• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Player-3

Smash Hero
Random RC tourneys are spreading
P-1 so godlike

:phone:
pretty sure the random rc tourneys were a cooperative idea creation

such as one of us said o rc only tourney then
no thats too imba, make a random only tourney

??????????????

every time play brawl must play random dittos on rc for hours

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
^^^ WHAT?
do any brawl players go to GSU? Or are you guys stuck at spsu. :(

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! I know we're not exactly super close, but some areas of your state are at a reasonable distance from our venue. We have some people driving 8-12 hours to get here, so I hope at least some of you guys are willing to drive less than that to come out!

We are expecting ~200 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, BlazBlue:CS II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, SSF4:AE, Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition, and more! Smashers are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308992
I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med. School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If I had a tournament the weekend after Thanksgiving (November 26, a Saturday), who would be able/willing to come?

It should have a $5 door fee that would be waived with a full set-up.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I've never been able to ride in Reflex's car =/.

Also I hear my boy Flea's been stepping it up, yall hold him down son he's committed to being a good force in our Scene. He wanted to go to G6 if I recall, but meh oh well. I hope he gets ranked.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've never been able to ride in Reflex's car =/.
The only positive things about the car itself are that it has solid gas mileage, and the fact that I keep it in good condition. It's small and has no air conditioning.

The saving grace is that I have good music, I like to sing, and I'm great for a good conversation.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, that's exactly it. It always ends up being a whole lot of fun, and the heat's not so bad when you're cruising down the interstate with the windows down. I try to accommodate people well.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Just a reminder to everyone that GA's next tournament, TSS, is next weekend on Sept 3rd. It is also a dual Birthday event for both Umby and Scatz. You should really try to make it out and attend. It'll be a lot of fun with side events and food surprises. Current attendance is anywhere between 17-24 people most likely but I'm hoping to get more. So be that more <3

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308833

milesg2g

Smash Champion
They need to attend more tourneys :[
They will or @ least Flea, plans on it. He now has a car which annoys the **** out of me because that was a major reason why I didn't attend ATL tourney's because of transportation. Or even other tourney's in GA cuz he didn't have a car and now he does. UGH. I really need to do my job here in school so I can transfer back to GA. I really like our scene.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Pretty sure Lounis is going to drive because no one else will and he said he was going and would drive if he had to. So I'll be going with Lounis :D and maybe you guys can tag along... I dunno :p

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lounis, Me, Chas, Michael, and P3 because he said he wanted to try to make this his first OoS tournament, but he's not completely sure yet

Player-1

Smash Legend
btw status of the new ******* venue is that zeke said he's finalizing some miscellaneous things up like fire marshal inspecting it, etc. After that they'll be renovating some things up so it'll be probably about a month-2 months before it becomes available.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
btw status of the new ******* venue is that zeke said he's finalizing some miscellaneous things up like fire marshal inspecting it, etc. After that they'll be renovating some things up so it'll be probably about a month-2 months before it becomes available.
I'm glad. It'll be nice to have a good, reliable venue for cheap again.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well I really have no idea what the venue fee will be. All I know is that they're going to want to run as much tournaments here as possible to pay for the venue (including other games I've tried talking to the SRK community about some possible tournaments) so basically the more tournaments the less the venue fee will be, but I don't know what he had in mind for a venue fee. I told him the standard was $5-$10 with a set up discount. Either way, I'm sure once this place starts going it'll lower or possibly be free.

DRN

Smash Lord
Yay my recording device works so i'ma be uploading tourney vids for now on as well ;D

I just need to tweek a few settings though

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
They need me there to run tech stuff. Not something i can really get out of :[
Singles might not start until a little after 6 pm if you think you can make that then you should try but remember to tell me if you're coming or not ahead of time aka before the tourney is suppose to start.

Top Bottom