

Why does Lee Sin not benefit?
There seems to be this perceived "lvl 2 gank nerf" since you can't get lvl 2 off side golems anymore. But, apparently you can easily do red now for level 2 so I don't think that's necessarily the case.

jpak

Smash Lord
Can someone tell me how karthus is on the new patch? And does trundle ult affect drag/baron (like actually sure not just based off notes)? Is the respawn time for double golems fast enough for blue-side bot lane to take it without any issues?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So I'm kind of glad I'm playing smash tonight and not league. I've heard the new jungle is utter **** due to making it ESSENTIAL to constantly clear the jungle or fall extremely behind. Ganking early is a huge risk due to this, and you don't even hit level 4 with a full clear and the gold is meh.

Back to the roam meta?
That's old Jungle routes though.
Experimentation is key here.
Plus the possible changes in who can jungle adds even more.

Plus a new Akali skin.
-DD

S

smash brawl player 99021

Can someone tell me how karthus is on the new patch? And does trundle ult affect drag/baron (like actually sure not just based off notes)? Is the respawn time for double golems fast enough for blue-side bot lane to take it without any issues?
Karthus wall is only 5 seconds as opposed to 7, and it only slows once (it slowed every time you passed through)
is/can anyone stream? i'm at school and bored. :<

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'll test Trundle right now. About to do some custom jungle runs to see who seems crazy and find out what combination of camps gets you levels.

But, unless they straight up forgot about it, Trundle ult should not work (just like Jarv Q, Karthus Wall, Soraka Q, etc.)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I wish I got that game recorded. This is mogwai for the first 20 minutes, "WTF why am I getting ***** so hard. OMG hes going to tower dive me.. hes going to tower dive me OMFG." LOL
He's just lucky my ryze was winning 1v3's that entire game.
get out of here!

you're just lucky that I earned like 17 Gs that game and then split push our way to victory. TP's a really good summoner spell IMO.

also, I like that 403 guy. we should make a new team and make him play ranged DPS for us.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Camps respawn in one minute's time, heal you more the more health you're missing -_-

Vamp scepter opening on Trundle = never below 7/8 health. Bout to try dragon.

Doesn't look like his ult works on dragon, at least the numbers don't visibly change when his ult is placed (gonna see if they change on other camps [it does]).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Honestly the new jungle sucks dong. You can't even keep up with solos anymore if you leave it AT ALL (you'll be glad to keep up with the duos). You never drop in health, and you waste so much time walking to small camps for the respawn so you can get your gimped gold and xp.

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if people just say **** it and go double duo lane (with a roamer) while doubling back to clear some jungle mobs whenever they are up.

Like seriously. It's so brainless at this point that you might as well just stick bad players in there.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Anyone that can move quickly and clear camps with AoE is miles ahead of anyone else (Rammus among these), but jungle as a whole is super nerfed. Like even w/ faster respawns, you still get less gold/xp than before. And as I guessed, the risk of leaving the jungle is quite high.

I don't know. Either pick AoE clearers or support/tank junglers b/c ganking is so risky gold/xp wise now. Like... you have to be able to contribute to a team w/ little gold/farm.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You actually gain more gold and xp from the new jungle if you continually clear all the camps as they come up.

I think the point was that you have to choose now. People hate that.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I imagine ppl are gonna run a lot more offense runes on jungles in hopes of clearing camps faster, considering they're all weaker, give you hp for clearing, and spawn more quickly. I haven't actually played any games yet, but that's what it sounds like is gonna happen.

21/9/0 udyr with movespeed quints and boots start?

jpak

Smash Lord
Thank you for trying out the trundle ult PX.

As for your problem of being slow, have you tried starting boots? Rammus and alistar could do it fine before this patch and do well, I imagine it will be even better now for other junglers. Also should you even want to start vamp scepter? Junglers can clear pretty easily even before this patch and that is why less and less are building wriggles but rather a more support build. This is the transition I see jatt and oddone doing nowadays.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You actually gain more gold and xp from the new jungle if you continually clear all the camps as they come up.

I think the point was that you have to choose now. People hate that.
Respawn timer down by 40%. Gold/XP gain down by 50% on small camps. It's overall reduction no matter how you look at it.

jpak, what I mean by that is that the small camps are very far away from each other, so you have to waste all that time walking to get into position to get the gold/xp.

I donno. It feels like jungle is now farmfest or bust. Maybe gank once or twice if you have like 15 secs to spare before next camp respawn.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, I bet jungle Malz would actually work better now b/c no one is really going to want to bother invading.

And yeah, I may have to fiddle around. Maybe XP quints on junglers since it's easier to clear now. I think AD junglers are weaker now and tanky junglers are good now (and the damage return in defense tree is actually worthwhile now b/c of how weak they are that it will speed up jungle clearing significantly).

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I bet Pirate will be okay with gold if he levels Parley. His jungling will be nerfed just like everyone else's, but more kills = more bonus gold for him, as opposed to others who don't get a bonus.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, his Parley can keep him in the game gold wise, but he'll still be behind XP wise. And he can gank without being there. He'll still be a strong choice. Nocturne as well but that's more for AoE clear since his level 6 ult range is not good enough.

voorhese

Smash Master
Yeah i felt the same about time being wasted, so I was thinking that we may split up the jungle now? kinda like holding lanes if someone needs to back.

jpak

Smash Lord
Don't you still get to 4 faster say by like 10 seconds? Why try to power clear creeps and not take advantage of the health bonus with a gank and instead of basing after taking damage from the gank you can gain it from the jungle and repeat? Does this not work? I haven't played yet so just wondering.

Top Bottom