• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I had the wierdest glitch happen to me.

I got knocked airborne by Cho Gath Rupture, but instead of being launched a little bit, I got launched waaaaaaaaay offscreen. I'm talkin' outta the stratosphere. I was launched for about 15 seconds before I finally came down, the whole time eating damage from a bunch of super minions until I plop back down to earth, dead.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I did a smurf game once as AP Alistar and I knocked their Ashe up into space and an MF ulted which killed her w/o any chance of escape. Was hilarious.

john!

Smash Hero
i've never been stratosphere'd :(

bloodrazor/malady/wit's end/nashor's tooth/deathcap kog'maw w/ardor mastery sounds ridiculously op, i'd try it but i'm too cheap to buy a character which might still be unviable :(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
@ all the Duo Lane Akali hate -
Its good if you laning with the tank, or someone with hard CC. Then you just need to burst the opponents down. You don't even have to kill them, and then let their minions push as you camp bushes, and then throw out shroud whenever they take two steps from tower.

If I have to lane with another attacking kind of champ, then I'd rather solo top against a Teemo and Ryze then deal with the bad mixture.

Keep 'em squishy, keep 'em scared.

-DD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ive started to play the game less

but i feel really good about Riot in 2011. they've released a lot so far. the tribunal, mastery pages, name changes, the new patcher (which hopefully leads to replays), blink monk :3, (i dont really care about) co-op vs AI, Garena servers in singapore and malaysia, etc....

@DEKAR OMG UR 3 points away from #1??? i cant wait to say congratulations

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
ive started to play the game less

but i feel really good about Riot in 2011. they've released a lot so far. the tribunal, mastery pages, name changes, the new patcher (which hopefully leads to replays), blink monk :3, (i dont really care about) co-op vs AI, Garena servers in singapore and malaysia, etc....

@DEKAR OMG UR 3 points away from #1??? i cant wait to say congratulations
Everyone is leaving me! And Iggy even came back :(

I think it's mostly just the summer thing. Once class starts back up and people have schoolwork to do, they'll be glad to distract themselves with League again.

D

Deleted member

**** i got a leave in a ranked after servers pooped last night

that's like losing an hour and 30 minutes of ranked gametime

but at the same time too lazy/ dunno where to report it to riot

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Anyone know how to fix the "Maestro" error?
;_; I just hit 30 and I want to log in and see this beautiful new patch that has apparently broken my LoL.
-DD

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
I missed you evan. Come back for summer league
Uhh Ap testing kicked my ***. Work didn't help either. And then for awhile it was just me kleeck dast and zolga on vent. chad vanished, fro allways being emo, Juan vanished after his school let out for epic parties. I had nobody to queue with most the time so I got into CoD. Still really want to play league though. Last exam on Wednesday of next week. Might hop on soon after.

:phone:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Havoc mastery now increases total physical and magic damage dealt by 4%, instead of increasing base physical and magic damage dealt by 5%
wow...

What a change

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well Shaco almost can't jungle without 21/0/9, so its def a nice buff to him.
Esp coz I run flat AD on the guy.

It's good for Ezreal.
But it's better for Corki.

Because Corki is stupid.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Something interesting to note: Havoc does not increase the true damage on his passive. If your attack gets bumped from 180 something to the 190 damage range after Havoc, your true damage will still be 18.

I think it does increase Vayne's true damage though. Not sure, don't own her so can't test it. But it's more likely since her's contributes a spell slot instead of an inherent.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
so how is annie now? I'm going to try her out at some point today

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
New Annie is soooo good. Frostfire Annie was also worth the buy. It's pretty much a legendary skin for 920 RP.

So Lux is so fun. I outfarmed/denied an Ashe in mid. Had 70 CS when she had 35. I was always double her for the whole game haha.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
\

heimer is silently still really good at doing what he does (ignoring champions and taking objectives). people currently sleep on him way more than they should.
Is there any way I could get you to elaborate on that? I <3 heimer, but I cant make him work as a character. What is it that I need to be doing, and how?

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
I had the wierdest glitch happen to me.

I got knocked airborne by Cho Gath Rupture, but instead of being launched a little bit, I got launched waaaaaaaaay offscreen. I'm talkin' outta the stratosphere. I was launched for about 15 seconds before I finally came down, the whole time eating damage from a bunch of super minions until I plop back down to earth, dead.
Critical Rupture!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
TBH, I find it hard to see how Heimer fits any role better than ... Malzahar.

If the guy had 3 turrets again, he probably wouldn't be as strong today as he was, considering there's about 9 billion different characters who have facerolling aoe farming as to not have heimer pretty much guarantee his lane's enemy tower within the first 10 minutes.

Also no longer grenade chipping.

IMO if Heimer were to get returned to him the grenades hitting towers OR 3 turrets, he would probably be in a reasonable spot.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
as crazy as Malzahar's sustained deeps are... Heimer's are still crazier as long as you can keep your turrets alive. He also pokes on towers way more reliably with those rockets. Malz is better off tower, Heimer's better on tower (both being sieged and sieging). Heimer is better at killing baron. IMO, the biggest hit to heimer was the zonya's split, he really needs both the insane AP scaling and the lolstatue active.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Itemwise yeah. The other part is that his spells are still in a fairly drastically nerfed spot. Riot baby nerfed him a lot before giving him a full one, but they haven't rebuffed some of those small things he had before. I mean now that he only has 2 turrets and can't chip at towers, what's wrong with giving him back a .7 ratio on Grenade or putting it back to 1000 range like before? Or slightly lower his mana costs/turret CD? Or even buff back the turret ratio to .25 since they took a full one away. I mean there's just quite a few little things they could do to put him in a reasonable place.

... Scrap all of that. Fix his ****ing Turret AI. THAT would make the character at least fun to play instead of "Oh I dropped you in front of their tower and instead of hitting the tower you wanna sit there and derp it up" or "Oh bro you ulted me? Lemme switch from the opponent into random minion #5".

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Grenade chipping should not, and will not, ever be readded into the game. I assume you played when it was around, so I'm going to assume you know why. No one wants that playstyle back. AP ratio buffs? Sure, he could probably use some, but in the grand scheme of things, he's still the best AP pusher out there (and probably best pusher PERIOD, but it's hard to compare to AD).

Top Bottom