• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Hearing that spicy Curry is broken makes me wonder how the Spicy Curry mode in special brawl will play.

Sounds like fun.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
Deku Nut (at least I think that’s what it was) – The deku nut is a cool item. If you hit it it causes you to be stunned as if you just broke your own shield. You can also throw this item at people and make that happen to the other characters. It seems pretty useful, and the item itself is pretty small.
OMG TOO GOOD

Igneous42

Smash Ace
The name of the thing on bridge o eldin is king bulbin.

And my match with gimpy fish was my favorite there. I don't care if he was trying or not I had fun.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Spike-Ball – Some people are saying this is from the Kirby franchise, but I honestly have no clue where they got that from. He’s basically a little spiky guy that you can throw or attack. After he is “activated” (through throwing or attacking) he grows and stays in place, running into him harms you and sends you back a little bit.
It's the urchin from Clu Clu Land.

Those blue guys.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Omfg what is wrong with you spamalicious smashers? I've been readint this thread for the last hour and a 1/2 and finally got to within the last 3 pages about 20 min's ago, but every time I get through 1 page, there's another! I think this is the quickest thread ever. Not that I'm denouncing it, but it'd just be a lot more bareable if it weren't for all this idiotic predictions fromppl who haven't even played the game and spam of ppl who are just impatient and want to suck up to Gimpy. Pleez, everyone...

1: Get of Gimpy's ****. It's mine...

2: Don't make STATEMENTS (not thoughts) if you haven't even played the game.

3: Diddy Kong *****.

I was going to post a fair bit of stuff that I thought Gimpy left out/other char stuff before class, but b/c of all your spam, I have to go to class now, which means you'll have to wait till I get home in 4+ hrs. GG noobs.

PS: Sorry, I'm usually not this harsh. I'm just really anxious to learn/provide all this new information and it's extra annoying to have to go through the most amount of spam these forums have ever seen to do so...

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Then play SC?

I understand not wanting to use them for competitive play. But hating them for being in is stupid. Hell if I'm playing casually just for fun they add some great variety and unpredictables.
Then play Mario Party or Mario Kart? lol

But no seriously, I don't get how people can not understand that other people have different opinions on what is fun.

Zink

Smash Champion
nick, see my sig. this is important stuff!
on topic- I think we won't be able to judge Ike until we get him. Gimpy says he's trash, but according to his subforum he has some pretty fast moves, and an awesome Counter (lenght of Marth, power of Roy). So he might not be as bad as he appears.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
The only bad thing about Pit's extreme recovery is that... umm.....

jk

I'm really excited about the idea of the first brawl tournaments possibly including some things (items, stages, smash ball) that might later be banned. I feel like a rebel.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Never thought I'd see the say the Star Fox stages goes from counter to neutral!
Woo!

The Yoshi stage seems promising.

The chain chomps was unexpected though.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hope you can turn off certain ATs or me and mister ****ing Resetti will be mortal enemies.

EDIT: Thanks Brian.

Zink

Smash Champion
Checking some vids, GEEZ Pit's recovery is broken. Multiple jumps AND free flight? why not just strap him to the stage and be done with it? If he winds up being decent offensively at all he'll be amazing due to his recovery.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Checking some vids, GEEZ Pit's recovery is broken. Multiple jumps AND free flight? why not just strap him to the stage and be done with it? If he winds up being decent offensively at all he'll be amazing due to his recovery.
Finally another person that realizes Pit is most likely high tier. It looks like his fair is really good, I think he jabs his swords forward and it has good knockback. His u-air looks like trash to me since it's multihit, but who knows. And I'm not a big fan of his over-B.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i've been updating i just got back from dinner geeze

and nick dont post any character updates here, i'll be posting everything in the first topic, i'm gonna make them wait

also, theres an application of pit's up b recovery that you all haven't discussed that i am possitive will be crucial to his top level play its pretty amazingly good n_n

dont call a character broken at this point, its purely ridiculous.

and pit and metaknight are both outclassed by peach and mario

Zink

Smash Champion
i've been updating i just got back from dinner geeze

and nick dont post any character updates here, i'll be posting everything in the first topic, i'm gonna make them wait

also, theres an application of pit's up b recovery that you all haven't discussed that i am possitive will be crucial to his top level play its pretty amazingly good n_n

dont call a character broken at this point, its purely ridiculous.

and pit and metaknight are both outclassed by peach and mario
is pit's up b used for stalling? on ledges maybe? or something like hit and run with arrows?

Drake3

Smash Ace
Meh, so Pit has good recovery. So do alot of other characters (MK, Peach, Kirby etc). Every other character will have qualities that'll allow them to step up.

Zink

Smash Champion
Now that's what I like to hear >:D !!
mario is probably awesome, granted, but I dislike Peach :( I really hope the rest of the high tiers get nerfed more, cuz I'd like to see some variety. Maybe everyone else is better, and mario, peach, meta etc are just good compared to melee.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Say Gimp.
you still haven't answered by Q >:o

Are you like gonna include all 3 taunts and the entrances onto the character impressions?
cuz i'm really wanna know what taunts Metaknight, Pit'n' Diddy kong do and the entrances for Bowser, Ike and Metaknight.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I'm grateful enough to have THIS much info already, be it concrete or not.

Dunno why, but I got pretty excited about Mario all of a sudden. I don't plan on playing as him, but just to hear that he's **** good is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom