• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Purple

Hi guys!
We would never get sponsored my Nintendo.

The idea isn't that he's disrespecting it. When did he say that/. He's asking what do we get from actually doing what doom says. Right?

Umby

Smash Master
Umby I think the point is to respect people's insecurities, no matter how stupid you think it is lol.
All I can do is respect those insecurities. It's not like I can change them anytime soon, however much I oppose them, but I find a lack of incentive in accommodating those insecurities.

Think about how casual players look at the competitive community and go "tiersare4queers" and "items are in the game, so use them!" Would you want to change up the ruleset so that they'd be more compelled to attend these tournaments?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
All I can do is respect those insecurities. It's not like I can change them anytime soon, however much I oppose them, but I find a lack of incentive in accommodating those insecurities.

Think about how casual players look at the competitive community and go "tiersare4queers" and "items are in the game, so use them!" Would you want to change up the ruleset so that they'd be more compelled to attend these tournaments?
If the 2nd part of this quote is aimed @ me, No because I don't have a problem switching my vocabulary for people insecure about the word or not lol.

I get what you're saying though, it's freedom of speech and all but it can offend people which has been made clear.

Just say "Raked" Wrecked+****= Raked. The new GA word for perfect censorship, created by yours truly TheG2G.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
So, everyone is good on rides for Geeks and Gamers? Just making sure, cause my car is all empty atm.

If you still wanna go, you'll probably wanna contact me. Like, really soon.​

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I may need a ride, but my moms probably gonna cry about "strangers" bringing me places.

I'm almost a grown man =/
I'll find a way to get there to put the whoopin on you scrubs~

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hey Micaelis, would it be possible to get my replays from the tournament off of your wii? It should be Diddy vs Peach

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If you could send me my various replays, it would be much appreciated. I have someone who can put them up.

outlawpika

Smash Journeyman
Pika Pi!

Hey guys just moved to GA...
So i need to find a good group to play with. Anyone near Decatur? I have no idea where i am basically but i have a GPS and the internet... I can find a way to play.

[sorry to basically repost this]

Outlawpika
Phone Number: Google Voice (352) 641-0249 (Leave me a message!)
Mains: [brawl] Pikachu [ssb64] Pikachu
[Note: Im new to GA. Please hit me up if you live close! I need to find a steady group to participate in. Im from Gainesville,FL.]​
And hi reflex!!!!

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Umby - Miles lives in Texas now and I think he only sort of was. Flea and the others who left for MvC3 were.

@Outlawpika - In Decatur I know for a fact there is Flea (good TL player) and he can prob hook you up with more people. I'm close by at Georgia Tech which is in Atlanta so you can hit me up anytime you want. I don't have a car but MARTA comes to my place.

Shameless self-advertisement/Reminder:
Georgia's Next Tournament http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308833

outlawpika

Smash Journeyman
Heh. Welcome to the GA crew Outlaw.
Thank you!
But not sure I wanna say that I'm part of this state crew yet... Gainesville crew means alot to me.
Many excellent friends and players for many years... :(

Just fyi some Gville players who I played with on a daily basis.. ;)

• Ryo
  • Masky
  • CrazyCuban
  • Lio
  • True Blue
  • Agate
  • Jimk
  • Artic
  • WallE
  • JSSN
  • LC
  • Hala

milesg2g

Smash Champion
So I just registered for Apex, and I really want a GA partner. I'm not trying to joke around or **** and giggle. I wanna legit place in bracket with a GA partner. So anyone who's down please be my partner.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm free on Saturday, and I get off work at 4 PM on Friday. Who wants to go to this NC tournament with me?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307316
I dooooo. Sorry TGK, I was about to post up about riding with you but I have a man-crush on Luis and I absolutely love road trips with him so this is a must do for me. Luis, we need to talk about pick-up points, schedule, and other things asap because I'm suppose to move back to my dorm sometime this weekend too...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I dooooo. Sorry TGK, I was about to post up about riding with you but I have a man-crush on Luis and I absolutely love road trips with him so this is a must do for me. Luis, we need to talk about pick-up points, schedule, and other things asap because I'm suppose to move back to my dorm sometime this weekend too...
Text or call me sometime in the next couple days. I probably won't be online much.

Feel free to invite anyone else in the area, too. I'm not even sure if Calvin is able/willing to go to this one.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Hello, Georgia, my love.
I would like to inform you that I will be inside of you for one hour and thirty minutes at an airport.
Prepare yourself.

archer.

Smash Lord
I just asked H1N1 what kind of side event he wanted since this tournament is the Saturday after his birthday and this is what he wanted. But yeah come to this because you guys are cool and we're cool and we're all super cool together.

Top Bottom