• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Interesting. I must be in the minority since I dislike face cam. I want to see the game. Not them. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yeah but not nerf worthy

someone should fire rioto balance team
Tons of free sustain is lane is simply broken and you should be able to admit that. The same problem AP Yi had, except Yi has the potential to run out of mana (I mean, in theory)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Cho and even Alistar were considered "bad" for a really long time. Cho had a lot of QoL things (the BIG ONE being how much stacks he lost on his ult for dying), his Q used to be so awful, I remember that at least. They both started gaining prominence due to the roaming meta, Cho got jump started due to Hotshot getting to no.1 in solo queue with him after some nidalee nerf or something. But yeah, ROAMING META they were super stronk. Things really changed for Cho when the sustain on everyone got nerfed (he fell out of love because roaming meta went away and his mana for last hitting was cut by a lot IIRC), and even his own sustain got cut and he drifted out a bit until wiggles stopped healing, and every major healing top got nerfed to the bazongers (Irelia, Udyr being the main culprits).

There was a lot more variety in characters you used to see in top lane/solos, and over time (not even over time, it was more like suddenly variety next day OMG U NEWB GG AFK BECAUSE YOU WANT TO GO EZREAL MID) and Cho's match ups against the commons were looking a lot better for him than all the ranged ADs with blinks/escapes who would outscale his healing by 1000 gold into the game.

Player-3

Smash Hero
ya

anyone who doesn't think ap tryn needed a nerf for completely anti-fun purposes is dumb and should feel dumb

6 second 1.5 ratio completely free heal very fun

Player-3

Smash Hero
ya

anyone who doesn't think ap tryn needed a nerf for completely anti-fun purposes is dumb and should feel dumb

6 second 1.5 ratio completely free heal very fun

john!

Smash Hero
hey wes if you want i can tell you which heroes will be FOTM within the next few months or so. i have a great track record with these things. morello will think you're a genius and promote you to game design lead. you'll get three raises and nikasaur and princess aura will want your d. lmk

Player-3

Smash Hero
ad sion is obviously going to be next FOTM because the guy that streamed ap tryndamere is now streaming ad sion because ap tryn got anally penetrated

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm curious, what is the logic behind true damage being the only damage source that you can't reduce through some means (Exhaust, Sona's W Power Chord, etc)? Why should the only solution be buy more health? I mean, not that this is an issue (Warmogs is OP), I'm just curious if anyone knows.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's a form of power certain characters can have so they have damage you can't stop via resistances. It there as a strength for characters or skills to have.

Now if those characters have issues balance wise with that, that is a different story.

You can interact with true damage, though Darius is the worst example for this since his way of doing it is kinda toxic with what he does. Even if he isn't broken op etc.

D

Deleted member

Welp they already are buffing trunk again. With full rage you get the 1.5 ratio and with no rage you get 0.3

Vyke

Smash Champion
I thought that was how the change was meant to be? The whole reason they changed it was so you actually had to spend a good amount of rage to get a good heal in the first place.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It's a form of power certain characters can have so they have damage you can't stop via resistances. It there as a strength for characters or skills to have.

Now if those characters have issues balance wise with that, that is a different story.

You can interact with true damage, though Darius is the worst example for this since his way of doing it is kinda toxic with what he does. Even if he isn't broken op etc.
Does one interact with true damage other than with health? Is that significant?

D

Deleted member

I thought that was how the change was meant to be? The whole reason they changed it was so you actually had to spend a good amount of rage to get a good heal in the first place.
the initial nerf was so you got 0.2 with no fury and 1.2 with full fury. they have raised it up to 0.3/1.5 now.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Well, whatever. I'm pretty sure that everyone knows by now that nothing is final on PBE patch notes until it actually gets to live. :0

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Did he say that in game..??!

I need to get my computer set back up and play league with Kev. I'm missing out.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Does one interact with true damage other than with health? Is that significant?
Darius is the worst example...you can only interact with his by not getting more stacks on you and thats really hard for melee characters.

Irelia on the other hand you can interact with health and lowering her AS via Exhaust and itemization.

Ahri's on her Q you can beat by not being in a line with her when her Q is on the return trip.

Corki building Armor reduces his true damage I believe since it does 10% of the damage he is dealing when reduced via armor.

So you can interact with it in any example where Darius isn't involved.

Top Bottom