• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
oh ye the back air-ing close to the ground thingy? hmm...thats' an interesting way of doing it

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Characters are the last one to be updated, lol, but wtf? I ain't about to *****. Gimpy, you're my hero. Please tuck me into bed. Otherwise, I won't feel safe.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hAHA...

And im not bad at smash for the record...

No matter how much i hate brawl..

I have no choice but to play it .. haha

Dynamism

Smash Lord
This report is very encouraging.

One thing I thought about was that even if many advanced techniques are removed, this game seems to place a subtle emphasis on doubles play. The two player adventure modes seem fun. Even if Brawl somehow feels "dumbed down", 2v2 competitions will still feature plenty of advanced tactics. Playing in sync with a teammate will definitely add spice to the game. It was starting to take off in Melee, and I will definitely encourage it when Brawl comes out.
QFT
FREAKIN BRILLIANT

No i just hated it because it sucks big stuff....

I guess i will adapt.. But for now i hated it..

And forget u... I dont need puff....
Al tho i want her.. lol
lol yeah, but how many did you play?
maybe you just needed to get over that 3 match shock lol

pfft tier list or not im diddy... even read my sig ive wanted him in since melee... also im going to play as somone noone plays as... maybe bowser but we still have to see all the chars... and are u sure diddy cant short hop peanuts... can he at least do one lol.
Diddy looks like top tier. First vid I was like "holy crap Pika and Diddy need ner***e!" And I stand by it still. And I don't think you'll know who nobody plays until the tier list has a new Mew2/Kirby :laugh:

OMG it edited out F.A.G in the middle of nerf a ge hahaha!

festizzio

Smash Champion
Wow I hate that nobody liked pokemon stadium 2 except me, honestly that was most favorite stage, sure it's annoying, but can you imagine mastering the playstyle? You'd be unstoppable! Also if you did a dsmash while you were on the conveyor belts you would automatically edgehog and it would cancel out the dsmash. :)

Zink

Smash Champion
Wow I hate that nobody liked pokemon stadium 2 except me, honestly that was most favorite stage, sure it's annoying, but can you imagine mastering the playstyle? You'd be unstoppable! Also if you did a dsmash while you were on the conveyor belts you would automatically edgehog and it would cancel out the dsmash. :)
does that actually work lol

Dynamism

Smash Lord
lol that's hilarious MaNg0!
Seriously I'm laughing as I post this hahahaha

Edit: Gimpy: did you at least get one of your matches filmed?
just 1 *crosses fingers*

Edit Edit: Or anybody that owns for that matter...
*still crossed*

Edit Edit Edit: Smash cancling is broken and banned :laugh:

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
Glad to hear FESTIZZIO(>.>) canceling is in :D. I guess Nintendo isn't taking away depth from ssb

Zink

Smash Champion
Yup, did it with pikachu. It's smash cancelling WHOA TOO GOOD SON!
falco is back! dsmash edgegaurd>edgehog!

also mango... 5 matches is the key word here... with items... 2 minute time mode... and no jiggz... plus the girls yelling PRESS ONE PRESS ONE... hardly an ideal enviroment with which to judge a 5 year metagame...

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Oh, no! I just realized Character Descriptions are at the bottom of the list!. Gimpyfish is really saving the best for last!

Ah, well. At least the Stage Impressions are first. That was the second thing I want to know anyways...

Luigi player

Smash Master
Big thanks Gimpyfish that you're doing this for us! =D

I can't wait for the descriptions of the characters... ^.^

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ike is nothing like ganon, you cannot possibly comprehend his speed. It's not like I'm not aware of Ganon, he's one of my favorite characters in melee. Ike is NOTHING like ganon, ganon has SEVERAL moves that activate quickly wheras Ike is just a piece of garbage. If ike is anything other than bottom tier in a while i'll fold the bill of one of my hats - and i LOVE my hats!

Zink

Smash Champion
ike is nothing like ganon, you cannot possibly comprehend his speed. It's not like I'm not aware of Ganon, he's one of my favorite characters in melee. Ike is NOTHING like ganon, ganon has SEVERAL moves that activate quickly wheras Ike is just a piece of garbage. If ike is anything other than bottom tier in a while i'll fold the bill of one of my hats - and i LOVE my hats!
sigged, you're on.

Arkane

Smash Apprentice
Very interesting. When you update the final smashes section, could you rank them from the best to the suckiest, in your opinion? Thanks again for the info

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
You know, it's possible that the characters could change in the next few months.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I'll just suck *** at this game then.

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, whoa, whoa!
Am I the only one who sees what's wrong with this picture?

Gimpy, stop fraternizing with the common rabble and get to work on those character impressions! >:O BWAR!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Does Ike even have a recovery? He has that lame *** up then down recovery like Luigi and Kirby had in melee.

Zink

Smash Champion
Does Ike even have a recovery? He has that lame *** up then down recovery like Luigi and Kirby had in melee.
depends if his over b is useable for horizontal. If not... ugh. Aether is still a really good move, though. If you time it right you should be able to spin the sword right on the edge, to prevent hogging and some edgeguarding.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Man is so sad that Ike sucks-..... lets hope that we have not discvovered the whole potential of him...

I was not looking to main him... but it will be sad that a cool character like himgo to waste in the demo already

come on :(

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Gannon also didn't have Super armor in Melee.

Also, on the Ike analysis page, they've found that he also has several moves which activate quickly, mainly his ftilt, bair and up smash (which is fast compared to his other smashes, but as powerful and has massive range)

Not to mention his counter is better than Marth OR Roy's were in Melee.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
hey gimpy do u have any sonic info, especially on his up b?

there were alot of questions some of us thought up like

1. how many can he have on stage plus on air?

2. can someone get hit by his spring when it tumbles in the air? (master the timing of the tumbling spring so that the spring makes contact wit the target facing down for example)

3. also, im sure that after his up+b, hes able to attack after it. does it work with any attacks? can other characters do this as well?

im not sure if i forgot anythin else. but yea im jus hopin this post doesnt get lost in translation lol cuz pages add up so fast on this thread

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Ike's recovery isn't going to be THAT bad in my opinion. Granted, his up+B is ****ty of course, and I still haven't played...and it's a demo(WAH!), but there is a video where someone finally uses Ike's f+b to recover. Made meh happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom