• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Well, it doesn't matter if you disagree, you're wrong. It's a fact, he IS slow.
When did I ever say he wasn't slow? I said he had some fast moves. I know he's slow. I've seen how slow he is. His fsmash is the slowest I've ever seen. But not all of his moves are slow. Quit putting words in my mouth.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
I never said he DIDNT have potential, in fact GIMPY said he had potential with his super armor, I think he defnitely has potential, but he is slow.

HE IS SLOW! HE IS SLOW! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HYPOCRITICAL MORONIC HEAD!

SiD

Smash Master
When did I ever say he wasn't slow? I said he had some fast moves. I know he's slow. I've seen how slow he is. His fsmash is the slowest I've ever seen. But not all of his moves are slow. Quit putting words in my mouth.
All of his moves are slow though, that's also a fact. All his moves are slow compared to Bowser and Ganon in Melee, and Bowser in Brawl. Don't really know what you base slow off of, but other characters is a good place to start.

festizzio

Smash Champion
All of his moves are slow though, that's also a fact. All his moves are slow compared to Bowser and Ganon in Melee, and Bowser in Brawl. Don't really know what you base slow off of, but other characters is a good place to start.
Ok ok ok, I've come to the conclusion that neither of us really has any idea of what we're talking about, I've re-read some of my posts and I realize that me saying he has some fast moves and you saying all his moves are slow is COMPLETELY baseless because not one of us played Ike enough to even use all of his moves. I'm backing out of this arguement on the basis that neither of us knows enough about Ike to really hold a decent point.

And Tonic_Sonic: What crawled up your butt? LOL

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Ok ok ok, I've come to the conclusion that neither of us really has any idea of what we're talking about, I've re-read some of my posts and I realize that me saying he has some fast moves and you saying all his moves are slow is COMPLETELY baseless because not one of us played Ike enough to even use all of his moves. I'm backing out of this arguement on the basis that neither of us knows enough about Ike to really hold a decent point.

And Tonic_Sonic: What crawled up your butt? LOL
Your intelligence. Guess you've been wondering where its been all your life?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Three things.

1: That flamewar turned friendly so quickly it was almost scary. Wow.

2:
[AIM convo]
Respond if you'd like, but for the love, please do not quote the whole thing. :laugh:
you could do an episode on samus v. zamus, and all the intricacies in between, and you could have HugS guest star! you could have him sit in a nice comfy chair and you could sit at a desk.

you could have little stock symbols under him, and every time he messed up you could fsmash away a stock

you could do so much

gimpy 4 prez
........You cant spell dislike without Ike?
you can't spell BUTTS without IKE!
You guys make daddy proud.

3. Ike FFAs in Lightning Mode shall become the new national sport.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
do any of you guys know what happend to the demo. do you think nintendo told them to throw it away or some thing.

tw1n

Smash Champion
My view on people who say ike is god tier:
IF (ike==god tier)
{
All characters-ike=Chuck Norris tier
}
Return 0;
You forgot something in here :)

else
{
All Characters = still better than Ike in Demo;
Send message = nintendo("Please take away some of the lag! Please!!!");
}

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Gimpy says Ike isn't like Ganon or Bowser because he has 0 moves that come out fast and at the same time says Brawl is a different game than Melee. Contradictory a bit?
no, it isn't contradictory, speeds can still be compared, most characters move slower, but a LOT of moves start AND finish faster, wheras with a character like ike, almost every move he has is much slower than the slow characters moves in melee, his activation speed is horrendous even compared to the slowest moves in brawl

he has 2-ish quick moves in brawl, thats his tap a and his dash attack, people pretended he had a fast back air, it's still really slow, probably only slightly faster than melee bowser's up air

the comparisons are to put it to scale, not to say "x character is like x character from melee, practice them and surely you will be good"

practicing tech skill of any kind in melee or 64 will not help you in brawl

geeze guys making me break my post 8k posts retirement because of some silly argument

EDIT: i added the honors the video got in post 1! Thanks for the positive response guys!

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
So to play Ike well you have to have godly timing otherwise he sucks, no?

How does Samus's bomjump work in Brawl when you say it´s harder?

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
ok, how about this, if any character has an aerial move that engages moderately fast, than it can be spammed in a shuffle (assuming that the shuffle is as fluent as the melee shuffle) and potentially set up for a k.o. move or a combo (which is unlikely in this case). If his b-air engages fast, or any attack for that matter, you Ike drama queens will be proven wrong when someone learns how to manage with Ike in a tournament the same way Gimpyfish proved Bowser skeptics wrong by using the worst character.

by the way, i just got galaxy and i promised myself to get disconnected with all brawl info. until the game comes out, so i will actually enjoy unlockables, so i am done with these boards until feb (hopefully). Just saying so u know i wont get any more involved in this **** conversation.

P.S. I love Festizzo!

greenblob

Smash Lord
If Gimpy proved that Bowser is a tournament-worthy character, he'd be higher up on the tier list. Gimpy is insanely good with Bowser, but he hasn't shown that Bowser is competent.

"Bowser sucks lol." ~Gimpyfish

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
If Gimpy proved that Bowser is a tournament-worthy character, he'd be higher up on the tier list. Gimpy is insanely good with Bowser, but he hasn't shown that Bowser is competent.

"Bowser sucks lol." ~Gimpyfish
I didnt say anything about bowser being good(i didnt catch any implications in my argument) ....Bowser does suck, he didnt prove otherwise, he had just proven that he could be used(using his couple quick moves ex. Fair and Fortress), Ike being useless is too just thrown around too blatantly

SiD

Smash Master
Ok....of course any character can be used. That doesn't mean they don't suck mexican donkey balls.

(lol, I just realized that Mexican plays Donkey Kong)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
November 13
9:32 PM

by the way, i just got galaxy and i promised myself to get disconnected with all brawl info. until the game comes out, so i will actually enjoy unlockables, so i am done with these boards until feb (hopefully). Just saying so u know i wont get any more involved in this **** conversation.

P.S. I love Festizzo!
November 13
9:59 PM

I didnt say anything about bowser being good(i didnt catch any implications in my argument) ....Bowser does suck, he didnt prove otherwise, he had just proven that he could be used(using his couple quick moves ex. Fair and Fortress), Ike being useless is too just thrown around too blatantly
Well that was fast. :p
Welcome back. You didn't miss much.

I can't wait to try out Ike. I'm going to be playing as him for quite a bit.
I'm a fan of the slower characters for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom