• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I dunno why rumble isn't played more, he seems really strong and safe.

First Champ: Galio
Favorite Champ: Miss Fortune/LeBlanc
Best Skin: Cowgirl Miss Fortune or
Favorite Ultimate: Lux's (love/hate relationship)
Champion I Rarely See: Karma/Viktor
Favorite Quote: MF's laugh
Worst Skin: Commander Lux
Favorite Item: Ionic Spark
Wait... J you play this game?

What's your summoner name?

D

Deleted member

Did they nerf Rumble's Spitfire after they fixed it's bug? Can't remember. Otherwise now that you mention it, Rumble top I have not seen in ages.

Sax aside-- that was Tiny Kong
yes. it was kinda silly how he was a pick or ban during the period he got fixed but not nerfed

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm fine without range indicators. I was just curious because I knew that Rumble's ult took two clicks, and haven't played a champion with smartcast that had a move like that. :applejack:

What's The Point

Smash Master
When you hold it you can move the line around, but you can't change the origin of the line. You can cancel it by right clicking. Just turn off smartcast while using Rumble/Viktor.

bassem6

Smash Lord
he's very good but he just doesn't feel rewarding to play
I think landing a perfect rumble ulti feels really rewarding as well as melting a frontline with your flamespitter. Rumble began seeing less play when they nerfed WOTA because he was really popular in double AP comps where both lanes would get it. He saw even less play after that because they "fixed" his flamespitter and then adjusted the damage on it which resulted in it doing noticeably less early game.

Also he has counters top lane unlike some of the other ******** tops like darius,cho,yorick, jayce etc so you have to see who your opponent picks for top before you pick him.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
your avatar and title are #1. you get cool points
Haha thanks. VLR is such a great game.

lol when i see that gif, I think of the game donkey kong 64.

remember Lanky Kong when he plays the sax?
That was Tiny Kong with the sax. Lanky had the trombone.

Wait... J you play this game?

What's your summoner name?
Yeah, I've been playing for a month or so now. CryoCrescendo is my summoner name.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I think landing a perfect rumble ulti feels really rewarding as well as melting a frontline with your flamespitter. Rumble began seeing less play when they nerfed WOTA because he was really popular in double AP comps where both lanes would get it. He saw even less play after that because they "fixed" his flamespitter and then adjusted the damage on it which resulted in it doing noticeably less early game.

Also he has counters top lane unlike some of the other ******** tops like darius,cho,yorick, jayce etc so you have to see who your opponent picks for top before you pick him.
i wasn't speaking so much about how he functions in the meta, just on a personal level. I agree though.

also I'm pumped to see what they do with a legendary nocturne skin.. lot's of potential with his abilities and such. Riot has been so on point with the skins lately.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I was gonna say what you said, Coney, but I'm only Silver still, haha.

We can farm, sure, but it's not like we can kill the man easily.

That matchup requires jungler involvement to get anything done.

Coney

Smash Master
don't feel too bad, i'm only 1600 now and sucking more and more each day!

here's the problem i see

both start boots 4pots, standard stuff

jayce can't poke darius out of lane without A) pushing minions or B) eventually getting pulled and severely damaged. used to be you could just go HAM and E that man away but it does .5% dmg now so who cares

jayce typically builds blade blade brut BT? at least that's what i do, maybe i'm wrong. this takes farm

darius builds, like...ninja tabi into hog into chainvest? and u will not hurt that man and he will still go HAM sandwich on u. people say u can just knock him away, but that's ignoring the W, 1/2 AA's and the fadeaway Q he will put on u before u can do so

i'd still pick jayce into darius just for utility but it's certainly not a counter. well-played kayle, however, is serously terrible for that man

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Getting a deathcap on rumble and just melting the whole team with q and ult is even more satisfying than ulting your carry with zilean at the right time :p

I feel like rumble loses to the popular tops right now though.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Played Rumble for the first time. I did pretty good against Riven. Even got me a triple kill twice. His ult is pretty easy to manage even with smartcast.

But we had a mid lane Amumu who couldn't carry his weight and ended up feeding a Karth. It was rough. :applejack:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rumble has a few things to deal with. Early on, pre 6/5ish he's pretty weak. His sustain with revolver will be weaker than the common wriggles sustain because Fire will count as AoE and Harpoon CD is too long to effectively get the whole wave. Damage wise he is completely fine and even outdamages quite a few tops at level 6 if you assume ult land for more than a tick or two lol.

Laning wise you have to play him much more patient and precisely than people want. Fire pushing the wave is usually bad, but to trade fairly with people you will have to fire if they leap in or fighting happens at all. Gotta manage your heat, still gotta last hit and if it's not with harpoon or fire you gotta calculate how well they can fight you if you go in melee range to last hit, it's just a lot to think about. Can't simply press Q and win lanes anymore lol.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Elise in lane is op.

Post more and tell people what's up.

Also Coney and all of the Jayce players, have you thought about going Jayce mid? He at least used to seem op against a lot of fotm mid picks before the nerfs. That way you can freely harass as well and not care about pushing lane since it's so small. Just like mid lee, just make sure you have an AP top or jungler that can at least do some magic damage.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Darius defiantly has counters.

Kayle and Jayce say hi.

I think jayce vs darius is too jungle dependent to call it a counterpick. Kayle may have the advantage on darius but Ive never played the matchup in an actual summoner rift match so I wouldnt know.

Darius has counterpicks top lane lol

Edit: Ninjad

Vladimir says hi.
o_O

From my experience, Darius ****s on vladimir

Top Bottom