• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptRandomGoodguy

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight has instant recovery from his Glide attack.
Also seems to have more damage at the top of the hit box ( conf / deny )

Basically we glide in, attack soon as we hit the ground and combo.
It's Meta Knight, hope a character pops up that can deal with him.
Oh, and Diddy's Fthrow is one of the strongest.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Haha, that certainly seems true. I went against a Metaknight as Pit and neither of us killed each other in the two minutes we had. We were both around 200% at the end. It went into Sudden Death.

I won that match with an arrow. ;)

Though I have read somewhere that Mario could do some chain-throwing..so maybe it's not entirely dead yet.
Yeah gimpy said that mario can do it to an extent.

and Pit ftw!!!

CaptRandomGoodguy

Smash Rookie
Yeah gimpy said that mario can do it to an extent.

and Pit ftw!!!
I assure you, chain throwing is out.

All characters can escape it because of their abilities to recovery instantly as soon as they are air borne.

If you want to see something funny, choose pikachu against Meta Knight. D-throw meta knight, and do a dair with meta soon as he bounces, pikachu hasnt even recovered yet if its at low %

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Why are a lot of people already deciding who they are going to main with? There are a lot of factors we are unaware of, I'm sure.

Please do, we're open ears when it comes to Ike.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
I played a lot as Pit, and he's really a blast. I didn't really go into a detailed analysis, but I can tell you one thing: His recovery is GODLIKE. His Up-B lets him recover from nearly anywhere on the stage. You can also cancel it early and use jumps and attacks.

He's really awesome. I can't wait until February to play as him.

hey Magic, can you confirm how many jumps Pit gets? i thought 2 but my friend says 5.

thanks!

Samochan

Smash Master
I wonder why they put so much emphasis on aerial combat yet made characters recover instantly when sent airborne. I thouh there was something off when I saw from the videos that characters suddenly stopped their momentum and attacked while on melee they would had more stun time.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Link nerfed? Both other people who I've seen mention Link suggested that he got subtle improvements across the board (except the up-B, which IS nerfed). What about him seemed weaker to you? Did you actually test him, or is it just based on seeing your opponents use him?

GenG

Smash Lord
Link is seriously buffed. Faster and stronger moves, more range, gale boomerang, faster arrows, auto ledge grab with UpB, homing tether recovery...

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Link nerfed? Both other people who I've seen mention Link suggested that he got subtle improvements across the board (except the up-B, which IS nerfed). What about him seemed weaker to you? Did you actually test him, or is it just based on seeing your opponents use him?
I think people are assuming Link was nerfed because of this post.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Needs more Diddy.

WHAT? Most of us want to know if he does gets Dixie's clothes as an alt. costume. :O

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
how is the up b nerfed? does it cover less recovery distance like in the old SSB?
It does less knockback and doesn't spike anymore, and charging it up does very little. For the purposes of recovery, though, it's slightly better than Melee's if anything. That's what I'm told, at least.

I think people are assuming Link was nerfed because of this post.
I'm aware of that. I was asking what Gimpy's justification for saying it was, since it contradicts pretty much everyone else's analysis of Link.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
QTFQFT lol

What does charging it do exactly? Make the hitbox bigger? Make it stronger?
I've heard it just boosts it a little bit. I can understand if it barely adds anything to it, then it wouldn't be worth the time, but I haven't really seen a video of it in action.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Or maybe if like someones at the edge hanging, and does a roll, u can charge up the B where the roll finishes, and thus a big hit...

Magic

Smash Apprentice
hey Magic, can you confirm how many jumps Pit gets? i thought 2 but my friend says 5.

thanks!
I'm sorry; I can't remember exactly how many. But it's definitely more than two. Five seems right.

You can jump one or two times, Icarus Wings, fly around, cancel it, and then use your remaining jumps to attack. It's awesome. :)

And there IS a Dixie Kong outfit. It doesn't give Diddy a ponytail, but the clothes and fur color match Dixie. It looks a lot like her.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Great thread. It's a bit sad to hear that some characters were nerfed horribly (Fox), but it's good to hear that more underappreciate characters are doing better (Mario).

Not liking the sound of EVERYONE being floatier, especially for Fox.

But then again, the game isn't done, so we'll see what happens come Feb 10th.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
hey, if any1 is looking for the hugo vs gimp match i found one, but the stupid camera man all but ignores the actual gameplay
It's been said time and time again..

We weren't allowed to take pictures, or video for that matter, of the actual screens. Some video obviously got taken, but when I tried to take a picture of Dark Link, they flat out said "No". The person taking the video probably didn't want to risk getting thrown out.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
It's been said time and time again..

We weren't allowed to take pictures, or video for that matter, of the actual screens. Some video obviously got taken, but when I tried to take a picture of Dark Link, they flat out said "No". The person taking the video probably didn't want to risk getting thrown out.
****, how do they manage to secretly record some footage

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Guess they took video while the booth attendees weren't looking. :p
My friend had a pen camera once (total James Bond-type sh*t). It took surprisingly good quality video (not great, but good enough). It also held somethng like around 5min max recording length.

Maybe that's how video was leaked?...
Some people bought a whole case of "Secret Agent Camera Pens"?

EDIT:
Also, I guess since video cameras are very small these days, it probably isn't that difficult to hide one just well enough in your hand or jacket's hood.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If characters are floatier doesn't that mean it would be harder to combo? I hope not, I <3 combos.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
IMO, it seems like Sakurai is trying to remove ALL cases of advanced play. Like he just wants this to be another "bare bones" fighting game like Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, or Tekken (but still original and better then any other game none-the-less).

And I do NOT like the sound of no directional motion with aerial dodging. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of it? It's basically just keeping you in a spot that you didn't want to be at in the first place. Out of all the times I've ADed, I've only stayed in place maybe a handful of times. I can't see this being a good thing.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Thanks for the info gimpy, keep it coming.
@dyce: Agreed, it sounds like they nerfed air dodging which makes me a sad man. Perhaps they will include motional air dodging because it means you might as well get hit with the impending attack since you'll be just as vulnerable perhaps even more so.
Despite all of this it does sound like brawl will be an interesting game and perhaps some of the issues will be corrected by February (since after all it is only a demo and the demo appears to be more like testing rather than a taste for brawl which means it may get delayed again T_T)

God when was the last time I came by this site? @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom