• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gfest 6: Kyonfest!!!! Orlando, FL 07/23/11

gallax

Smash Hero
COACHING IS NOT ALLOWED MID MATCH. Read the rules carefully about coaching. I am very harsh when it comes to punishing coaching. If i catch you coaching and accepting advice ill will first make u forfeit the match then set then ur outta my house.

Edit: I wil enforce this to both parties involved btw. I am very strict when it comes to coaching mid-match.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
I'm the best, MMs get at me, won't have time for singles but I will destroy you all reguardless!

Marth/MK/Olimar bring it on!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Drunken mafia is the ****, me and afro know best

im gona get lexi to play mafia for shooooo

ummmm

i duno where we're staying yet, i know we're welcome at gallax's but if it makes things easier on him maybe we'll stay wit gdx instead

how far u from gallax gdx??

annnnd gallax i can't tell if ur serious bout that coaching rule or not...

annnnnd anyone wana mm?

ANNND

most importantly

COMFIRMED

3 FULL cars coming to this from SFL

Car 1: Chaz-

Chaz
DJ Jack
MVD
Snipa
Christine

Car 2: Tommy G-

Tommy
Dfear
Xaltis
Afro
2Link

Car 3: Riddle-

NickRiddle
Esam
Loli
C!
Seibrik

WOOOOOOOOOO

sfl comin in FULL FORCE

HYPE

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I wonder how all these people will fit in Gallax's house. Might as well do it at fearless house or something. If this hasn't been said yet cause i'm not going to back read.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I guess I'll MM people.
ZSS vs. da world?
If you use a bad character I'll MM you with Zelda too. :awesome:

Is coaching legal here btw?

Also, would people be down for Mafia at some point? I'm even bringing official cards with labels stuck onto them. :D
I WANT MORE GM PRACTICE!
if i had money i would totally do IC vs ur zelda since IC are so bad:awesome:

and as for gallaxfest tourney? ****s going to be free could be me could be you. ****s going down this tourney with crew battles and all that

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Soooo there should be an asian cammeo commentator
<-------

And maybe a mexican commentator, Garb? with like mariachi music and big funny hats.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
COACHING IS NOT ALLOWED MID MATCH. Read the rules carefully about coaching. I am very harsh when it comes to punishing coaching. If i catch you coaching and accepting advice ill will first make u forfeit the match then set then ur outta my house.

Edit: I wil enforce this to both parties involved btw. I am very strict when it comes to coaching mid-match.
I always laugh when I read this. So if I say seibrik space better I get in trouble? But seriously you gonna make better room in your house right? Here is when bigger holding place = more door fee makes sense

gallax

Smash Hero
I always laugh when I read this. So if I say seibrik space better I get in trouble? But seriously you gonna make better room in your house right? Here is when bigger holding place = more door fee makes sense

No one's gonna be able to move around.
Im not fine with coaching. Use your common sense to figure out what coaching is. Ive got an example in the OP of this thread saying what i think it is.

If either one of you dont wanna come then dont. If your gonna complain and bring the spirit down id rather you dont show up. Im pretty sure you are trolling dtorr, so im totally cool with that. But kyon is just being a ****. Stop complaining.

And if ur using door fee as an tool for complaining, fvck off. 2$ for door fee for electric only. Theres space to stand outside if you get crowded.

So is there gonna be enough setups?
We need setups. Bring as many as u can.

Notice!!!!

1) I will have drinks and food that you can buy for 1$. That gets you a drink and a hot dog. If you gimme 2$ it will also get you a burger.

2) I never expected this tournament to be big. In fact I held it the week after ryos becuase i was almost certain the max amount of people showing up would be about 20. I will do my best to accommodate the amount thats coming.

3) Everyone pays door fee that picks up a controller and plays at least one game of smash. This does not include my roommate/neighbors/girlfriend.

4) After the tourney there will be drinking for those who want to drink. If you need a place to stay you are more than welcome to. I can only fit like 4-5 people MAXIMUM. If you bring a mattress then you can sleep on that too. Right now mink and seibriks car has prioritiy. Gdx is willing to let 4-5 people over MAXIMUM. If you need a place to stay then u need to get in touch with me so i can try to find something for you.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Hah are you serious? We could barely move before but there is so much more people coming this time. I'm just being logical. Take it anyway you want. Cause of course I'm always wrong and have to be attacking you. I don't think Dtorr is trolling ether. Regardless of how cramped it is I need the Pound practice so i'm going anyway. Just don't complain when people charge 2 dollars more door fee for a place thats bigger. Also i'm bringing a set up. Most of south florida I will be needing to be playing you.

Also Dice, Mink has your phone

gallax

Smash Hero
Kyon your getting on my nerves about this door fee bs. Door fee's are implemented for people who need money to pay for the extra electricity from hosting a tournement and(if applicable) for giving people something to eat and drink while at the tourney. DOOR FEE SHOULD NOT BE ABUSED BY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEIR FELLOW SMASHERS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BIG HOUSE.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Kyon your getting on my nerves about this door fee bs. Door fee's are implemented for people who need money to pay for the extra electricity from hosting a tournement and(if applicable) for giving people something to eat and drink while at the tourney. DOOR FEE SHOULD NOT BE ABUSED BY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEIR FELLOW SMASHERS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BIG HOUSE.
You get mad too easy. Id pay more money to have room and air... Just saying

gallax

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm coming to this, regardless. Noone better complain if I throw them away if they are in my way.

That goes for you too, Gallax

:hulk:
As long as you yell "Make a hole and make it wide people" when u need to get by lol.

I do understand that its going to be crowded. I do understand that it will be a hassle to move around at times. Im sorry that so many people are coming. But im happy they are coming because now we all get to play together. There will be plenty of setups. There will be plenty of friendlies. Last time EVERYONE gave me props for the smoothness at which the tourney ran as well as the amount of friendlies they were able to get in.

Top Bottom