• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God **** It! (pardon the pun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Once your trolling destroys a thread whether it's for the lulz or not it's pretty much required you be insulted for it.

Or if it's not trolling, it's not needed arguing, which I mean goes for most people in this thread.
Insult me for being a pig headed ***, not for not giving a ****. ie, STOP BEING SO STUPID AND GET IT RIGHT.

And no, your point is ****, if it wasn't **** we'd be insulting Teran and Straked and SuSa and me all the time. AND THAT WOULD BE NO GOOD AT ALL.

My dad was super christian before he died, so now he's super dead, my mom and my sister are super christian, I would be too, but I have thoughts, and those kinda **** up the faith thing.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Hey, thanks for getting this thread back on topic!
Anyways, my mom and dad are both super christians, my little sister is somewhat atheist (maybe agnostic), and I'm also atheist.

So uhh.....you christian, Falcon?

urdailywater said:
OP: Can you give an example on how religious your parents are? Like, I told my mom I don't care about god and she freaked out actually -- even made a thread about it LOL (I do believe in God though, just side note I guess). So if she's as bad as mine I guess I won't try to tell you you should tell her since you are only 14. She can pretty much restrict you for as long as she wants anytime she wants at this age.
Mine are about as religious as yours. They want me to go to church not once, but TWICE a week.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I'm athiest as well.

Tell em straight up god doesn't exisst

BAAAAAAAAWHAHAHHAHA.

Seriously tho, come out to them and tell them you are atheist.

If they can't accept it then they shouldn't have had children.

YOU are titled to your own opinion and you shouldn't let ANYONE make you do something you don't want to do. IE VBS...

Just don't go to church and tell them thats not what you believe, if they find it that hard to accept then they need to open up...

My Grandma is a HEAVY catholic and she doesn't think I'm atheist.

2 Reasons, 1 I RARELY see her so whats the point. 2 my grandpa just died and she's heartbroken so I don't wanna hurt her anymore.

TL;DR tell your parents your athiest if they ***** at you tell em to suck it up :D

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I'm athiest as well.

BAAAAAAAAWHAHAHHAHA
The children in VBS? NEVER! I'm gonna tell them that I believe that God doesn't exist. BWAHAHA!
Although I will present both sides.

And my parents? No way as well! I'll get into big trouble.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
I always wondered why people said the devil would punish you if you commit a sin and all that other jazz. Wasn't he like against Jesus and God, which would mean if you're doing something to offend them, he'll throw you a **** party, smoke a fatty with you, and then you'd both laugh at "God". Pull pranks on him and ****.

I wanna go. :(

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
You think they aren't going to find out somehow? Really?
Yup ;)

They will never find out. Thats why I created this thread at 2 in the morning, while they're asleep xD.

They will only find out if I ever tell them I'm atheist. Which, considering how they'll probably respond, is highly improbable.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Satan is a troll with no friends, why would he troll people any less because they're a troll.

Edit-The kids could tell their parents, who would tell the church, who would then proceed to ****ing own you.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think what you're doing is plenty justified. Sure, the parents are paying for the kids to go in and learn about religion, but that's just corrupt. It's brainwashing - presenting only one point of you to impressionable children is BAD. If you are given the ability to do something good (in this case it is presenting both sides of the whole atheism/theism debate), then not doing it is the same as doing something that's just flat out bad.

Do this. Just if the children rat you out, try to have some sort of backup plan to avoid the inevitable wrath of crazed Christian parents.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'm athiest as well.

BAAAAAAAAWHAHAHHAHA.

Seriously tho, come out to them and tell them you are athiest.

If they can't accept it then they shouldn't have had children.

YOU are titled to your own opinion and you shouldn't let ANYONE make you do something you don't want to do. IE VBS...

Just don't go to church and tell them thats not what you believe, if they find it that hard to accept then they need to open up...

TL;DR tell your parents your athiest if they ***** at you tell em to suck it up :D
Well, if his parents lose sleep over religion outside of church, then they're for real.

As in, he's 14, and he's still young and should be enjoying his life while he's with them. 'Cause once he tells them, things get awkward galore. And that is NO fun. It's worse than going to church 2 times a week. So yah. I wouldn't recommend it.

Never let them get in touch with this computer / website. If they're smart they'll find this thread. That's how my mom found out that I actually communicate with atheists through the internets.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I always wondered why people said the devil would punish you if you commit a sin and all that other jazz. Wasn't he like against Jesus and God, which would mean if you're doing something to offend them, he'll throw you a **** party, smoke a fatty with you, and then you'd both laugh at "God". Pull pranks on him and ****.

I wanna go. :(
Isn't Satan the fallen angel and wanted to take God's place as ruler?

Wouldn't that mean he basically wants to do what God wants to do?

So God just let's him. :|

"since I don't have time to punish those that don't believe in me, why don't you?"

I always wondered... since obviously Lucifer (Satan) was an angel first... what were you threatened with before he became the fallen angel? I mean.. was there a hell with no Satan?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
im actually the same... my dad is like uber christian my mom is kinda christian but i don't really think she cares that much... but im like epic atheist... seriously no offense to anyone else here but personally i think it's bs... even if somebody gave me a billion dollars to become christian i just... don't believe in it.

However im a bt diff... my parents know i don't care for religion and thats partially why my dad hates me but i don't care... we all have different outlooks on life, religion.. everything and it just turns out im not a believer.

Like you i do enjoy being a good Samaritan aswell, given the chance to help someone ill immediately help out.

anyways yeahh... im 3 pages late but w/e thats my relation to your story

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
im actually the same... my dad is like uber christian my mom is kinda christian but i don't really think she cares that much... but im like epic atheist... seriously no offense to anyone else here but personally i think it's bs... even if somebody gave me a billion dollars to become christian i just... don't believe in it.

However im a bt diff... my parents know i don't care for religion and thats partially why my dad hates me but i don't care... we all have different outlooks on life, religion.. everything and it just turns out im not a believer.

Like you i do enjoy being a good Samaritan aswell, given the chance to help someone ill immediately help out.

Can we get the tl;dr version that makes sense?

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I think what you're doing is plenty justified. Sure, the parents are paying for the kids to go in and learn about religion, but that's just corrupt. It's brainwashing - presenting only one point of you to impressionable children is BAD. If you are given the ability to do something good (in this case it is presenting both sides of the whole atheism/theism debate), then not doing it is the same as doing something that's just flat out bad.

Do this. Just if the children rat you out, try to have some sort of backup plan to avoid the inevitable wrath of crazed Christian parents.
Hey, thanks for the support!

And uhh, what should my backup plan be?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
lol yeah

im atheist my parents aren't i don't give a **** about religion, christianity... Evolution is how it happened not 2 random people having sex for their entire lives.

And my parents know im atheist, im 14 it's all cool

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Backup plan:
It was your evil atheist twin brother.

Just make sure your parents don't hear about it and everything should run smoothly.

(I have nothing serious for you, sorry.)
That's alright. Hmm...do you think bribing the kids into secrecy with candy would work?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Made sense to me.. and didn't take long to read... not really deserving of a post but w/e.
post count is disabled anyways >.>

Backup plan: say you converted to christianity a bit after the message since you felt bad for it.

..that has like, a 30 percent success rate, but it's all I have.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Hey, thanks for the support!

And uhh, what should my backup plan be?
Say "God made me do it". If you're actually going to go through with this, and when if you start taking flak for doing so, you need to explain to the church, it's members, or whoever is against you doing so that you feel as if the children should know both sides of this story. As long as you're not doing this out of spite, but purely for enlightening children, then you should be relatively safe in doing so.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Yeah, I'm Christian. Don't fu*king call my religion bs. It is most certainly not bs. I would respect you if you werent such a ba*tard. If you just say you dont believe, Im fine with that. But dont insult my religion.

ad i dont care if u said "no offense", that doesn't make it justified to insult my religion. for example, what if i told you: "You are a ****ing *** who has to shut the hell up, no offense."

DarkAura

Smash Lord
seriously if they like... ground you...flip out at you... take away all your privileges just because you tell them what you believe is right... is incredibly stupid my parents accepted it and let me live my life the way im supposed to... not under some harsh christian death law (and no i don't even know what a hard christian death law is)

EDIT: @cookiemonster... i don't want this to become a flaming thread... it's my opinion and my opinion only no offense should be taken coming from the mind of someone who doesn't believe in anything. If you were to do anything i would just ignore it and move on

EDIT: again @ cookie monster... read the post below me you shouldn't take it seriously, just ignore it

SuSa

Religious bashers, take it somewhere else.

Cookie, ignore the flamers (PassWurD is trolling you, don't take the bait). And next time don't censor dodge.

Now get back on topic and stop with all the religious bashing.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Say "God made me do it". If you're actually going to go through with this, and when if you start taking flak for doing so, you need to explain to the church, it's members, or whoever is against you doing so that you feel as if the children should know both sides of this story. As long as you're not doing this out of spite, but purely for enlightening children, then you should be relatively safe in doing so.

Hey that's a great idea! Although I'll still get in big trouble if caught, I can greatly minimize the amount of trouble I'll get into.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Religious bashers, take it somewhere else.

Cookie, ignore the flamers (PassWurD is trolling you, don't take the bait). And next time don't censor dodge.

Now get back on topic and stop with all the religious bashing.
alright. but im going to take it to pms.

and nvm the pm DarkAura. i didnt see ur post. but please, next time, dont say any one religion is bs.

bobson

Smash Lord
No backup plan save moving out of the state will save you once it gets out that you did it. And it will get out:
"Let's say thanks to God before eating."
"But the kid at the school said God doesn't exist!"
And then you are ****ed.

harsh christian death law
:laugh:

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
All's I was saying is the Religion part is bull****, God is the bomb. Sorry if I did it in an offensive(and trolling) way. I'll be better. ;3

Plus, you're allowed to believe in whatever the hell you want, I respect that. But it's 4am, I gotta make this night/morning sort of interesting.:suess:

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
wow. I kinda live the same life except i really am catholic i just dont like doing all the serving and stuff. Im just good with going to church every sunday. but the thing is my mom is very very VERY religious. and it kinda scrimps me when stuff like "you dont pray enough" comes into the conversation.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
alright. but im going to take it to pms.

and nvm the pm DarkAura. i didnt see ur post. but please, next time, dont say any one religion is bs.
i won't... and i don't usually, this just seemed like the proper place to express my opinion.

everyone's beliefs are different and i shouldn't be one to judge one that i don't believe in

EDIT: LOL COOKIEMONSTER THAT **** VIDEO WAS HILARIOUS

SuSa

Don't tell little kids about things they're not meant to think about yet.
Yes, much rather them be brainwashed (not saying this is bad, read the entire post and you'll get why I used this word) into the point of where later in life they are very unable to fully think outside of the box they know as a life.

Children follow their parents' footsteps normally, especially in beliefs. If not taught anything else, it is the only thing they see as right.

This is why there are some rather... debatable traditions and beliefs out there.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Christianity does kinda brain wash kids. When you tell someone committing an act of genocide in the name of your religion is ok, and raise them to believe that, it's brainwashing. Course the people teaching them that already are brainwashed so, vicious cycle eh?

If you don't know what I'm talking about read the ****ing bible.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Atheists have some funny ways of presenting pro-Christian ideas.

Just don't go. There's nothing stopping you. Say you're busy.

Don't tell little kids about things they're not meant to think about yet.
Remember that I'm being forced to. I really don't have a choice.
And my parents will never let skip serving in VBS even if I'm really busy.

Christianity does kinda brain wash kids. When you tell someone committing an act of genocide in the name of your religion is ok, and raise them to believe that, it's brainwashing. Course the people teaching them that already are brainwashed so, vicious cycle eh?

If you don't know what I'm talking about read the ****ing bible.
Having read the Bible in it's entirety, I exactly understand what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom