• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lee Sin doesn't need any defense masteries. I've never once had issues with / regretted got 21 in offense.
It mostly depends on the team comp. If we have very little tankiness I like to go the tankier spec. I guess I could also just 21-0-9 and grab more tanky items instead. I also REALLY like Wriggle's on him b/c of how hard he destroys the jungle w/ it and his passive.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It mostly depends on the team comp. If we have very little tankiness I like to go the tankier spec. I guess I could also just 21-0-9 and grab more tanky items instead. I also REALLY like Wriggle's on him b/c of how hard he destroys the jungle w/ it and his passive.
If you have very little tankiness I don't know why 0-21-9 wouldn't be superior to 1-19-10. 4% reduction on everything? The point in smite and extra buff duration just not worth it imo.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The extra money from smite comes starts adding up and matters quite a bit when you consider junglers don't have much income, and extra buff duration is never a bad thing (particularly for red and barons). I feel like Lee is plenty tanky with the 19 points in defense without giving up too much utility and maximizing the usage of smite (both in CD and extra money).

0-21-9 could work as well, but you don't get the most out of smite. But I think it would be more viable on Lee than most 0-21-9 junglers b/c of his lack of true buff dependency.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No, b/c that would mean they know how to balance...

They will probably do something stupid like reduce damage on Q's second hit, or shorten ranges, or increase energy costs across the board.

Though I guess reducing Q damage would be the best of those 3 if they wanna keep his passive like it is. Problem with Lee is that it is way too easy to keep energy up for all his skills... constantly.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i have a question

is there like a good CS goal for the 10/20/30 min mark? normally i just tab to compare my cs with whomever im laning with, but i think id rather compare to a good average for the time

id be using akali btw.

john!

Smash Hero
10 per minute is a good goal imo. take the minutes on the timer, subtract 2, multiply by 10, and if you have that many creeps then you're doing great. once laning phase is over, this doesn't apply, though.

also, it's currently possible to build a tear and guardian angel, and use guardian angel's active (a glitch spell from the most recent patch which doesn't do anything) to charge your tear. this is particularly good on singed and ryze

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Are you sure it doesn't?

I thought I'd noticed Baron timing out sooner on my smurfs when I'm playing w/ people that are 30 and have the mastery points in it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
10 per minute is a great goal.

Consider that minions don't hit your lane til 2min mark. If you hit every creep thats 6 per wave (assume cannon minion doesnt exist). A wave spawns once per 30 seconds. So optimal is 12 cs per minute, but thats hard cause you have to back and buy items, and you will miss cs when you harass/ get harassed.

Regarding baron buff duration, it's unaffected by the utility mastery.

jpak

Smash Lord
It is a useful piece of information. For example, let's say they ninja a baron, or you forget to write down your baron time after you take it because there is a fight immediately after. You can wait till you see the opponents' baron buff indcatior, or your own expire, and since baron is a set 7 minute timer you can just add 3 minutes to your current timer, which is when baron will respawn.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Are you sure it doesn't?

I thought I'd noticed Baron timing out sooner on my smurfs when I'm playing w/ people that are 30 and have the mastery points in it.
It definitely isn't affected. If it was everyone on your team wouldn't lose it at once as not everyone runs increased buff time.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
They don't.

100 armor = 50% reduced. Say with 0 armor they'd do 100 damage to you.
At 100 armor, they'd do 50% less. Which is 50. They would have to do twice as much damage to get the same result.
At 200 armor they do 75% less damage. Which means they do 25. They have to do 4x as much damage to get the same result.
And so on.
The % values grow more slowly, but the ratio stays the same. Every 100 armor means they have to work exactly twice as hard to deal damage to you as they did before. Math has us fooled.

Though, that isn't to say that at some point it's still better to have some HP, just because with the % reduced damage, it will give you more effective HP than more armor would.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
What dekar meant was, there's a certain point where buying more armor/mr isn't as useful as each previous purchase. That point is dependant on your character's health and/or the opponent's items.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Streaming, dangr if you can peek at it tell me what you think might be the problem :X
Where's your stream <_<

nvm found it

I really can't tell from the videos how to fix the problem. I need to know what settings you're using and what your computer is capable of.

For starters, try the following.
Put the fps at 30 and up the resolution to the highest below the HD settings.
Then edit your livestream's settings under the broadcast menu and lower the quality some (about 5-8), while lowering your max bitrate about 400 below your upload rate, and raising the buffer size by about 300 above that.

See if that helps.

Play around with those settings and see what works best. Took me about 6 hours to get it perfect and started worse than yours :o

Dekar173

Justice Man
They don't.

100 armor = 50% reduced. Say with 0 armor they'd do 100 damage to you.
At 100 armor, they'd do 50% less. Which is 50. They would have to do twice as much damage to get the same result.
At 200 armor they do 75% less damage. Which means they do 25. They have to do 4x as much damage to get the same result.
And so on.
The % values grow more slowly, but the ratio stays the same. Every 100 armor means they have to work exactly twice as hard to deal damage to you as they did before. Math has us fooled.

Though, that isn't to say that at some point it's still better to have some HP, just because with the % reduced damage, it will give you more effective HP than more armor would.
Wrong.

At 0, you have 0 resist.

At 100, you have 50% (like you said).

At 200, you have 66.6% (you said 75%)

At 300, you have 75% (you were off by 100).

The damage reduction/amplification equation for both armor and magic resist is-

X/(X+100) = damage reduction, where X is your magic resist or armor.

It DOES yield diminishing returns, if it didn't, this game would be a whole lot dumber.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's more that I didnt want to have to use any energy thinking to figure it out myself, so thank you. <3

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
watching the scrims now :3

GGs on the inhouses everyone! lots of fun

Mogwai thanks for the invite !! any other time of the day i would have excitedly accepted

Top Bottom