• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I'm going for sure
Yay! :D

Anyone planning to go to genesis from GA?

I thin kso far it's just me and Calvin but I'm just checking to see if anyone has made plans yet.
I plan to go, but it'll depend on whether or not this job thing pans out (I had an interview yesterday.)

I need the place where this is being hosted. I mean, specifically. My friend said his dad can drive us up to Tech, but I don't know what site of the grounds this is going on. Is it the same place as the GT Tourney I went to in December?
GA Tech Hotel is on 5th Street NW. Food all around (Moe's, Tin Drum, WAHO, et al.), and you can walk there from the Midtown MARTA (though it would be better to take the free Shuttle one stop over.)

is anyone able to take Mew2King to momocon?
you can borrow my car if need be.
I'll take M2k if he teams with me. :troll:

No seriously, if he teams with me, I'll take him there and back.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
I know this is short notice but does anyone want to play a few tomorrow, I need the practice for the Weeaboocon.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Mines preferably, but I can travel if it's a reasonable distance.
38 minute drive from me, not accounting for how fast you can go on the highway. I'm hosting friendlies tomorrow if you wanted to come over. Along with anyone else interested. My mom is supposed to be getting my sister then, so sorry I can't make it out there.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Does anyone know if the Decatur 7 are coming to Momocon? As of now my list of people from our community is:

Micaelis
4GOD
Dynomite
M.C. PeePants
TGK
Zatch
mercy

Anyone else for sure coming?

mercy

Smash Apprentice
38 minute drive from me, not accounting for how fast you can go on the highway. I'm hosting friendlies tomorrow if you wanted to come over. Along with anyone else interested. My mom is supposed to be getting my sister then, so sorry I can't make it out there.
How old is your sister?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if the Decatur 7 are coming to Momocon? As of now my list of people from our community is:

Micaelis
4GOD
Dynomite
M.C. PeePants
TGK
Zatch
mercy

Anyone else for sure coming?

I don't think Flea's going but I'm sure T2 is. That being said there's a chance that Smileyface,Grief, and Sexypit. Idk if Pain plays this game competively anymore, but he's roomates w/ Sexypit,Grief, and Smileyface so chances are he'll still attend especially if it's free.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I don't think Flea's going but I'm sure T2 is. That being said there's a chance that Smileyface,Grief, and Sexypit. Idk if Pain plays this game competively anymore, but he's roomates w/ Sexypit,Grief, and Smileyface so chances are he'll still attend especially if it's free.
t2 = ice?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Sucks. I'd be coming back in town on Saturday. No friendlies for me. :(

Edit: Actually, I might be able to make it. My roommate wants to go to Momocon and I'm trying to get a ride from him if he gets picked up tomorrow. If not, then I'll just have to see you guys on another day during my break.

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
Pain dosen't play
SXpit still plays.
Grief and :) havent touched the game since Mvc3 came out.

That being said...I'm sure all of them will be at momocon for different reasons.

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
I'm also a Bit freaked out by this "super moon" on March 19th....Suppose to do some damage to the Earth =[

On Topic: How many are we expecting for Momocon?

Umby

Smash Master
Last time Momocon got 40 entrants without much of the good part of the Smash community. It's bound to be a good turnout if you guys are actually showing up.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Pain dosen't play
SXpit still plays.
Grief and :) havent touched the game since Mvc3 came out.

That being said...I'm sure all of them will be at momocon for different reasons.

Woooooooooooww. MvC3 is so bad lolololol.

Oh well they'll be back I'm sure lol

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm thinking of picking up MvC3 a little on the side too. A lot of my decision will hinge on this weekend actually probably so we'll see. I'll never give up Brawl though.

@Everyone Going to Momocon - Singles start at 3 pm and doubles at 3:30 pm. But if the line to enter is long (and you don't have a pass already) then the wait can be long especially if you show up during peak hours. I heard it took some people up to 2 hours in line last year but I'd assume it will only take 30-60 mins max. But that being said, plan ahead accordingly and be safe, not sorry.

So the list has grown it seems... something akin to:

Micaelis
4GOD
Dynomite
DRN
Scatt
ICE?!
M.C. PeePants
TheGreatWAZOO
Zatch
mercy
Mew2King (maybe)
Huggles (maybe)
Scatz (maybe)

Scatz

Smash Champion
Well, considering my odds, I'll end up being too late anyways. If I make it back in town before tomorrow, I'll have to film two games at 10a and 1:3p (it's baseball, so it's only about an hour), but idk how far away it is from everything. I'll just end up being there for friendlies and stuff most likely (plus, I gotta figure out how I'ma get a car).

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hey Michael, would it be alright if me and a friend came over to your place the day of Momocon? We were expecting to be there around 10:45, but that would be too early for the tourney to be open(?)

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Hey Michael, would it be alright if me and a friend came over to your place the day of Momocon? We were expecting to be there around 10:45, but that would be too early for the tourney to be open(?)
Yeah, you can come over and hang out with me. We'll prob be leaving around 1 pm to go to the tournament. It's only a 10 min walk from my place or a 4 min shuttle ride. Just call me when you get near campus. My number is 770-634-7159

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
milesg2g we should money match :D

Also, I will not be in Georgia for too much longer. If this tournament can be held on April 16th I will gladly come down. ANY other date and it's not possible :/ and I'd simply have to never be able to attend one of these unless it becomes on that date (I have every other week filled and after April I will no longer be in Georgia anymore, possibly forever, I am serious)

milesg2g

Smash Champion
milesg2g we should money match :D

Also, I will not be in Georgia for too much longer. If this tournament can be held on April 16th I will gladly come down. ANY other date and it's not possible :/ and I'd simply have to never be able to attend one of these unless it becomes on that date (I have every other week filled and after April I will no longer be in Georgia anymore, possibly forever, I am serious)

lol I live like 2 or 3 streets down from where you stay get @ me lol.

Top Bottom