• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
Hey GA, I'm moving to Lawrenceville and was wondering if there's anything to know about the city. Btw I play both Melee and Brawl.
Well pretty much you live by the mall other than that theirs not much to do here in georgia the tourneys are far away kinda like in lithonia and other smashers live kinda far as well but I live in norcross which is about 30 mins or so

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Lithonia is only 20 miles away from that place though, i used to drive 40-90 miles to go to a tournament where I live now. is Lithonia the big place for tournaments?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hey GA, I'm moving to Lawrenceville and was wondering if there's anything to know about the city. Btw I play both Melee and Brawl.
:D

I'm in GA, but I'm in Woodstock which is just about as far away as when we were both in FL.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Geeks + Gamers wants me to help with a tournament on December 3. Who would want to go to that event if it happened?

Things should go much more smoothly this time. I got a new laptop today.

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
Lithonia is only 20 miles away from that place though, i used to drive 40-90 miles to go to a tournament where I live now. is Lithonia the big place for tournaments?
Yo I live in snellvile which is like... 5- 10 min away from u, hit me up 404 910 2864

-flea

:phone:

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Wow, just found this thread. Excellent.
Yeah, I'm a Captain Falcon main. Hey. And I don't intend to goof around either.. :p I live in Atlanta, and I'd like to know some smashers if any live nearby so I can get some good offline experience. I seem to keep missing the tournaments. Thanks.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Aye I'm more than likely going to Apex but I'll have no pick up ride from the airport lol and I have no room to sleep in. In one down to help me? lol

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Is there a place where people can just play? Like a club or something? Tournaments seem rare and out of the way :S.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is there a place where people can just play? Like a club or something? Tournaments seem rare and out of the way :S.
Gamers Xperience is a place in Lithonia that seems to do something like bi-weekly events of that nature. I'm not sure who regularly goes, but, it is a thing.

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
Any brawl going on today? I'm actually trying to get involved.....Me and like....3 others.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If I held weekly fests at my place on Wednesday nights from like... 8ish or 9ish to 12 would people be interested?

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Well Gamers Xperience tries to be that place, for smashers to meet on a regular basis. However, its not (at least for the time being).

Just keep an eye out. Gamers Xperience will be having another Brawl tournament sometime in January. If you can't wait til then you
are more than welcome to just come down and play any weekend. www.gxgaming.com

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I got done talking to Jeremy from Geeks + Gamers, and he says he wants to address the issues had at the last tournament by making this better in a lot of ways. It is supposed to be on February 4.

One, they're going back to the original venue, which means it's a cheaper charge in general. We're looking at a $5 door fee and a $5 to enter each tournament. Also, we're trying to get the word out now, rather than put it together a week before the event, so those two facts should greatly increase local attendance.

Not exactly sure what else is going on, but there will at least be Brawl and Mario Kart: Double Dash!! I really hope we get a LAN adaptor to make 8-player racing a thing.

Are you interested? See about coming. I will have a thread up once I'm given the word.

4273 Troy Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36116

Scatz

Smash Champion
Where's the location? I'll definitely try to come if I'm not working or having money issues.

Scatz

Smash Champion
That may be highly unlikely, but if I can get housing, then I'll definitely consider going for the weekend.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Double post for importance. Anyone driving have a spot in their car or is anyone willing to ride greyhound to Apex? I have free housing available in NJ if someone accepts.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Okay. I need to know asap, cause the greyhound discount does not have a deadline.

Also, I could possibly get us free housing if they wanted it.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Graduating at the end of this week after I finish all these horrible finals and projects. Friday can't come soon enough.

EDIT: Also, I was thinking of hosting a New Years Eve Smash Tournament. Who all would be interested?

DRN

Smash Lord
Graduating at the end of this week after I finish all these horrible finals and projects. Friday can't come soon enough.

EDIT: Also, I was thinking of hosting a New Years Eve Smash Tournament. Who all would be interested?
I would come for sure.

Top Bottom