• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Add me up in LoL everyone: Level 13
LoL Tag:DarkFiraga
LoL Mains: Tristana
LoL Friendlies: Shaco, Ezreal, Anivia

How would you go about thisTrist CoreBuild? (Not in a particular order)
Berserker's Greaves/Madred's BloodRazors/Frozen Mallet/Infinity Edge/Madred's Razor/
(Adding Bloodthirster if we're on disadvantage and switching to Push and Run Strategy)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I agree.

Also, I want you to record a good game of pantheon so I can see this in action, Mog. :(

Azen had a bad losing streak, sucks.
yea, I PMed him "holy crap, wtf happened to your rating? weren't you 1700 3 days ago?" and he was like, "lulz, yea, bad losing streak, but at least now I can bolster my kda stats and play random sucky characters"

and yea, I need to try out recording on my comp. I've been thinking of starting to stream and/or post FPVods on my Youtubez, especially since I'm the sickest jungle Pantheon of all time.... OF ALL TIME!

_kSo_

Smash Master
yea, I PMed him "holy crap, wtf happened to your rating? weren't you 1700 3 days ago?" and he was like, "lulz, yea, bad losing streak, but at least now I can bolster my kda stats and play random sucky characters"

and yea, I need to try out recording on my comp. I've been thinking of starting to stream and/or post FPVods on my Youtubez, especially since I'm the sickest jungle Pantheon of all time.... OF ALL TIME!
I wouldn't mind watching LoL videos...honestly that's how learned how to play smash and the lack of LoL videos right now is severely hindering my ability to improve at this game haha

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/user/EternalSeki

that's my friend who plays Kassadin's channel. Not a lot of vids on it, but some of them are pretty lulzy, like this one:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TLN-gGAm8Oc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TLN-gGAm8Oc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3yd-YXPA7o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3yd-YXPA7o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
do we have anything to go on other than a description? because they've been floating that description around for awhile and I maintain that Pantheon will be high-top tier on such a map where he can:
a) abuse his strong laning more
b) abuse his ability to teleport across the map more

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Yeah, but Pantheon still sucks late game. Too squishy and too little utility unless he wants to get inside and die. I do think Shen will be S-Tier+ though. An amazing tank, with a healing move and a global TP just can't be ignored on a map that size.

The TP summoner spell will probably get used even more, since it will allow for lots of ganks. Drop a ward someplace out of sight, have teammates TP, then initiate gank, win, push tower, wash, rinse, repeat. Mobility cannot be ignored on a huge map.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sion
Taric
Annie (slightly less but whatever)
Heimer (Same)

Suppression Ults
Alistar
Mumu
Morgana
TF
Veigar
Anivia
There are Fears and Taunts for longer, unless you don't want to count them

If you are talking just on command stuns, then sure not that many around, but there's plenty of CC around besides on command Stuns that are of comparable or greater strength. They aren't that special over the others.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Yeah, but EVERYONE brings Merc Treads to the fight now. Also, late game everyone is armored up so he's doing less damage. I know he's not a terrible champ or anything, but since everyone will probably be laning longer and farming harder, everyone will probably be geared up better... which means Thornmail is an option if Pantheon is having an amazing game.

Meh... its all speculation until we actually play on it. I do agree he's going to be annoying as all getout though. I hope towers are a little stronger on this map so that he and Shen can't BD TP them mid-late game for free. Otherwise you'll have to keep TP up on SOMEONE at all times or else you are boned. Push one side, they BD the other. No TP? OH WELL! 6 sec recall + however long it takes to use the platform/run out there. Tower is gone. :(

edit: Ninja'd by DMG's post. This was @Mogwai

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I'm well aware that there are lots of others, I'm just saying that people frequently point to a lack of utility late game as a big pantheon problem, whereas I think utility is not the issue so much as raw damage output.

EDIT: thornmail doesn't do much vs. Pantheon. yes it's a lot of armor, but he's still dishing a very large portion of his damage out with spear shot, which does not trigger thornmail's passive. and merc treads aren't specific to pantheon, they affect all CC. It still helps having another 2 second point and click stun on your team.

If games do tend to play out longer, Pantheons will just learn to carry revive + ghost and they'll be fine.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
the big problem is that there tends to be pretty large skill gaps between players who know each other through out-of-game means. Which tends to lead to players feeling bad for feeding against way better opposition, even though that's pretty much expected.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Man my Sion is bad lol. Now I know why I stopped playing him

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You didn't do that bad, lol. Fortunately you had my Galio to carry. I took that Master Yi's face so hard. EQ, W myself, autoattack 1,2, Q, R - dead. 10-3-20 + my natural Galio farm meant I was so sick by the end of the game. Abyssal Scepter, Spirit Visage, Merc Treads, Aegis, BV, GA.

Turazrok

Smash Master
My comp broke...

FYI

Why you haven't been hearing of udyr pentakills lately.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
the big problem is that there tends to be pretty large skill gaps between players who know each other through out-of-game means. Which tends to lead to players feeling bad for feeding against way better opposition, even though that's pretty much expected.
The point of in-house is to help people get better and encouraging more play overall within the community.

If we want to take a poll/opinion of one guy/whatever of who the best players and then have them hammer it out, that's okay too. Hopefully then we livestream it and show it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That last game was too long. I blame Heimerdinger for dragging it out

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Vent is the usual spot.

GGs today M3D, Iggy, Tom and DMG.

Also Leacero

sucks internet screwed us over both times.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
If I hadn't lost connection roughly a dozen times, that would have been a super easy win.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I wanted to buy other things but Kevin kept screaming at me to buy more Sunfire Cloaks. I had three and no more room in my inventory. :/

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Interesting stretch of the truth there.

You had a sunfire cape and a heart of gold and I recommended to get another sunfire cape.

Your choice was to build a third one. Without any input from myself.

Once again I 2 shotted Ezreal so in my mind I won that game and the other 9 of you lost.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Lies... you said I needed three.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You do need three.

KevinM why would you ever get a second Infinty Edge?
Because it was hilarious, and at first the game seemed rather out of reach so i wanted to hit for roughly infinite damage for the end of it.

It was only after we started acing their team that we had a shot and by then it was a little to late since Shaco just BDoored for the win since we couldn't d it and push

L__

Smash Master
Olaf is also really fun

I can't seem to pick a main, though I guess it's also useful to be able to fill the roles as needed... I'm also not sure which is my best character

Top Bottom