• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Girls should just close the toilet seat

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Link to original post: [drupal=3846]Girls should just close the toilet seat[/drupal]

Seriously. I get sick and tired of females complaining about the toilet seat being left up.

I don't care whether or not you don't look before you plop your booty on the toilet. Take the 3 seconds it takes to stoop a little over and put the seat down. Seriously.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Hence why Polygamy is dangerous, leave the toilet seat up once and you're facing an angry mob

ON PMS

Seriously though Lol as much hate as guys get, I agree with you XD

The whole falling into the toilet is a sad excuse. How does one fall into the toilet bowl, do people just run in blind and frantic and throw themselves down on the toilet without so much as a glance? What if there was something nasty on it...Look before you leap.

Men are generally taller, and so to bend over to lift the toilet seat up would require more effort then simply flicking a finger to drop the seat down. Gravity does all the work :) women should be more considerate :awesome:

That being said, men must be gentlemen and gentle.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I can't comprehend the idea of not noticing that the ****ing seat is up before sitting down, might as well just blindly stumble around at that point, so yeah haaa, gotta agree with that.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Link to original post: [drupal=3846]Girls should just close the toilet seat[/drupal]

Seriously. I get sick and tired of females complaining about the toilet seat being left up.

I don't care whether or not you don't look before you plop your booty on the toilet. Take the 3 seconds it takes to stoop a little over and put the seat down. Seriously.
Modern men have no chivalry anymore.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It's funny how people say chivalry is dead, as if it was ever alive.

Yes, that's why women didn't vote, because we were drowning them in ****ing chivalry.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
You put it down because it is the polite thing to do.
You leave it up when you want to be onry.
You leave the house after you hear them sequel from you being onry.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
It's funny how people say chivalry is dead, as if it was ever alive.

Yes, that's why women didn't vote, because we were drowning them in ****ing chivalry.
Surpressing women from voting doesn't mean men didn't treat them with chivalry. You don't have to consider someone your intellectual equal to treat them with chivalry, just like how you don't need to consider your two year old son your intellectual equal (it'd be stupid if you did) to be a good parent to it.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Surpressing women from voting doesn't mean men didn't treat them with chivalry. You don't have to consider someone your intellectual equal to treat them with chivalry, just like how you don't need to consider your two year old son your intellectual equal (it'd be stupid if you did) to be a good parent to it.
Yes, and arranging them to be married and in many cultures, especially western ones, treating them more like dolls than humans is such a step above what they've got today. Also, knights were the ones who were supposed to be chivalrous, and knights were ****s, because everyone back then was either a victim or a ****.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
None of this changes the fact that men used to be gentleman to women....

You can argue all you like that men's perception of women in the past was wrong, but you won't prove anything, because I never argued that modern society is inferior to previous societies.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I've never heard any actual complaining over this because the females I've shared a home with (all related to me) aren't stupid. If this issue were suggested to me, what I would probably do would be insist that they need to keep it up and start just not putting it up before doing my business which incidentally doesn't really inhibit said business at all but makes theirs even worse.

Seriously though, if you're living with someone (the only circumstance these complaints could come up) and anyone involved is complaining about this kind of petty nonsense, you have bigger problems. Living together successfully is about being able to tolerate the little annoying things in favor of the greater gains you get from each other. That sounds cheezy, but seriously, the kind of people who complain about stupid stuff like this are going to be an endless source of stress in your life since I guarantee they complain about many other things that don't actually matter at all beyond this. If they are family or very, very important to you, encouraging them to get over themselves would be best (no matter how many years it takes, consistently standing up to their nonsense will make a dent), but otherwise, ditch them now and save yourself quite a few headaches.

As per chivilry in dealing with women, it kinda goes both ways. The culture did say men were supposed to treat women really nicely in an almost over the top way, but on the other hand, the women were expected to follow the men's orders and allow the men to speak for them in pretty much any context. It's a trade, and you can't have one end without the other (anyone who wants that is just selfish in any cultural context). This trade is obviously massively in the favor of men, and modern society is indeed mostly done with it. I suppose the old way was another path toward leaving peacefully together (everyone knowing his or her place), but the modern ideal of living as equals would seem to have a lot higher pay-outs so I wouldn't be too sad about the change.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Seriously though, if you're living with someone (the only circumstance these complaints could come up) and anyone involved is complaining about this kind of petty nonsense, you have bigger problems. Living together successfully is about being able to tolerate the little annoying things in favor of the greater gains you get from each other. That sounds cheezy, but seriously, the kind of people who complain about stupid stuff like this are going to be an endless source of stress in your life since I guarantee they complain about many other things that don't actually matter at all beyond this. If they are family or very, very important to you, encouraging them to get over themselves would be best (no matter how many years it takes, consistently standing up to their nonsense will make a dent), but otherwise, ditch them now and save yourself quite a few headaches.
These are some wise words.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Note that you might as well say we could spend the effort of sitting down ourselves, drastically reducing the time required to clean toilets (which is somehow usually done by the females, guess why).

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
I complain about this and I'm a dude. If I have explosive diarrhea, I'm just gonna book in there and hit the seat as fast as I can. If the seats up, I'm screwed.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
AA- You don't have to consider women intellectually inferior to be a gentleman.

Your post about people complaining intrigues me. You say they need to get over themselves, but for some reason they have to put up with you leaving it up. I don't see why your way should get priority.

D

Deleted member

AA- You don't have to consider women intellectually inferior to be a gentleman.

Your post about people complaining intrigues me. You say they need to get over themselves, but for some reason they have to put up with you leaving it up. I don't see why your way should get priority.
she puts up with small things that you do and you put up with the small things of her that annoy you.
If you're living together and you start arguing over small things like this you won't be living together a lot longer (to say it real short)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea if leaving the toilet seat up is that big of a deal then I honestly would dump her before I went insane.

Also implying that leaving the toilet seat up= not being a gentleman........LOL.

People these days.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You know it doesn't really seem like that much of an ask...

You guys make out the girl has issues if she insists on keeping it down, but I think the guy has issues if he makes a big deal about it and doesn't do it.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I complain about this and I'm a dude. If I have explosive diarrhea, I'm just gonna book in there and hit the seat as fast as I can. If the seats up, I'm screwed.
Lol I had a good laugh at this cause..er it's very relatable :urg:

lol There should be more blogs about this sort of long standing issues. They make for some interesting conversations.

All I have to say on the matter is their are multiple ways to use a toilet. One can very easily do any action whether the toilet seat is up or down. Some ways simply require good leg strength.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I think its just sort of a politeness thing I guess. Even if I don't have to go and I see the seat up when I'm in the bathroom brushing my hair or something I put it down, including the lid. Just makes the bathroom look nicer/neater. It doesn't bother me when it comes to doing my business and having to put it down first, to me it just seems sort of like leaving the microwave door wide open after you take your food out or something. Just should be closed. I was always taught that its impolite to leave even the lid up if there are guests in the house.

Laem

Smash Champion
Whenever you flush, the toiletseat automatically mechanically goes down if it is up.
problem solved.

Whenever you flush, the toiletseat automatically mechanically goes down if it is up.
problem solved.
No. Bathrooms do not need to be anymore automated. There is already the automatic sink, automatic dryer, automatic flusher, and the automatic soap dispenser. I do not need my toilet to do anything else.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
It's funny hearing my sister scream with her bum in the toilet seat, pulling her up, her bum soaked, only to remember that i didn't flush :D.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Or even better, leaving the lid down at night and coating it with cold baby oil or something... my dad did that to my mom quite a bit. :awesome:

But... yeah... I leave the seat up during the day but I always put it down when I go to bed at night. *shrug*

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
After my business, I place BOTH the toilet seat AND the toilet lid down so both parties can't complain. It's a force of habit and besides it looks neat. Yet I've never had anyone argue about the toilet seat ever in my life to begin with. :ohwell:

Edit: As far as automated toilet goes, we need a toilet that vacuums the uh... smell before it leaves the bowl. Just sayin'.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I hate when the toilet seat is down.

Cuz I hate putting the seat up.

So what do I do to combat?

Hope that my aim's good.

It's usually not though...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just sit down.

My aim's pretty bad with the seat up or down anyways (and personally I don't care... my parents do though :/), so sitting down's my cure for that :urg:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I don't think my aim is so bad as much as my stream just sprays everywhere sometimes>_>

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
Here's an idea: leave the seat opposite the way you found it. If you find it up, leave it down when you're done, and vice versa. This way, everyone does the same amount of work, unless I screwed up my thought process.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It's either my bad aim or this

I really don't know why when I pee it sprays all over

Then my parents complain and I'm all like :facepalm:
You don't attempt to clean up with toilet paper or something?

Of course hey would get mad lol.

Top Bottom