• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Secondarys For Meta Knight Mains

TKD

Smash Lord
Marth and Pit. They go even against Snake, Falco, Diddy Kong and Fox which are MK's toughest match-ups to my knowledge. Pit actually beats Fox too.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Why would you exchange an advantaged matchup for an even one? Marth beats Snake though IMO...maybe just me, I don't consider Snake in the same category vs MK as Diddy or Falco either...

Pit might be better because I think he does better on MK's worst stages...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Since MK has no projectile, you 2'nd should have a good projectile + Camping Game.

Seems like someone should Lock this thread, lmao.

RATED

Smash Lord
lol srsly u all main MK , just learn the Matchups and u are set. even though for the lulz u all should 2nd snake ... HE's too good.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
ive found dedede be a great secondary to mk mains, my mk has troubles with robs dks and snakes, all of which dedede can chaingrab and easily gimp. well maybe you cant gimp rob that well :) but imo he's the best secondary for mk
I don't really think there is any specific good secondary. I believe its whoever else you are comfortable with. For me its Luigi. I mained him in Melee for obvious reasons (wave dash). However I main Meta Knight because he has always been my favorite Kirby character. Not to mention he is extremely powerful. So now Luigi is my secondary,

Jo0

Smash Cadet
shiek i went from her to MK and i see the major similarities
- SH fair/bair approaches
- ftilt is a main part of the playstyle
- dtilt use is the same
- play smart with neutral b

lol im just half assing this list but im sure you get my drift

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
This threads kind of funny.

You should ask Sagat mains in SF IV and Fox mains in Melee who their secondaries are too.

You use the best character in the game, why do you need a secondary? You have no bad match ups.

Jem.

Smash Master
This threads kind of funny.

You should ask Sagat mains in SF IV and Fox mains in Melee who their secondaries are too.

You use the best character in the game, why do you need a secondary? You have no bad match ups.
It's been awhile since Fox has won a national melee tournament..

To stay on topic: still going to say falco.

Urlon

Smash Rookie
I use marth for some reason just fun and easy for me to use.
I heard that. Marth and the Toon man are my secondaries. They're fun to play with and excellent characters as well. Althouh, obviously there isn't any character that they could ever call "the new Meta Knight".

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This thread is the only thread that has ever made me literally do a god **** double take while scrolling down the forums at maximum speed with a mouse wheel. I wasn't even loooookinngg at the topic titles and I still had to stop and scroll back up to read the title and seriously just go...

"wat"

Kudos for being my first, OP.

napZzz

Smash Hero
if you main mk you dont need a secondary unless its for a personal matchup problem you're having, which you shouldn't.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I love how random people are coming into this thread and basically saying:

"You don't need a secondary you morons. If you do, you're horrible at Brawl."

No offense, but its true.

SpaghettiWeegee

Smash Apprentice
When I played as Meta Knight (before switching to Link for some reason : P), my secondary character was Pit. I don't really know why, I just liked to play as Pit. To me, he felt very similar to MK, only with projectiles (something that MK lacks). He's still my secondary character, even after moving away from MK.

So to all those MK noobs out there, give Pit a shot. You may be pleasantly surprized.

And remember, it's not spamming, it's tactical repetition:chuckle:.

Oh, and:

I love how random people are coming into this thread and basically saying:

"You don't need a secondary you morons. If you do, you're horrible at Brawl."

No offense, but its true.
The way I see it, using a secondary doesn't have anything to do with dealing with matchups. It's just a way to take a break from using the same character.

Anyway, that's all I gots ter say.

etecoon

Smash Hero
the best secondary for meta knight is another color of meta knight

I main green and secondary black!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Marth. He is the only character that has a better match up ratio.

*I've never posted in this thread until now. WEEE*

Top Bottom