• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Fawriel - I scold you for thinking a remix is it's own song. :p Cause that's not the way it works. :p
I must admit defeat!
Though only because I failed to elaborate on the fact that OCremix remixes aren't so much remixes as they are complete rearrangements.

dear gimpyfish:
why are you so ulgy? i invisioned you ar least three feet taller, ripped, and your teeth filed to points.
Give him a break, not everyone can be as cute as Bowser.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
you imagined me three feet taller than i am?

there are NO objects around me to scale me too, so thats really confusing
your chair... and you were still able to fit in the room... and nothing pointy was sticking out of you... unless you like talking about braw way too much...

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
i mean no offense... gimpy was sexy... but more of a "he has a calm peaceful aura, than makes you love him" type of way...

i was expecting more of a "this is a vengeful demigod, belive everything he says and love him for it you he bite you heard off and swollow it whole" kinda way....

...ok, thats my monthly dose of spam, anyways, thanks much for the hard work gimpy, ill be looking forward tot he rest of vidieos... and i would like to see a speculation segment on gliding, do you see a way it can be used offensively?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Fawriel - The point is they should just write the own material and be ORIGINAL. There are few actual good artists in the modern music industry that do so.

Gimpy - Seriously though, you said in the first post that you'll answer Zamus Qs specifically later but didn't mention the way her multiple grapples worked. So it's an un-answered Q.

Even Bowser needs a disguise to survive among us. (Cause our known world is too stupid to let be the unknown). My guess is that he's undercover to be less cool because if he was as cute as Bowser...we wouldn't hear a word he says ;)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Fawriel - The point is they should just write the own material and be ORIGINAL. There are few actual good artists in the modern music industry that do so.
Many of them do, actually. Music as an art form goes through countless phases of reinterpretation, that's what keeps it alive! It's technically impossible to be completely "original" anyway. Everything creative we do is just copied and mixed from things that already exist. There's nothing inherently bad at all about reinterpreting a piece of art as long as you do so consciously, with style and own ideas. Definitely far more artistic than creating some run-of-the-mill pop song from the pop-manual.

........... whiiiiiiiiiiiich is a completely unrelated and pointless argument that should stop at this point because this is the wrong thread for iiiit. :p

Zjiin

Smash Master
Gimpyfish62

I searched this thread and couldn't find anything about this.

You said that each character can swim for a short amount of time in water. Is swimming just to position yourself closer to the stage before you up+B? Does falling in water give you jumps back? Is it possible to SHFF on the surface of the water? I'm just not aware of the physics that come into play when water is involved.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you get your jumps back but there wasn't a lot of water nor was there a lot of testing done in regards to water, but its not really effective for jumping and attacking then landing back in the water, theres quite a lot of lag where you cant jump or anything after you land in the water so that wouldn't be practical

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
AIM conversation said:
(03:19:08 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): bomb onry
(03:19:10 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): very high
(03:19:12 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): super sudden death mode
(03:19:15 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): for tourneys...
(03:19:16 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): hmmm....
(03:19:25 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): it takes real skill to avoid those bombs
(03:19:28 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): let me tell you that right now.
(03:19:48 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: yeah... a skill that no human possesses
(03:20:07 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): EXACTLY WHY ITS SO GOOD FOR TOURNAMENTS
(03:20:22 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: LOL!
(03:20:26 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: BRB - wife's home ^_^
(03:20:33 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): kk
(03:56:42 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: swoosh
(03:56:53 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): swishhh
(03:57:23 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: So, where were we? Ah yes, true tests of skill involve patience and mind-reading.
(03:57:36 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): obviously
(03:57:39 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): and roll spamming
(03:57:44 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): and sometimes the cstick
(03:57:46 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): but not to much!
(03:58:13 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Edge-hogging, though recognized by the physics engine, is an unintended abuse of gameplay.
(03:59:19 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): they give you points for it
(03:59:24 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): but its certainly a cheat code
(03:59:25 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): or at least soemthing like it
(03:59:44 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): why can't 2, 3, or heck, why not ALL FOUR players be holding on at the same time?
(04:00:09 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: LOL
(04:00:15 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: honestly... the game IS in 3D
(04:00:18 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Where is the depth?
(04:00:43 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Smashers have this weird belief that the kill must be done by impact, not by denial of service.
(04:01:31 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): oh and it also must be done center stage
(04:01:35 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): i think edgeguarding is unfair
(04:03:54 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: As sarcastic as we are, people SERIOUSLY believe that.
(04:04:07 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): yeah
(04:04:11 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): people are dumb
(04:04:12 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: I mean WTF?
(04:04:13 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): lol
(04:04:17 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Where are these rules coming from?
(04:04:21 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): sad times sad times
(04:04:30 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: If the game were MEANT to do that, characters would just gravitate toward the center naturally.
(04:04:38 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: I like the box stage idea.
(04:04:49 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Just a big box. No one can die.
(04:05:23 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): yeah
(04:05:43 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): but i say the entire stage is also spikes
(04:05:45 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Even then, we'd be flagged for teching too much.
(04:05:47 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: LOL
(04:05:48 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): but no teching is allowed
(04:06:14 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): oh HAHAHA
(04:06:16 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): dude
(04:06:17 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Even bouncing around, someone would EVENTUALLY out side and suffer a KO.
(04:06:18 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): you woulda loved htis
(04:06:20 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): at a smashfest a few weeks ago
(04:06:24 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: :)
(04:06:29 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): i started a tv that was an "as sakurai intended it" tv
(04:06:32 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): it was SO hilarious
(04:06:35 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: LOLz
(04:06:38 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): like anything and everything that happened i'd just be like
(04:06:39 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: That is GOLDEN
(04:06:43 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): sakurai did not intend for that to happen
(04:06:50 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): or like
(04:06:53 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): when chosing stages
(04:06:54 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): i was like
(04:06:57 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: I am so blogging that.
(04:07:03 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): sakurai intends for us to play on hyrule. he told me while we were playing the other day
(04:07:11 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): sakurai did not intend for you to have a main
(04:07:26 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): sakurai intended for you to chose random every time, but not just select random one time, because then people can potentially cheat
(04:07:30 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): but you must select rnadom 3 times
(04:07:42 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): and if you land on zelda, you re-draw to see if you can use sheik or stay as zelda
(04:07:43 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: awesome
(04:08:00 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): on the re-draw if your icon is on the left side of kirby
(04:08:03 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): you are zelda
(04:08:06 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): if its on the right
(04:08:07 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: wow
(04:08:09 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): you are sheik
(04:08:12 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): if you get kirby
(04:08:17 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): you redraw completely for a new character
(04:08:20 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: LOL
(04:08:23 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): thats how sakurai intended it
(04:08:27 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): bet you didn't know that did you
(04:08:33 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: You got me there...
(04:08:40 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: I never Sakurai was such a prick...
(04:08:48 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Now I'm GLAD I don't play as he intended.
(04:08:54 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: I never *knew
(04:08:54 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): SAKURAI DID NOT INTEND FOR YOU TO CALL HIM THAT
(04:08:57 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): thats the best way to use it
(04:09:01 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): to use it totally not even refering to smash
(04:09:04 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): just randomly be like
(04:09:07 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: I know!
(04:09:08 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): sakurai didn't intend for that
(04:09:22 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: I use that in my Brawl debates.
(04:09:40 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Seriously, if we are meant to experience it one way, Sakurai would've made a MOVIE.
(04:09:53 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): LOL
(04:10:04 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Even then, people would be like "Sakurai didn't intend for this to be played with less than 7.1 surround sound".
(04:10:06 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): if items were something he intended for us to use in every single match we ever played
(04:10:09 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): there would be no turning them off
(04:10:13 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: amen amen
(04:10:41 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Bill Gates gave us MS Paint for the express purpose of drawing mazes.
(04:10:45 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: nothing else
(04:10:51 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: STOP ABUSING THE MS PAINT PHYSICS ENGINE
(04:11:02 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): LOL
(04:12:15 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: Copy and paste is indeed an intended function, but Bill never intended for people to paste stuff from Photoshop.
(04:12:23 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: cheating
(04:12:32 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): yeah
(04:12:34 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): thats hax
(04:12:37 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): in fact
(04:12:41 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): i HATE people who do that
(04:12:43 PM) Gimpyfish (AIM): i HATE THEM SO MUCH
(04:12:46 PM) KokiriBuzzSaw: LOL
Respond if you'd like, but for the love, please do not quote the whole thing. :laugh:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i like the fact that you put it in quotes already, so people wanting to quote it have to go out of their way

*thumbs up*

sakurai intended for you to quote it like that.

you made him proud just now.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Question for fish dude.

In the vids Ike did not look slow, or do the vids lie? I mean he doesn't look as slow as you portray him

And is pit the new roy? the way you describe hi makes me think roy-esce, or is this in my mind?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Roy is fast despite sucking. Ike is slower than Bowser.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you could do an episode on samus v. zamus, and all the intricacies in between, and you could have HugS guest star! you could have him sit in a nice comfy chair and you could sit at a desk.

you could have little stock symbols under him, and every time he messed up you could fsmash away a stock

you could do so much

gimpy 4 prez

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Many of them do, actually. Music as an art form goes through countless phases of reinterpretation, that's what keeps it alive! It's technically impossible to be completely "original" anyway. Everything creative we do is just copied and mixed from things that already exist. There's nothing inherently bad at all about reinterpreting a piece of art as long as you do so consciously, with style and own ideas. Definitely far more artistic than creating some run-of-the-mill pop song from the pop-manual.

........... whiiiiiiiiiiiich is a completely unrelated and pointless argument that should stop at this point because this is the wrong thread for iiiit. :p
Many do but many don't. Everytime a good band plays a live show, it's a different version of the same song, that doesn't mean it's a new song. Tom Petty put it best in the song "The Last DJ". It was written because of all the DJs taking over the music scene (which includes pop, punk and rap[which you refered to]) and how every DJ uses the same song, same recording and same music across the world in their own respect. And they all switch it around. Music has soul because it's always different, the song doesn't change if all you're doing is changing the fomat of what's already in place and not adding the actual music to it. I didn't say anything was bad about it, I'm just saying you don't have to re-make what exists to avoid making a "run-of-the-mill" pop song. But I'd rather have something unique than something done differently. (Like smash bro clones I guess, if you want an analogy). But a song called "Beat It" remade into "Eat It" ... well that can be it's own thing :laugh:

If there's a thread on this at all I'm supprised :laugh: But yeah, I know what you're saying. :)

the way her multiple grapples worked

explain what you mean
Ok, Grapples - They home the nearest point and pull you in right away. They can be used after hanging on the ledge.

Q: Zamus Grapple. She has two.
1. Does the Up B home the ledge like Samus and Link or is it controlable? It's a B move so does it work the same as a grab recovery?
2. And is the side B the same as the Up B? Or do you have options there?

Basically just Zamus recovery. I know most players didn't get to be Zamus for long (and fewer to the point where they actually had to recover) but that would be nice to know. Also how long it is and if it hurts people etc... If you have anything it would be nice :)

Question for fish dude.

In the vids Ike did not look slow, or do the vids lie? I mean he doesn't look as slow as you portray him

And is pit the new roy? the way you describe hi makes me think roy-esce, or is this in my mind?
Gimpy was saying that his moves look faster in the vids because of the "hidden" lag frames. If you look close at his Uair and Dair, there are actually little pauses where he changes his position THEN starts a wind up for it. It's only a fraction-like pause but it's enough lag to screw him over a little bit more.

And that's the first time I've heard Pit being compared to Roy :laugh:

wtf? How can you compare Zamus to Samus?
He's said he'll deal with alt. costumes in the next Episode...did you watch this one?

Yes Gimpy
*facepalm*

Zek

Smash Ace
Jeez guys this is not complicated. THERE ARE NO ALTERNATE COSTUMES(so far). There are various colors for each player just like in Melee. Brawl has some new ones that are pretty cool, but that's all it is. Fox's Wolf
"costume" and Link's Dark Link "costume" are the same thing as Peach's Daisy "costume." There's no change to their actual model whatsoever.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Jeez guys this is not complicated. THERE ARE NO ALTERNATE COSTUMES(so far). There are various colors for each player just like in Melee. Brawl has some new ones that are pretty cool, but that's all it is. Fox's Wolf
"costume" and Link's Dark Link "costume" are the same thing as Peach's Daisy "costume." There's no change to their actual model whatsoever.
WOW guys, THIS.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
guys, gimpyfish is just playing a trick on you all! their models actually change! mario has a luigi costume and he gets taller and is green. peach has a daisy costume and her hair gets more wavy and changes hair styles. bowser has a koopa costume and his spikes disappear and he looks like a normal koopa.

Pit has a demon costume where he grows bat wings and horns. Diddy kong has a dixie costume where he has a dress and pink hat and grows blonde hair.

Sonic has a Knuckles costume where he turns red and turns into Knuckles. Donkey Kong has a dumb costume because he is dumb

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you could do an episode on samus v. zamus blah blah blah
wtf? How can you compare Zamus to Samus?
He's said he'll deal with alt. costumes in the next Episode...did you watch this one?

Yes Gimpy
*facepalm*
Umm, I don't see how my comments fall under the facepalm category; i wasn't talking about alternate costumes at all. Yeah I watched this episode, and unless I totally missed something, I was under the impression that Gimpyfish asked for any sort of episode ideas...?

You can compare them because they're two different takes on the same person? :011:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom