• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zink

Smash Champion
If you can hit someone with Rollout, then feel free to try it with Ike's Side-B. <_<
if it (Ike's over b) registers a hitbox for an enemy hanging on a ledge, then you could charge it when they edgegrab. At worst you'd hit their invincibilty frames, at best you'd hit them away for a ton of distance. If the end of the move has super armor, then you aren't as susceptible to ledgehopped aerials either.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Awesome, thank you.

People were saying that Latios/Latias (one of them) was in as a Pokemon and *****. Did you get to see that?
I did and they are good. It only shows one but both attack you. Think hitmonlee from smash64 but awesome and faster and straight

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Just so you know, the "girl" from Sin and Punishment is Saki.

And he's a guy.

Also, It's good to see that Lyn is as broken in Brawl is she was in FE7. CRITICAL HIT CRITICAL HIT! just kidding..... CRITICAL HIT!!!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
EDIT: Good people don't get hit by Jiggs rollout

Gimpy? Backup?
Lol, King Kong is probably the 3rd best Smasher in Australia at the moment. He took on Ken's Marth with DK and pulled off a 0 to death combo on the first stock. (still lost though).

Rollout needs less than a second to charge before it's ready to use, and you can use it directly after connecting with a pound in the air to chase people in any direction. not to mention it has really good priority for people who think they can attack you out of it.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
You know, now I don't mind Resetti and Little Mac being playable know that they're awesome ATs.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
People are talking so much about Mario -- similar sentiments existed when Melee was new.

I'm jaded, really. Melee Mario never had a problem doing damage, he simply had no range or method to kill you. I don't see him being much better in the end if those things haven't changed.

-SynikaL

Zink

Smash Champion
Really, if Ranger Crit hits can only be determined after we can judge if anything actually leads into it, like jiggz's pound>rollout or whatever (I'm not a jiggs, sue me :() Still looks like it can get some awesome knockback, though.
edit: f&v, skill>tiers lol.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Top Tier
DK

Mid Tier
Everyone else

Bottom Tier
Marth

Would you like to revise your last statement? Tiers hold ultimate truth, you can't disagree with tiers
Lol, I see what you did there.

As for the ranger crit, depending on how he attacks, I can see it being used as a fakeout move, similar to raptor boost.

The only issue is that it doesn't pull him back out of harms way like it does for Captain Falcon. But then again, we don't know about the super armor if this attack has any.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
yeah, I understated how broken DK is, hold on

DK Tier
DK

God Tier
God

Broken Tier
Giga Bowser with starman

Pro Tier
Giga Bowser with curry

top tier
fox

mid tier
everyone else

bottom tier
mewtwo

pit tier
David Spade

hell tier
stock market

marth tier
marth

beneath that ^^^
Gimpyfish

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Rollout ***** what are u talking about..
haha
inorite? Totally underrated Jigg move. You can even KO with it if she doesn't have any sparkles.

I also think that curry giga bowser should be broken tier...starman Giga bowser is countered by Starman landmaster.

Zink

Smash Champion
Lol, I see what you did there.

As for the ranger crit, depending on how he attacks, I can see it being used as a fakeout move, similar to raptor boost.

The only issue is that it doesn't pull him back out of harms way like it does for Captain Falcon. But then again, we don't know about the super armor if this attack has any.
prolly has a disjointed hitbox, though, so that makes up for it a bit.
also F&V what are you DOING lol.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
psht, it's scientific truth that you can't kill without sparkles. In fact, the green river killer through sparkles at women b4 stabbing them
:0 so it's true!!

I also thought I saw Keijii throw sparkles at Satoko's uncle during that part in Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni where he kills him! That's why he couldn't remember where he buried the body, he was distracted by his own sparkles!

The baseball bat had glitter on it, which made sparkles. the glitter was from the fairies in the closet where he got it from. This is good mystery.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
did you not read the tiers? Rollout hit because a skill-less Auzy was using a broken character lol

and go **** SW, screw Wa pride. Fruit pride! (my nickname use to be starfruit because I KO'd everyone in an entire 4 player ffa with rollouts lol(stars = sparkles)(they were impressed cause rollour sux)))

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Those things have changed. Brawl Mario = strengths of Dr. Mario fused into origonal Mario withgood combos.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Oh, sorry Gimpy, we'll stop spamming. This started about... Ike's horrible lag.

Now, think Bowser but with more range and lag. Now, it may difficult, but not impossible. Some people will learn to **** with Ike, but most likely you'll all be bad with him.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
stop spamming or i'll start warning people and will stop updating this thread
oh shii!

Anyway, I think the discussion was about Ike's >b.

Seriously, why do we think it has good knockback? From what I saw in the vids, it didn't have good knockback at all compared to his other moves. I didn't really see it fully charged though.

by the way, is his momentum changed at all when he charges it in the air?

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
**** that waveland being called the "Money slide" or "$ Slide"
**** bob money
i can care less about this guy
i have to hear too much about already from melee
i don't want to suffer his name just because he found something out in a new game
BIG FVCKING DEAL
that is soooo gay

Hugging better not be i reference to Hugs
**** these bias names

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
**** bob money
i don't want to suffer his name just because he found something out in a new game
BIG FVCKING DEAL
that is soooo gay

**** these bias names
Of course! I would prefer to call Cooktown "Frenchpakistaniskan". Let's revolt.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
L-cancelling while DjC'ing (if some characters have it) will be so weird. You press one button to jump, another button to jump, then you fastfall, then you attack. It's way different than in melee... Idk why people care so much about Ike sucking... I mean he's awesome and everything, but....

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Gimpyfish said:
You trip on these. Basically a forced Ink Drop! They don’t go away after you trip on them either; they stay for quite a while.
Heh, the terms seem to be used interchangably. :p

Also I hope this whole "name every friggin' technique after their discoverer" doesn't become a trend. :/

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
**** bob money
BIG FVCKING DEAL
that is soooo gay

**** these bias names
Reno needs to calm down.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Techniques will be named whatever, what does it matter as long as it has a name slapped onto it to make it more easy identifiable? So what if some possible techs down the road don't have any relation to what it is they're actually for? *shrugs* At least we HAVE this kinda' guys, ya' know?

Man...a tourney with no items and ATs and so on and so forth is gonna' seem kinda' sad. ;-; Loved the lists of ATs and I'm sure that's only the tip of the iceberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom