• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol.. yeah. but this was much better when CC didn't interrupt TP. these days, who doesn't have CC to stop this? wouldn't summoner spell exhaust interrupt TP <_<
I think only displacment abilities (headbutt, fling, exploding cask, etc) and stuns stop summoner teleport. Silences stop some too (grand skyfall), but it's weird, cuz I definitely saw a TF finish gating after Garen decisive striked him last night. *shrugs*

Cia

das kwl
I think only displacment abilities (headbutt, fling, exploding cask, etc) and stuns stop summoner teleport. Silences stop some too (grand skyfall), but it's weird, cuz I definitely saw a TF finish gating after Garen decisive striked him last night. *shrugs*
i've been stopped too many times to remember.. suppression, stun, silence, airborne, snare, etc. That's a lot..

BTW, any idea when this new Evelynn is coming? Also help with my current build. I like it a lot, but it's usually hard to farm for it <_<

Doran's Ring + Potion -or- Boots of Speed + Sight Ward + Potion (if there's a jungler)
Sheen
Boots of Mobiliy
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Lich Bane
Zhonya's Ring
Madred's Bloodrazor's
Rylai's Crystal Scepter

If I get first blood, i'll usually get Mejai's Soulstealer, otherwise. Random Blue and Red elixirs. I also spend a ton on wards to drop in the opposing jungle. In a 30 min game i'll only make it to Lich Bane. Any ideas on how I can improve this?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Speaking of jungling though... I got my runes for Akali! Gonna start jungling with her this week.
I actually just started jungling with her too last week (although free champ weekend was too much of a novel experience to mess around with it the last couple of days). What runes/masteries/path are you running, out of curiousity?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
the only eves I know of jungle and do weird tanking **** like HoG -> Sheen -> Omen/Sunfire/Banshee's/whatever -> Lich Bane or something with Mejai's in there every once in awhile. But I see them so very rarely these days that I don't really feel like I can give you any solid advice on her. I just know that they feel like they immediately become a top priority to the opposing team when they come out of stealth, so they like building tanky so that they can actually soak up damage when they get focused.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Arranged:

move speed quints
flat armor seals
MR glyphs
attack speed marks

Solo queue/normal games:

armor seals
attack speed everything else

1/14/15

and you're winner!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sooo, I came to the sudden realization that Shaco sucks. There's pretty much no reason to have him on your team as opposed to any other "squishy killer" or better jungler.

True story.

That or I'm doing something terribly wrong.

Vyke

Smash Champion
He's fun.

If that counts for anything.

He has a fancy trick of pulling off an extremely quick 15 minute baron with a coordinated team.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Sorry for being AFK to start that 3s game Dekar! My daughter woke up during the loading screen so I ran and got her real fast and then sat down to play with her in my lap. We still stomped them once we got rolling though! We should def play more 3s. None of my other amigos like it but I love donging on kids with Nunu. :D

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
It was actually super awkward, she fell right back asleep so I was playing kinda half-laying down and could barely tough my ability keys. I still went 1-1-6, with my only death being a misclick that took me into the bushes where I KNEW the enemies were... but I was not exactly playing at my best. Still though, you can't sleep on Nunu in 3s.

Really fun in-house matches tonight! First one lasted like 50 minutes and the deciding factor was probably DanGR stealing baron late game. Second game was ARAM and the winning team got mad lucky on the champ selections.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Mad lucky doesn't describe how bad that was. Not only that, but Ceos quit, then Keith quit, then Ceos came back just to watch us die. Was a horrible, horrible match.

After that, DanGr, myself and a few others played against Tom. We had a DC before the match started and was 4v5 the whole game and we almost won; aced them twice with only one on our team dying. But alas, Yi just backdoored at the end. Not a good night of LoL for me even though I was playing really well that last game :(

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What punishment is there for leaving? Is there an extra loss of ELO? Addition to a leaver point system? just curiuos because HoN's anti leaver system(5% or less leaves in a no leaver game) doesn't work.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Depends on the mode...

In ranked, if you leave you get a loss on your record, a leave on your record and an extra ding to your ELO than if you had stayed and lost the game normally. In unranked games, you just get a leave on your record and lose some ELO, although that's transparent in normal matches anyways so most people don't care. Supposedly if you leave enough games they perma-ban you, but I've seen people with over 150 leaves on their record still playing matches, so Riot fails hard at that one.

The other "penalty" for leaving is that you can't do anything else in the client if you leave a match until that match is over. Even if you log off and reconnect, you still only have the option to reconnect or log back off. So that means you can't join a game, leave, join another game, leave, etc. People get around this my having multiple accounts, but it does help, since you aren't likely to have three accounts with a lot of content unlocked on each. Overall, the system isn't perfect, but it does help.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
it needs work pretty badly IMO.

they also need their ****ing terrible player system to improve. I have no idea how some people get to the elos they do with the ****ty play they show. I had back to back games with the same 3 people last night and both games all 3 of them fed twitch and we got ***** sideways. uhg, it's just so infuriating.

I've also decided that I love Zilean and wish I could always play with a good zil. had a 16/0/9 game with Jungle panth to let me go to bed on a good note last night and I played like a handgrenade (rawr, jump in, blow up 2 or 3 people) and every time, I was time warped so they couldn't escape and chronoshifted so that I could just respawn and kill the rest of them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Playing Sona:

Run around with team, buff them, use Ult for Party Time

that's about it frankly lol.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You can basically just roll your face across the keyboard with Sona and be good with her. Start with Q to harass, W to heal, pick up one point in E and then focus RQWE for skill order. Then just spam abilities. You can harass for free because her Q prioritizes champs. You heal yourself and a teammate every few seconds. You can speed boost you both out of trouble or into a fight. Then wait for the enemy team to group up and pop your ult.

Quick note... your ult is not really for initiation. It's to freeze the enemies once the fight has begun. It interrupts all their combos and throws them into chaos. Don't use it to start fights unless you want the people in the back to avoid it all together and the people in the front to get caught before they blow their CC, so they can recover and still win the fight.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
there's no clear rules for Sona's ult... it's just like any high CD AoE stun, use it whenever, it just better **** well make a big impact on the game.

I still think Sona's just another version of Janna, with stronger laning presence and weaker teamfighting presence. Janna just seems better to me because monsoon is so ****ing absurd.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Laning Ashe+Janna is still ridiculous, by the way. I'm almost inclined to say that sending 2 top (assuming double junglers) with Ashe/Janna seems like a really strong play, if only because of the initial burst and shut-out potential they have. Shield -> volley -> crit hits so hard at level 1 it's ridiculous.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
yea, any combination of red pot Ashe, red pot Ezreal, red pot Pantheon, and Janna in 2v1 is ****ing brutal. Even worse though is a strong laner + Pirate. Nothing like getting shut out of the ENTIRE game by Pirate pulling the wave and daring you to pick a 1v2 fight at level 1 to get anywhere near experience range. I actually think this is best as Pirate + Pantheon because Pantheon is such a bully in the first 5 levels and packs great counter harassment too.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
What's worse than laning against an Ashe and a Janna?

Laning against a MF and a Janna.

Ugh.

In other news I'm back above 1300 and I'm not gonna stop climbing now that I've taken my limiter off!

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Sooo, I came to the sudden realization that Shaco sucks. There's pretty much no reason to have him on your team as opposed to any other "squishy killer" or better jungler.

True story.

Wow, my friend's LoL name is DanRG (with those caps) and he plays Shaco too.

If anyone wants to play with a noob, feel free to add me. Only level 6 atm, but I have friends are pretty good.

IGN: LOLStephen

Leacero

Smash Lord
I've also decided that I love Zilean and wish I could always play with a good zil. had a 16/0/9 game with Jungle panth to let me go to bed on a good note last night and I played like a handgrenade (rawr, jump in, blow up 2 or 3 people) and every time, I was time warped so they couldn't escape and chronoshifted so that I could just respawn and kill the rest of them.
Let's do this dawg.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
yea, any combination of red pot Ashe, red pot Ezreal, red pot Pantheon, and Janna in 2v1 is ****ing brutal. Even worse though is a strong laner + Pirate. Nothing like getting shut out of the ENTIRE game by Pirate pulling the wave and daring you to pick a 1v2 fight at level 1 to get anywhere near experience range. I actually think this is best as Pirate + Pantheon because Pantheon is such a bully in the first 5 levels and packs great counter harassment too.
I just watched a game where TreeEskimo went GP solomid against a Twitch and denied him to the point he reached level 8 when Twitch was 5. At the end of the game, Twitch was the second lowest level of everyone in the game. Was brutal.

Also, SP: what do you think of Manamune on GP? TreeEskimo says he loves it and I know your opinion on it (at least until the last patch) was rather dour.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It was the Professor

In the Kitchen

With the Rope!

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
Is Alistar that bad in your minds? I mean he's just a tank like any other "normal" (this meaning singed/ramus and other old school tanks so before shen's release) tank no?
I think Alistar is underrated even if he doesn't diserve a ban at all.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Alistar's main problem IMO is that, while he is among the gods at purely soaking up damage and not dying, he lacks compared to other tanks around him at initiating. Every tank (and even "offtanks) commonly ranked above him all have some kind of initiation that doesn't require physically trying to run in from afar. He definitely has a much harder time dealing with kiting than Mumu, Shen, Rammus, etc and this greatly hurts him.

Now, past that you have dealing with his laning phase. A lot of tanks above him can simple forgo regular laning and jungle (again, mumu shen Ram) and multi task for the team where as Alistar will be sent babysitting whoever in the duo lane. Then you have general utility for the team that he lacks. Shen Global Ult/taunt saves, Mumu AoE ****, Rammus super fast powerball mode/free migitation, etc. Then you have the fact that other tanks can do a surprising amount of damage with little effort. Mumu obv with his AoE Health % drain, Ram with his ult and extra damage taken from taunt, etc. Alistar can disable people and soak up damage like a sponge, but he's also not real threatening damage wise. Something bad like Tank Mundo probably does a LOT more damage than Alistar would be expected to do. Because he doesn't do that much damage, after he blows his combo he's frankly pretty ignorable for the rest of the fight til his CD's come back up. With other tanks, even after Mumu does Bandage to Ult, you STILL have to worry about him running around melting your HP in an AoE. Or after Rammus dives in with powerball and taunt, you still have his ult to worry about. Alistar doesn't have anything like that after his combo, which is a shame.

Alistar is just outshined in a lot of areas for the tank role. His ability to soak up damage probably better than anyone else in the game is definitely overshadowed by his flaws. That's my take on him anyways.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord

True story.

Haha fun game yesterday with KevinM. Pretty hilarious stuff.

Cia

das kwl
What's worse than laning against an Ashe and a Janna?

Laning against a MF and a Janna.

Ugh.

In other news I'm back above 1300 and I'm not gonna stop climbing now that I've taken my limiter off!
I've been playing a ton of Janna lately (prolly my best atm) but i prefer to solo mid with her. Howling Gale clears entire minion waves by level 5 and Monsoon lets me stay in lane much longer than my opponent. Zephyr is also amazing for harassment. In any of the side lanes, i tend to get focused <_<

BTW, I think Soraka mid is pretty underrated. She'll NEVER die making it so that the other team's carry won't be fed. And she can global heal while everyone else is still Lv 3-4. I've gotten tons of Assists from this. And her Z. ring comes quicker so she can burst heal for significantly north of 1000 at a time.

If anyone gets the time, try it and let me know what you think.

Leacero

Smash Lord

I've been playing a ton of Janna lately (prolly my best atm) but i prefer to solo mid with her. Howling Gale clears entire minion waves by level 5 and Monsoon lets me stay in lane much longer than my opponent. Zephyr is also amazing for harassment. In any of the side lanes, i tend to get focused <_<

BTW, I think Soraka mid is pretty underrated. She'll NEVER die making it so that the other team's carry won't be fed. And she can global heal while everyone else is still Lv 3-4. I've gotten tons of Assists from this. And her Z. ring comes quicker so she can burst heal for significantly north of 1000 at a time.

If anyone gets the time, try it and let me know what you think.
What's stopping their mid from pounding your tower to kingdom come?

Top Bottom