• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If Malzahar uses QSS while ulting someone, can he cast spells while continuing to ult?
Someone appeared to have done this in a game I just played. It was really, really cool O.o
this sounds absolutely ingenious and hysterical. Means you can R > W > Q > E or something like that

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Back in the day malzahar's ultimate could be cancelled and it would still stun them for 2.5 seconds but not do any damage... I wish they still let him do that...

If him buying QSS himself allows him to do that though, holy flying ****.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i love Lulu but I do end up in the support role mainly.. and I've just been using standard support masteries and runes with her and I was never having success... so I was I thinking.. I'll play her as 0cs AP carry (lol i know right) with 21/0/9 masteries and AP quints and mpen red, building sorc shoes and triple gp5 (as i want the AP now), laning against a Vayne/Taric I just start zoning with E > Q and my Varus catches on and starts harassing with me and we win the lane 2/0/0 and with a 50 CS difference and the enemy jungler attempted to gank us twice but failed each time as I kept my carry and me alive both times. (AP really makes her shield good) So she's a kill lane and provides so much utility to team fights better.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wow, TSM winning their open pub stomp style.
Never really play Ahri, but kinda want to give her some play now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You used to be able to skip Teleport's channel time with Cleanse before it was fixed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it worked some time in the past.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is Cleanse considered viable at top ELO? Or is every summoner spell ultra important and how DARE you use a slot on Cleanse?
Same with CV, I think it's the best spell in the game but I have no idea if the pros use it.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I think cleanse can be really good, but especially on say Vayne who has a stealth tumble away from trouble and into a better position.
Picking it definitely depends on enemy champs, though. Don't fool yourself.

For other carries without such strong escape, I really can't decide what's better in similar situations: Flash/Heal, Flash/Cleanse, or Heal/Cleanse. (Funny because I don't play Vayne).

Edit: I usually just buy a sash. Or if that really really doesn't work I switch the sash out for a GA endgame.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
darius is lane dominant BUT he can extremely easily be outplayed

my one tip: stand the **** in the middle of the creeps so he spin attacks all of them and then lane pushes
Yeah he's asking to get ganked because of stuff like this and not having an reliable escape if the jungler comes. A lot of his advantage can be toned down with the threat of a jungler because he has nothing to try and get away with besides flash.

Is Cleanse considered viable at top ELO? Or is every summoner spell ultra important and how DARE you use a slot on Cleanse?
Same with CV, I think it's the best spell in the game but I have no idea if the pros use it.
Cleanse probably is, but it's not seen as much because the other spells are easier to use. ANYONE can use Flash that **** is no brainer lol. Heal and Exhaust are also pretty universal: even if it's not optimal for the role or character you are playing, you could fit one of those on and not look silly. Ignite is basically an extra nuke, so ofc casters are gonna use that. Cleanse is a lot more situational than those, and people can fill the role of Cleanse with QSS. That's a big reason, now that QSS went from "lol who gets this" to buffed very viable item. If you need cleanse, 99% of the time you'll just see a QSS in someone's build. Cause now you can open that up to use Exhaust or Heal or X summoner that you can't really find a comparison to in an item (don't say healing reduc for executioners, that's pretty minor)

If you had an Exhaust Item or a Heal item or something like that, or if you could cleanse suppression, you might see it more.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think cleanse can be really good, but especially on say Vayne who has a stealth tumble away from trouble and into a better position.
Picking it definitely depends on enemy champs, though. Don't fool yourself.

For other carries without such strong escape, I really can't decide what's better in similar situations: Flash/Heal, Flash/Cleanse, or Heal/Cleanse. (Funny because I don't play Vayne).

Edit: I usually just buy a sash. Or if that really really doesn't work I switch the sash out for a GA endgame.
Oh definitely. Like recently I was playing Malz mid and their team had Morgana, Varus, and some other CC so I went cleanse and it helped a lot. I wouldn't take it against a team with only like one stun or something.

Cleanse probably is, but it's not seen as much because the other spells are easier to use. ANYONE can use Flash that **** is no brainer lol. Heal and Exhaust are also pretty universal: even if it's not optimal for the role or character you are playing, you could fit one of those on and not look silly. Ignite is basically an extra nuke, so ofc casters are gonna use that. Cleanse is a lot more situational than those, and people can fill the role of Cleanse with QSS. That's a big reason, now that QSS went from "lol who gets this" to buffed very viable item. If you need cleanse, 99% of the time you'll just see a QSS in someone's build. Cause now you can open that up to use Exhaust or Heal or X summoner that you can't really find a comparison to in an item (don't say healing reduc for executioners, that's pretty minor)

If you had an Exhaust Item or a Heal item or something like that, or if you could cleanse suppression, you might see it more.
That would be interesting to have on those other items. One other thing I like about Cleanse is that it helps me survive Ignites from people that depend on it, so that's always nice. I haven't used it a lot, and I definitely agree it's harder to use than other spells.

What about CV though? I very rarely see a support (that isn't me) take it, and afaik I haven't seen it used in high elo streams... I realize it was nerfed, but it still seems like it's extremely useful? Am I going to see less and less of it as I climb the ladder (implying I can climb the ladder)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Oh definitely. Like recently I was playing Malz mid and their team had Morgana, Varus, and some other CC so I went cleanse and it helped a lot. I wouldn't take it against a team with only like one stun or something.
Hm. I was thinking just AD carries. It seems like everyone else has something else to do. I can't imagine playing AP carry without ignite/flash. But maybe that's just me stuck in a routine that I never think about anymore.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
defensive building supports will outperform AP building supports by 300x once you stop playing w/ n00bs
I think it matters more about the lane imo (like how easy is it to harass your enemy), but i'm just saying defensive Lulu sucks.. from my experience. I'm not building AP either.. i'm building pure support, i just have AP quints and mpen instead of gold quints and armor reds to harass with more damage (starting fairy charm + 2 wards + 4 pots).. still go two or three gp5 then build shurella or aegis first.

@Asdioh CV is a good skill, but its like a 5 second noticeable by the other team ward. People kinda like the laning skills better (exhaust or heal) as it helps them win lane.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
What about CV though? I very rarely see a support (that isn't me) take it, and afaik I haven't seen it used in high elo streams... I realize it was nerfed, but it still seems like it's extremely useful? Am I going to see less and less of it as I climb the ladder (implying I can climb the ladder)
Wards last longer + people have gathered it's more important to either have a "protect/heal carry" spell or a "help carry kill crap" spell.
I think it matters more about the lane imo (like how easy is it to harass your enemy), but i'm just saying defensive Lulu sucks.. from my experience. I'm not building AP either.. i'm building pure support, i just have AP quints and mpen instead of gold quints and armor reds to harass with more damage (starting fairy charm + 2 wards + 4 pots).. still go two or three gp5 then build shurella or aegis first.
On a support that has AP ratios on a shield or a heal or whatever, I think I'd rather have the AP than the magpen.
Say on Leona, whose ratios are not very high anyway and don't go into any heal or shield-- if you can't figure out like what reds to give her, I think magpen is more acceptable.

Though I'd like to hear more from better players. I've answered a few questions in a row and I know I'm not by any means the most qualified.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
On a support that has AP ratios on a shield or a heal or whatever, I think I'd rather have the AP than the magpen.
Say on Leona, whose ratios are not very high anyway and don't go into any heal or shield-- if you can't figure out like what reds to give her, I think magpen is more acceptable.

Though I'd like to hear more from better players. I've answered a few questions in a row and I know I'm not by any means the most qualified.
I'm strictly talking about Lulu support. I feel like AP quints do so much for her.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That would be interesting to have on those other items. One other thing I like about Cleanse is that it helps me survive Ignites from people that depend on it, so that's always nice. I haven't used it a lot, and I definitely agree it's harder to use than other spells.

QSS removes ignite and also gets you out of suppression, and Cleanse doesn't get you out of suppress. The only real downside is that you're forced to get MR for it, but since most CC is Magic and you tend to get nuked after that, it's not as much of a drawback.

CV is still good but with carries going heal/exhaust and flash, you usually have the support taking up the other one. Not having Flash is pretty out of the question, so yeah CV just has competition. CV got nerfed and those got buffed.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Armor marks are always good on tanky supports
Who don't you use armor reds on for support? I've done a little experimenting, but I find myself going armor reds and yellows on every support almost every game.
CV is still good but with carries going heal/exhaust and flash, you usually have the support taking up the other one. Not having Flash is pretty out of the question, so yeah CV just has competition. CV got nerfed and those got buffed.
I think some supports can get away with not having flash, I just find myself having bad positioning too often not to take. I think better support players than me would be fine without it. (obviously not as taric, alistar, etc)

EDIT:
I think I'm going to join the blitzcrank bandwagon. I just played really poorly as blitz, but his strong kit carried me. Low elo doesn't hurt either. Poor sona was 0/5.

Coney

Smash Master
anyone know of any good programs for keeping jungle timers? want to make good use of this keyboard with tons of ****ing macro buttons i never use

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I must be doing something terribly, terribly wrong, because Pantheon seems really squishy whenever I play him.
same. I just don't get it.

Switched out my Ryze page from mana per level blues/yellows to Health Per Level yellows and Flat Mag Resist Blues.

is the build still techincally the same? and is RoA now viable on him or what?

Coney

Smash Master
Damn... Zak gonna beat me to play :( I have lost 50 points to decay, or I would totally be there already, lol.
well it only took you like 50 games to get there and i'm currently at 315, so it'll prob take me to 350 lmfao

can't wait until next season tho, when i get that elo boost and hopefully hit plat in like 20 games

same. I just don't get it.

Switched out my Ryze page from mana per level blues/yellows to Health Per Level yellows and Flat Mag Resist Blues.

is the build still techincally the same? and is RoA now viable on him or what?
i still build him exactly the same tbh but i think the general idea nowadays is to rush catalyst and depending on lane, you get either BV or RoA (BV if you're getting beat up and have to forgo rod, RoA if you're ****** and can afford it)

the real question is whether or not to rush tear or catalyst first, i've heard arguments for both, i'm not really a numbers guy or i'd look at it, i still build tear cause i'm OLD SCHOOOOOOOOL

i actually just found stacktimer, labeled my hotkeys and called it a day...that stuff looks hella complicated

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
^He's still pretty underappreciated. I think he needs a base MS buff though, he's ridiculously slow.

But yeah, all his spells outrange Darius hook, and even if he does get hooked, W is free escapes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah he's asking to get ganked because of stuff like this and not having an reliable escape if the jungler comes. A lot of his advantage can be toned down with the threat of a jungler because he has nothing to try and get away with besides flash.
This kinda sorta works with Rumble and his flamethrower too.
Somewhat only because he has better escapes. :applejack:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Who don't you use armor reds on for support? I've done a little experimenting, but I find myself going armor reds and yellows on every support almost every game.
MPen Lulu if I plan on building lots of mana regen (if I plan on buying Mana Manipulator), MPen Soraka if I get bored and want to spam my silence.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Guys, what's the fastest build for a backdoor Yi?
I find the transition from Jungler to turret breaker to be the most efficient in my experiences, and I'm pretty damn sure I'm not building him right for those means. :applejack:

Coney

Smash Master
Use it to macro mia calls lol.

Jungle timer is ez
usually yeah but i hate it when no one takes down drag timer and don't know when to call top down for presence

plus i can set reminders for their buffs 30 secs before to get lanes in position

way better than macro'ing for something no one should really need anyway imo

Top Bottom