• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God **** It! (pardon the pun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
Read the OP, and you'll find out that I'm not imposing my beliefs on anyone:chuckle:
I did. I decided not to echo everyone else, and instead say that you are [/were planning on?] doing what your parents did to you.

If you wanna be "the better man," you would just go there and do what you need to do. Just deal with it for the time being.

And also, please stay away from religious debates.
You are a perfect example of why I do.

Besides this isn't a religious debate. Unless you want it to be?

Also... you're 14... : /

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Also, for everyone going "OMG TELL UR MOM LOL U HAZ 2 B TRU 2 URSELF OLOLOL"

This is real life. This is not Disneyworld. This is not LaLa Land. This is not Fantasia. Some things are better left unsaid. Maybe the more wise approach, something most silly kids don't realise, is to just do whatever the hell your parents want of you as long as it isn't illegal, and then do the whole independence thing when you're free of the household. While you're still reliant on your parents, and they're still legally your guardians, you should just play they game they want you to play.

Also 3mmanuel, just preach the doctrines anyway, you'll learn to find it amusing. If a kid points out a contradiction just go, "Ah! Excellently observed! One of the many mysteries of religion you see!"

Yeah, I've totally gone there.

You've been there before? Wow...it must have sucked, right (it sucks for me, and still does because i'm still there lol)?

I guess im not alone:)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You've been there before? Wow...it must have sucked, right (it sucks for me, and still does because i'm still there lol)?

I guess im not alone:)
Nah it wasn't quite what you're describing.
It was teaching in Sunday School.

Get taught in Sunday School by a homo. Well, I guess that made me hit the standard of your average priest tbh.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Nah it wasn't quite what you're describing.
It was teaching in Sunday School.

Get taught in Sunday School by a homo. Well, I guess that made me hit the standard of your average priest tbh.
Ahh, so you were forced to teach sunday school before. I got it.

Well, sounds like being forced to teach sunday school might even be worse than being forced to serve in VBS!

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
but I have thoughts, and those kinda **** up the faith thing.
Oh **** I'm so ****ing cool. **** why can't you guys all be just like mother ****ing me god **** it! I'm so ****ing into these asterisks.

Oh, and now I'm ****ing going to make a **** stupid comment so I can has cool points on iternet.

**** yeah.

I have thoughts, and those kind of **** up the atheist thing.

And I agree with the idea Frown mentioned on page three.

They will only find out if I ever tell them I'm atheist. Which, considering how they'll probably respond, is highly improbable.
Or one one of the kids mentions Charles Darwin to one of the other camp counselers who's talking about the flood, upon which you'll be found out and screwed into a wall.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ahh, so you were forced to teach sunday school before. I got it.

Well, sounds like being forced to teach sunday school might even be worse than being forced to serve in VBS!
I wasn't forced at all.
I thought it was ****ing great, telling kids fairytales and stuff.

I mean, the main part of Sunday School was moral teachings. I tried to give everything a more realistic touch. I though it was fun tbh. I only did it for a couple months when I was 16, then I had some major exams.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Man of Popsicle don't be a *****. You're making it too easy for me to report you.

Edit-Did you miss my statement about the difference between beliefs and following bull****? If not, then I have absolutely no idea why the **** you are being a troll.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Tone it down, guys. Disagreement is okay, buy it's getting too belligerent in here.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Ahh...so tired right now.
It's gonna start tomorrow, and will last until Saturday.
I know the time's all gonna be wasted, as I could spend the six hours a day doing fun stuff and productive stuff like studying, playing Smash, computer, listening to music, etc. Unless I use that time as an opportunity to educate the kids about the other side.

Wish me luck tommorow, guys.

Mewter

Smash Master
Ahh...so tired right now.
It's gonna start tomorrow, and will last until Saturday.
I know the time's all gonna be wasted, as I could spend the six hours a day doing fun stuff and productive stuff like studying, playing Smash, computer, listening to music, etc. Unless I use that time as an opportunity to educate the kids about the other side.

Wish me luck tommorow, guys.
Just do what you're supposed to do (don't try anything funny).
Seriously though. Who knows? It might be fun!

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Just do what you're supposed to do (don't try anything funny).
Seriously though. Who knows? It might be fun!
I can never do what I'm "supposed" to do. This is because I'm "supposed" to be brainwashing them with Christianity. How could this be fun? :(
Instead, I'm gonna show them both sides, and state my opinion. And no, I'm not gonna brainwash them with my views either. I'll just show them the other side, and let them choose for themselves.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I can never do what I'm "supposed" to do. This is because I'm "supposed" to be brainwashing them with Christianity. How could this be fun? :(
Instead, I'm gonna show them both sides, and state my opinion. And no, I'm not gonna brainwash them with my views either. I'll just show them the other side, and let them choose for themselves.
For your sake, just preach to them.
If they actually had half a decent working brain, they'd question it themselves anyway.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Sure. I'll just emphasize the parts about God being an evil ****.
That'll get them to question it.
Why do you say God is evil?
The Bible? That's the very thing you don't believe in. So if you don't believe in the Bible, then you can't use its portrayal of God.

I'm just saying, you can't be selective of what you take out. Also, telling a bunch of Christian kids that God is an evil **** is NOT going to go down well. They'll probably tell their parents. Their parents will all tell your mother, and you'll probably be eating through a tube in your nose for a few weeks.

Don't be a martyr, don't be a hero, just... ya know, be smart?

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
The Bible? That's the very thing you don't believe in. So if you don't believe in the Bible, then you can't use its portrayal of God.

I'm just saying, you can't be selective of what you take out. Also, telling a bunch of Christian kids that God is an evil **** is NOT going to go down well. They'll probably tell their parents. Their parents will all tell your mother, and you'll probably be eating through a tube in your nose for a few weeks.

Alright, I will be smart. I'm not gonna tell them God is an evil **** because he doesn't exist anyway.

But I will tell the kids to think.

REL38

Smash Lord

1000 times what Teran said.

Don't be an idiot.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You better not tell those kids God doesn't exist. I am also an atheist, but religion plays a great role in keeping a family together and while I told my parents two years ago I didn't believe in God (they made me talk to a priest about it), I pretend I do now because of the stress and turmoil it put my family through. Don't you dare do that to these kids. Let them live life normally and let them find out on their own just like you and I did.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Don't. You don't realize that by doing this, you could potentially ruin their relationship with their parents. If their parents want them to go to VBS (which I have been forced to teach also), chances are they want them to learn about Christianity. If they wanted their child's minds filled with something they shouldn't learn yet, they'd put them on 4chan. You grow up in a religious community. School, the general public, the vast majority of them are religious. Up until high school, people will find you downright WEIRD if you don't have a religion. Let these kids be normal, don't do it.

Mewter

Smash Master
Okay sure. I WILL tell them About atheism though.
If you do this, then I will laugh so hard at the (un)funniness of your situation. :estatic:

For your sake, don't do that. Anyone with half a brain will learn what an atheist is in time. It pains me too, but the consequences of not preaching (correctly) to them are a lot less desirable.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Good luck and be careful, man!
When you do something bad, do it well.
It's not exactly bad, but not exactly good from a lot of people's views. :laugh:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just be like "Hey kids. Feel free to disregard everything I'm about to tell you. Think for yourself. k?"

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Every child must learn the truth someday.
"Santa-Clause does not exist." Make that your opening line.

If you really want to scare them, you could not just stand back and take an atheist point of view but an agnostic point of view. This would open things up to talk about religion in general, not just Christianity. If you do this and you get into a class discussion about non-christian religions, I'll ROFL hard.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
This is much different. There's not communities based on Santa Clause. Religion IS the biggest business ever and saying it's not real is a big deal.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
They wont listen to you anyways, I doubt they even listen to the other preachers. Which will make it that much more hilarious if you get a severe punishment.
LOL

I'm not exactly a preacher though. Basically i'm just a random guy who sets up the church for vbs and helps out the kids with activities, but will probably be expected to talk about God quite a bit.

Mewter

Smash Master
That's exactly what I'm doing.
Expect at least three of them to file their career choice under "missionary" afterward.
Good luck, I guess. Don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you , though*. :laugh:

*Which we know you won't.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I don't expect or want anyone to feel sorry for me if I get in trouble for telling the kids the truth as I am fully aware of the possibile implications of my choice.
But, I do still hope nothing happens to me :D

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
OK first of all if your really an atheist then tell your parents.

Also it is completely wrong to tell the kids they should be atheist since their parents brought them there to learn about god. Not to become atheist. Even though you are atheist you should still respect parents choices to bring their kids there. Don't be an ***. You said in the OP you didn't want to try to convert christians or other religious peoples to atheists. Yet you are trying to do it to kids. You also said the vbs was trying to brainwash kids. Aren't you doing the same thing?

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice

Also it is completely wrong to tell the kids they should be atheist since their parents brought them there to learn about god. Not to become atheist. Even though you are atheist you should still respect parents choices to bring their kids there. Don't be an ***. You said in the OP you didn't want to try to convert christians or other religious peoples to atheists. Yet you are trying to do it to kids. You also said the vbs was trying to brainwash kids. Aren't you doing the same thing?

Nope. I'm not brainwashing anyone. I'll say what I'm supposed to say, then tell them it's okay to question it.

And I can't tell my parents I'm atheist because they're very religious.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman

Teran provided us with good reasons as of why he shouldn't do so.

EDIT: Ninja'd...

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
yeah me neither bro. It'll probably come out eventually, but then again kids these days know how to keep things from their parents...
Many things are better left unsaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom