• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God-techs

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
You know there's your technical stuff, then just things even AR mode would question if it could speak. Okay, like TRUE platform cancel? (I don't mean edge) the one where you aerial at the exact width of the platform itself, and the platform brings you to neutral position instantly.

No matter how many times you try and get it, it seems like the actual positioning of the game is measured in atoms.. makes frame perfect time seem almost easy.

Or how about shine ledge cancels, I get it about 1/40-50 tries. It's when you run to the edge and shine, then just slip off the stage and start falling. You don't do a chilling dash or short hop after, simply a little glimmer of shine comes out and you start sinking right after. You barely notice the shine itself.

This is along the lines as trying to land consecutive ghost hits, I want to see melee bring this to the tube by 2010. No johns guys.

L__

Smash Master
Or how about shine ledge cancels, I get it about 1/40-50 tries. It's when you run to the edge and shine, then just slip off the stage and start falling. You don't do a chilling dash or short hop after, simply a little glimmer of shine comes out and you start sinking right after. You barely notice the shine itself.

This is along the lines as trying to land consecutive ghost hits, I want to see melee bring this to the tube by 2010. No johns guys.
I can do this... 3/10 times

PB&J

Smash Hero
i can shine hog pretty good now..but i think the best person doing cool stuff with it is lambchops' brother

we call it the shine from the future..vid coming soon

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
man. if only kjab were actually good. :psycho:

I could spend hours watching his vids though. There are a bunch of semi-useful techniques on his channel.

Tero.

Smash Champion
man. if only kjab were actually good. :psycho:

I could spend hours watching his vids though. There are a bunch of semi-useful techniques on his channel.
You'll be suprised how good he actually is.
He's not just the Silent Wolf of Europe =)

He might go to Pound 4 tho, so we'll see.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I once did the platform cancel, I wasn't trying but I was like WTF how did I do that without knowing it. But really you could master of if this and use it in battle it's just no one has ever tryed like phann or someone like that can SWD on a whim when ever he wants to or needs to by reflexs.

But smash is insanely fast press like 5 buttons in a 1/10 of a sec. in order with the right timing and you just dis a wavesmash

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I once did the platform cancel, I wasn't trying but I was like WTF how did I do that without knowing it. But really you could master of if this and use it in battle it's just no one has ever tryed like phann or someone like that can SWD on a whim when ever he wants to or needs to by reflexs.

But smash is insanely fast press like 5 buttons in a 1/10 of a sec. in order with the right timing and you just dis a wavesmash
You hurt my brain.

j3ly

Smash Champion
speakin of god techs... i dont really think i should be even thinking about believing this but what the hell..

i heard that if you can Jc shines repeatedly in the air it can be used as as a recovery for falco.. believable because i know that jc shines on the ground make you move like a pixel to the direction your facing, unbelievable because ive NEVER seen anyone even think about doing it in a match.. so yo?

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
speakin of god techs... i dont really think i should be even thinking about believing this but what the hell..

i heard that if you can Jc shines repeatedly in the air it can be used as as a recovery for falco.. believable because i know that jc shines on the ground make you move like a pixel to the direction your facing, unbelievable because ive NEVER seen anyone even think about doing it in a match.. so yo?
lol. do you understand the mechanics of the jc shine? you shine, double jump, then cancel the jump with another shine. the moment you leave the ground this **** stops working, unless you hold the shine down long enough to settle back on the ground again.
bottom line is that's impossible

j3ly

Smash Champion
aaaahh i see cause on the ground the shine cancels the jump and ur jumps are restored >.<

o well!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

Lol how many second jumps do you have?
hahahahahahaha
This exact scenario ran in my head after J3ly posted.

I love the Fox boards. lol

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i've run at the edge before, hit a falcon with a shine, turned, and had it cancel, and baired. It's already been done, though i haven't recorded it.

Also let's get our terminology straight, edge canceling is canceling the lag from an aerial by hitting the teeter animation/sliding off the edge. Platform canceling is starting to fall through the platform and hitting someone with an aerial, causing you to land on the platform. I believe what you mentioned in the OP was when as you're rising you do an aerial and instead of moving up through a platform and land on it, and i'm not sure what the unique term for this is. Both of these forms of platform canceling DO have lag, and require you to l-cancel, so I'm not sure what you meant by instantly being in the neutral position.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
i've run at the edge before, hit a falcon with a shine, turned, and had it cancel, and baired. It's already been done, though i haven't recorded it.

Also let's get our terminology straight, edge canceling is canceling the lag from an aerial by hitting the teeter animation/sliding off the edge. Platform canceling is starting to fall through the platform and hitting someone with an aerial, causing you to land on the platform. I believe what you mentioned in the OP was when as you're rising you do an aerial and instead of moving up through a platform and land on it, and i'm not sure what the unique term for this is. Both of these forms of platform canceling DO have lag, and require you to l-cancel, so I'm not sure what you meant by instantly being in the neutral position.
Pretty sure he means this:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241875
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUe49pwudg&feature=channel_page

No lag, no L canceling required.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Yeah, thanks for posting that.

It's like on FoD lowest platform, when you hop with fox and hes jump immediately turns into standing position.

Well really though, it's just one example of how depth 100% spacing is. Some are pretty much considered impossible (like the consistent ghost hitting) but then again, that's what people said for frame perfect. :p

L__

Smash Master
It's like on FoD lowest platform, when you hop with fox and hes jump immediately turns into standing position.
I forgot why,

but I remember it being called PC Hopping...or PC Jumping

It's basically, if you land at the highest point of your jump it cancels the landing animation

Go to Yoshi's as Falcon and jump backwards onto the highest platform

Same with Falco and Battlefield's top platform

Just thought I'd share

edit:

Crap, look at the post below mine

ZoSo

Smash Champion
No-impact landing is something completely different.

I don't think we ever settled on discrete names for all these different techniques... probably cause nobody ever really uses them. Except Thomas Tipman.

L__

Smash Master
Oh, my bad. I wasn't ever really too sure with that so thanks for clarifying

and who's Thomas Tipman?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
The best Ganon in the world.

And yeah, it's easy to mix these things up.

Lovage

Smash Hero
it's easier with some moves than other moves
it also gets easier if the platform is moving, and other random stuff

falco's bair is one of the easiest to platform cancel and it's also pretty useful
if you know when you're going to platform cancel (based on how fast you dropped down and attacked) make sure you L cancel it before you hit the platform so you can do more right after for weird and cool shield pressure

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I only ever do it on accident.

But somehow I always L-cancel it.

Top Bottom