• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
yoshi also his down air acts like the 64 down air n_n

YEY

both samus AND link seem to be nerfed substantially, they just don't seem quite as good, but hey, its a demo and we are on day 2 of that XD
Kinda figured. Looking at Link in that first E-4-all vid (06 that is) he looked like crap. But I hoped he was just odd. Then these vids came and looks looks stiff.

I may get flamed for this but I think Link is at LEAST high tier in melee *shrug* nowhere to go but down. Same with Samus. They are both extremely underrated.

Hoping for balance none the less. :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sounds like Peach is better than before, I think I have a new punching bag for Brawl.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Kinda figured. Looking at Link in that first E-4-all vid (06 that is) he looked like crap. But I hoped he was just odd. Then these vids came and looks looks stiff.

I may get flamed for this but I think Link is at LEAST high tier in melee *shrug* nowhere to go but down. Same with Samus. They are both extremely underrated.

Hoping for balance none the less. :)
Link is king of the Low tiers. Lol. Definitely not high tier.
I think he, along with Luigi and DK, were pushed to mid tier this year, but no one updated the tier list.

GenG

Smash Lord
Can someone attending the expo check Ike's dash attack next time? It's the only move we don't know about so far. Maybe throws, taunts, speed comparative and alternate outfits too. Is the newcomer we know less about.

BUM163

Smash Lord
as a dk main n known 4 using him, i'm glad he hasn't change really. my dk will b a monster from melee to brawl yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol. i will have more videos of my dk from zeneith that just past or itz already up

Stryks

Smash Hero
"mario is ****" - gympyfish

That alone made my day...

Fox is nerfed = yay
peachs dsmash nerfed = win
bowser is better = HOORAH!

this is awesome, and to EVERYONE that complained about all the techs gone, Gympy and other already found 2 NEW techs.... IN A DEMO...

U guys fail, we'll eventually find more and better techs when brawl is released SO STOP COMPLAINING...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
"mario is ****" - gympyfish ZOMG! SPELLING ERROR!

That alone made my day...

Fox is nerfed = yay But now he isn't top tier...
peachs dsmash nerfed = win
bowser is better = HOORAH!

this is awesome, and to EVERYONE that complained about all the techs gone, Gympy and other already found 2 NEW techs.... IN A DEMO...

U guys fail, we'll eventually find more and better techs when brawl is released SO STOP COMPLAINING... No Johns Stryks
Anyway, let's just hope that Pacman is top tier =p

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
I really wish more people would play as Pit. I seriously think he could be one of the best characters in the game, but other characters seem to appeal more for whatever reason.

nuro

Smash Lord
as a dk main n known 4 using him, i'm glad he hasn't change really. my dk will b a monster from melee to brawl yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol. i will have more videos of my dk from zeneith that just past or itz already up
I think ima main dk too and he looks buffed up in brawl from what ive seen

u gotta link to ur videos so i can watch lol

Magic

Smash Apprentice
I really wish more people would play as Pit. I seriously think he could be one of the best characters in the game, but other characters seem to appeal more for whatever reason.
I played a lot as Pit, and he's really a blast. I didn't really go into a detailed analysis, but I can tell you one thing: His recovery is GODLIKE. His Up-B lets him recover from nearly anywhere on the stage. You can also cancel it early and use jumps and attacks.

He's really awesome. I can't wait until February to play as him.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Seriously. Every patch yoshi takes a nerf stick to the face. This hurts me so much.
Well, Yoshi got a few improvements this time. Sure, you can't DJC, but it at least allows you to attack while double jumping. Longer range for a few attacks, Yoshi had the shield problem in Melee, and the new up +B seems to greatly reduce the height you lose when doing an up+B. It's very little in Brawl, but in Melee it's the same momentum you fall at, so you lose roughly a double jump's height in Melee.

I say Yoshi seems to have been improved some. Too bad we'll still have to roll... Oh well. So no, I don't think they gave Yoshi a nerf stick to the face. Besides, if you were, say, a casual, would you be frustated if you double jumped, tried to defend yourself by attacking, and ended up stopping your height and falling? Yeah, I would too. I think DJC was removed for the casual's sake, in the least. Makes it so you can attack while still recovering.

EDIT: The game was fun and had awesome mechanics, though. It's just that the character balance was whack. Everything else was mostly fine. Just some characters ruled and some sucked balls, and the gap was HUGE, bigger than most fighters, actually.

Other than that, the game seems much more balanced than Melee. Try and tell me Melee had a good character balance. Try and tell me that. No, it didn't. It's character balance SUCKED and was, get this, RIDICULOUS. Admit it, people, Melee had issues. It wasn't perfect, and only roughly 5 characters were usuable in the tourney scene out of 26, unless you were really good.

So yeah. Now the four month wait is going to be WORSE. Thanks. ;( But hey, at least the wavedashing threads will die out sooner!

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I played a lot as Pit, and he's really a blast. I didn't really go into a detailed analysis, but I can tell you one thing: His recovery is GODLIKE. His Up-B lets him recover from nearly anywhere on the stage. You can also cancel it early and use jumps and attacks.

He's really awesome. I can't wait until February to play as him.
Thx for that tidbit of info about Pit.

All the more reason to Main him along with Peach XD

CaptRandomGoodguy

Smash Rookie
No character is capable of chain throwing.

The game currently has no ability to reliably combo an opponent since a character can recovery instantly while in the air. This is a huge reason why you SHOULD see a lot of 1v1 matches taking eachother into 200% or higher. Between reliable edge crouch cancleing and the mid-air instant recovery, characters will usually stay in the fight much longer than you're used to.

High priority currently controls the game. That's why Meta Knight is top teir.
As long as the engine has that mid air recovery, the teirs as they stand won't change much.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Haha, that certainly seems true. I went against a Metaknight as Pit and neither of us killed each other in the two minutes we had. We were both around 200% at the end. It went into Sudden Death.

I won that match with an arrow. ;)

Though I have read somewhere that Mario could do some chain-throwing..so maybe it's not entirely dead yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom