• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Gaming Tournament 2 - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
mehhhhh Hao ill be there, I can bring a setup as well should you need it.

Up for teams then foulplay?

should make this brawl only tourney tbh lololololol
brawl only? I'm there for sure!

also hao I'm going >__>

Hao

Smash Journeyman
WELL SORRY

Seriously about teams, I might not even enter. Depends how much money I have by then. But if I am I'll go with anybody, don't mind.

Kone

Smash Master
Im 100% coming to this. However, I have noticed that this thread isnt getting enough attention and that likely turnout is looking ...slim? who is hosting this btw? I think whomever is needs to invest some more time into drumming up interest etc

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Its me who's hosting + along with Aiko cuz I NEED THE HELP.

I've also realised, who's bringing set ups? I'm good to bring one, We had 6 TV's last time. We should be able to get in like 8/10 this time actually but i'll clarify that later. Set Ups:

Myself
Kyuubi/Jet
????
????
????
????

Kone

Smash Master
VA - u feeling ok?

Ok, I do think whoever running this needs to pick up more interest in this. Talk to people on msn that arent sure whether to come and convince them. Post the details of this tournament on other forums. This doesnt work to well but you never know. I still do this for every tourney I host just incase. Its odd the lack of chitty chat in here? is it the lack of housing or something? hmmm tis interesting anyway.

Other than that how many tvs have you got hao? I can bring potentially 2/3 depending on how much your struggling. id prefer not to but if need be its not a problem. I can also potentially bring 4 setups. Let me know how many you need lol

Aiko

Smash Champion
Ed, i'm running it. I reckon the chit chat will pick up a week or 2 before the event. We're pretty fine on Tv's. The lan center had plenty last time. We used 3 tv's per pool last time o_O

When are the londoners arriving? I would like to start the tournament by 1 really, meaning everyone should arrive at 12.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
There was very little chat in the thread for the previous tourney, yet a decent turnout still happened. I will try and grow before this tournament.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe you made it that weekend... this tourney is really close and that's the one weekend I can't make it :cry:

No :ganondorf: for you guys.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I think the lack of chit chat is down to the fact theres about 20 other uk threads right now and each one of them has a running topic right now haha. It used to be that everyone would talk in the current tourney topic but now discussion is all over the board.

Aiko

Smash Champion
With so much discussion about bringing brawl into the community, i thought now would be a good time as any to start. What would people think about having brawl singles after the melee events?

grayfox

Smash Champion
I'd happily enter a brawl event for the banter but I'm concerned about time restraints if that was the plan, especially after the melee events. After melee singles most people are too tired/dejected to care about another event.

I suggest perhaps a single elim bracket system if time is an issue and the scene isn't that competitive at the moment to constitute going all out on fair placings, a smaller entry fee of say 3£. Not sure if it is a good idea or not, just throwing it out there!!

Aiko

Smash Champion
well i'm open to suggestions. Entry fee/ no entry fee, single/double elim etc. just tell me what you want

rustediron

Smash Lord
£2 sounds good. I'd be willing to enter, so long as it doesn't lose me too much xD
Btw, Aiko, MM? Singles, this time ;)

EDIT:
Dave(Clockmire) will probably bring a setup too. Brawl/melee?

monty06

Smash Ace
i may make this will find out from work tomoz, gotta make a reapearance missing all the banter lol

rustediron

Smash Lord
Defo want crew battles, lol. I can't remember who's idea it was, but with crews based on locality/friendship groups/basically who you always play with.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Brawl sucks, dont involve brawl in this tournament.
If there is brawl involved in this tournament (EVEN IF IT DOESNT TAKE UP ANY MELEE TIME) I am not coming.

Crew is usually sorted out by ranking of the tourn which makes it fair.
But sometimes there is crew vs crew... Like I.W.R vs The Mafia.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Don't flame on brawl as if it's a bad game, even so there has to be some brawl tournaments. If you don't want brawl then just say so..not say "it sucks" These are the rules on the forum..

I feel a bit bad for the brawl community, just about every tournament thread either has "brawl sucks" or "melee is better"

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Aiko, can you email Derek about having more TV's in the P.C area? I asked him before ages ago in my other email and he didn't ever reply back.

I don't wanna seem nagging.

Aiko

Smash Champion
If there is brawl involved in this tournament (EVEN IF IT DOESNT TAKE UP ANY MELEE TIME) I am not coming.

Crew is usually sorted out by ranking of the tourn which makes it fair.
But sometimes there is crew vs crew... Like I.W.R vs The Mafia.
so you hate brawl more than you like melee? What makes you think I'm going to stop brawl side events just to gain you're attendance?

Although the tournament is primarily melee, theres no reason why people can't play brawl in the spare time. I won't take all the setups for brawl. Assuming our minimum of 6 tv's, i will leave at least 2 TV's for melee, for everyone who doesn't want to enter the brawl stuff. That said, I will happily do melee crews, but that won't take up all the time.

Last time we had 8+ hours of friendlies time so we have plenty of time to do another event, provided people dont fanny about playing friendlies in tournament time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom