• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Then play Mario Party or Mario Kart? lol

But no seriously, I don't get how people can not understand that other people have different opinions on what is fun.
It's not me who's saying I hate item (or the opposite) I prefer both depends on what I'm doing and how I'm playing. I don't understand his need to express his hate for items. Smash was made so it could be both, it's not a traditional one on one fighting game nor is it a aimless party game. Thats one of the things that is cool about it. No need to hate an aspect of the game you don't even have to use.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Say Gimp.
you still haven't answered by Q >:o

Are you like gonna include all 3 taunts and the entrances onto the character impressions?
cuz i'm really wanna know what taunts Metaknight, Pit'n' Diddy kong do and the entrances for Bowser, Ike and Metaknight.
Bowsers entrance is one of the coolest by far. he pretty much walks directly out of freaking fire. Ike comes out of some seal looking thing. Meta Knight I think like comes out of his cape (think how he does it in the first trailer) but I could be wrong on that one.

Zink

Smash Champion
Ike's entrance looks like someone used a Warp Staff on him, if you've played Fire Emblem. Bowser's is awesome lol, fire teleport.
Anyway, most of the entrances and taunts can be found in the gameplay videos.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'd say it evens out where Peach is more horizontal while Pit is more vertical. But overall they look just as useful. If Pit's uB doesn't do any damage, and Peach's Parasol is still broken as hell, then I say Peach's will be better. But if Pit's does any damage OR Peach's Parasol has been nerfed... I'm gonna say even-steven.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Wow! Best source of organized "E for All" information on all of smashboards! Thanks for doing such a great job with the updates, Gimpyfish! =]

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
I'd say it evens out where Peach is more horizontal while Pit is more vertical. But overall they look just as useful. If Pit's uB doesn't do any damage, and Peach's Parasol is still broken as hell, then I say Peach's will be better. But if Pit's does any damage OR Peach's Parasol has been nerfed... I'm gonna say even-steven.
Er, actually, I think it looks as though Peach's parasol goes a bit higher, so I might be contradicting myself a little bit, but I still think Pit's recovery will end up being better than Peach's. Also Pit still has really good horizontal recovery regardless.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate Peach, I've grown to hate her more than usual as a Mario main. I hope she doesn't own Mario as much as she did in Melee, she's just a ***** to kill, she never dies >.>

Zink

Smash Champion
new update- shield drop and jab cancel, cool
also, we found an Ike video where a guy uses over b to get back to the stage, he only uses it once though so we can't tell if it leaves you in "landfallspeciallag". Anyway, it appears to have a similar range to falco's, maybe a bit less, although it's hard to tell.
OH YEAH, almost forgot, but in one of the Ike vids it appears that he gets hit OUT of his FS. He doesn't get to do the first hit, so it might be a miss, but he recoiled away from a hit so it looks like you aren't invincible during them, or at least Ike isn't lol.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
His Aether attack has also been confirmed to be able to do up to 22 damage if you catch them in the spinning part of the sword.

Jab canceling is in! that's a good thing! Any characters so far who seem like they can use it to combo from their A attacks without punishment?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Correction to Gimpy's post: holding one direction with the regular stick and c-sticking in a second direction will be a SMASH ATTACK in the c-stick direction, not a tilt.

Zink

Smash Champion
Correction to Gimpy's post: holding one direction with the regular stick and c-sticking in a second direction will be a SMASH ATTACK in the c-stick direction, not a tilt.
So does that mean you could crouch cancel with diagonal down and still dmash with c-stick down? If so, Samus and Peach's CCC might be saved!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
new update- shield drop and jab cancel, cool
also, we found an Ike video where a guy uses over b to get back to the stage, he only uses it once though so we can't tell if it leaves you in "landfallspeciallag". Anyway, it appears to have a similar range to falco's, maybe a bit less, although it's hard to tell.
OH YEAH, almost forgot, but in one of the Ike vids it appears that he gets hit OUT of his FS. He doesn't get to do the first hit, so it might be a miss, but he recoiled away from a hit so it looks like you aren't invincible during them, or at least Ike isn't lol.
I just saw a vid where it showed that Ike's f-B does indeed leave you helpless. It also suicides you if you do it off the edge of a stage. Just like Captain Falcon's >b actually.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
This topic is truely FOR THE WIN!

these updates rock gimpyfish.
but you dont like the acww stage :urg: o well not everyone is the same.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Spike-Ball – Some people are saying this is from the Kirby franchise, but I honestly have no clue where they got that from. He’s basically a little spiky guy that you can throw or attack. After he is “activated” (through throwing or attacking) he grows and stays in place, running into him harms you and sends you back a little bit.
EDIT: I'm changing my stance slightly on this after some extra examination of the said item.

People keep calling this thing a Gordo, an invincible big-eyed floating spikey enemy from the Kirby series...

I'm still 100% it is not a Gordo, but now I'm starting to believe it is not a Geemer as well (although this item better resembles a Geemer than a Gordo).

As you can see, it's nothing like what's in Brawl.

As this pic shows though, this thing doesn't really look like a Geemer either. Unseen in the pic, this thing is round and spikey all the way around, like a Gordo, but it has far more spikes than a real Gordo would have (and they've been portrayed in 3-D before).

Sorry for the misinformation. Hopefully my correction will go noticed.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Yeah, that's what I figured. It's just that these enemies haven't come out of crates or capsules like in Melee. On more than one occasion it appears out of thin air.

...It's a strange coincidence, but I think both of those appearances happened right around Samus. o.O

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Okay, if aerials that hit the ground are an instant L-cancel, then the SHFF should just activate its own L-cancel, right?

But I could've sworn in one of the first videos I saw that a Mario did his uair just before he hit the ground, and he landed in his "squished on your head" animation instead of a lagless normal landing.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Ike's side b has the potential for a lot more range than Falco's side b, simply because you can charge it to your heart's content, just like Pikachu's side b and Jigglypuff's rollout. Also, the more you charge it, the more powerful it is. And it gets to be reeaaally powerful. Mindgames + speed + power = broken side b?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it is still called a shffl, not a shff. you CAN short hop fast fall an airial and NOT l cancel it if you do the airial THEN fast fall, so its STILL a shffl. please dont call it a shff.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Well...mind games and chargeable moves don't really go together. After a half-second, it becomes obvious what you're doing and so you can just move to the other side, or whatever.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
So I was curious as to what Zamus' dB move was, but I havn't been able to find out on the boards what it was. So I went onto Smashwiki to see what was written there. I mean, even if it was a tentative name, it could give me just a slight idea what it did. But to my dismay, the move has NOT been named or even described.

Am I to understand that Zamus was playable at EforAll but NOBODY WHO PLAYED AS HER attempted to perform her dB!? HELP!

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Since all the matches were set to 2-minute smashfests, it was very tricky to get a lot of info on ZSS reliably.

I can say that her stunner is really nasty though. Also, if you die as ZSS, you come back as ZSS.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Well...mind games and chargeable moves don't really go together. After a half-second, it becomes obvious what you're doing and so you can just move to the other side, or whatever.
So that's why people get hit by Jigglypuff's rollout? :p

Magic

Smash Apprentice
If you can hit someone with Rollout, then feel free to try it with Ike's Side-B. <_<

Sir James

The Doctor
If SHFFL is back then I don't see why people are complaining about advanced techs being removed. Wavedashing is by no means necessary to win a competitive game. It's all about reducing lag and using mindgames. This news of the return of the SHFFL is awesome news gimpyfish, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom