• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking of picking up MvC3 a little on the side too. A lot of my decision will hinge on this weekend actually probably so we'll see. I'll never give up Brawl though.

@Everyone Going to Momocon - Singles start at 3 pm and doubles at 3:30 pm. But if the line to enter is long (and you don't have a pass already) then the wait can be long especially if you show up during peak hours. I heard it took some people up to 2 hours in line last year but I'd assume it will only take 30-60 mins max. But that being said, plan ahead accordingly and be safe, not sorry.

So the list has grown it seems... something akin to:

Micaelis
4GOD
Dynomite
DRN
Scatt
ICE?!
M.C. PeePants
TheGreatWAZOO
Zatch
mercy
Mew2King (maybe)
Huggles (maybe)
Scatz (maybe)

AHHHHHHH!

Its ICE!?

not ICE?! =[

I've been told that having "!" before "?" is incorrect...but IDC, its not serious or nothin but it really bothers me because EVERYONE does that.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can anyone tell me how to get someone else's save data onto my Wii? I'm borrowing Calvin's copy of Japanese Brawl, and I really don't want to have to play 450 matches when my Wii is -still- prone to freezing. :/

If the answer involves Wii modding, talk to me privately--We're not allowed to talk about that in the forums, and I'm a moderator. I have to set an example. :p

Scatz

Smash Champion
You can't move multiplayer saves on the wii cause if the security feature they've dine. You know the answer already reflex =P

Player-1

Smash Legend
I could have sworn there was a way to do it with the SD card by loading it off a site or something and then uploading it to your wii or something.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Can anyone tell me how to get someone else's save data onto my Wii? I'm borrowing Calvin's copy of Japanese Brawl, and I really don't want to have to play 450 matches when my Wii is -still- prone to freezing. :/

If the answer involves Wii modding, talk to me privately--We're not allowed to talk about that in the forums, and I'm a moderator. I have to set an example. :p
Use the Gecko OS's Rebooter with save security disabled and you can freely move even locked saves around a Wii and SD card.

No idea if it works well on later OS from 3.2.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, you can come over and hang out with me. We'll prob be leaving around 1 pm to go to the tournament. It's only a 10 min walk from my place or a 4 min shuttle ride. Just call me when you get near campus. My number is 770-634-7159
Okay, thanks! I'll be around the area soon after Miles is ready.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yeah, so I'm heading to work and won't get off until about 2:30. I'll be there for friendlies and bring my wii for some recording.

Player-1

Smash Legend
does anyone know anything about bringing setups? Do they need any extra TVs or wiis or do they even allow you to bring setups to use?

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Use the Gecko OS's Rebooter with save security disabled and you can freely move even locked saves around a Wii and SD card.

No idea if it works well on later OS from 3.2.
it does

I could have sworn there was a way to do it with the SD card by loading it off a site or something and then uploading it to your wii or something.
yeah theres an app for homebrew that can install save files you put on your wii.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I had a lot of fun at Momocon, guys :D
Shoutouts:

Jason: Keep doing what you do. :metaknight: Reelin' in the money, lmao.

Michael: Thanks for letting me and Miles come over! He wanted some critique, but he's really shy of asking around :/

4GOD: Good stuff almost beating M2K even after the SD. I still want to play the Ike v DDD MU for us :V GGs, and the DDD is awesome!

Scatt: Nice to see you again! I saw the work being pulled in the Doubles, as well as singles. Keep it up!

T2 Virus: Thanks for the friendlies! Your Falco and Toon Link are really nice. Wish more open TVs were available :/ I'm leaning a lot from our matches. We should play more :D Lithonia isn't too far away!

Dyno: Darn, I messed up GR > Bairs, lol. The Wario is really nice, and helped me in the MU. That Ike match was getting close. Any tips?

SexyPit: That Pit is possibly the best I've played yet. Our matches were really close! Mad at all the stupid power outings >.<

Chas: We didn't get to play, but uh, good stuff afaik :lol: Nice to see you again!

Tenki: AR CG on MK, abuse it whenever you get a low damage grab, LOL! Your Sonic was definitely impressive. Nice to see you at the event!

Link Queen: You were there, so, I just thought I'd throw a shoutout :D Nice to see you again.

TGK: I think you should have gone Mario in your matches against Ice :glare: You got edgehogged nearly all your stocks. Nonetheless, it's good to see you again, man. Really hope to get to those *cough cough* Offline friendlies sometime.

Umby: That Marth was nice! Wish we could have played more, though ;_;

McPee: *Same as Umby, but replace Marth with Olimar/Ike/Whomever* Was nice to meet you :D Hopefully we can play again in the future.

Stem: Looks like you got pretty far, lol. I miss that Peach :( Hopefully I'll see you at more events :D 3rd time seeing you since SIEGE, haha.

AML: Was nice to see that G&W again =) We should play sometime.

Scatz: Where were you? D: I want to play a Yoshi :glare:

At everyone else: Either I can't really remember you, we didn't play, or I did not see you at all, it's good that you showed up =) Turnout was MASSIVE compared to what I expected, haha. I got to play a lot of friendlies and meet new people as well as old acquaintances. I hope to see you all at other events I'm able to attend!

Oh, Miles enjoyed the tourney. Good stuff considering it was his first. He got DQ'd because he didn't know it was Double Elimination :/ Blah. I should play more people offline! :D

I enjoyed this! Thanks for the experience, guys! :ike: :pt: :falcon:

Player-3

Smash Hero
SO I HEARD THIS TENKI GUY WAS DOING BEASTLY AND ALL THAT AND BEATING SOME RANKED GEORGIA PLAYERS AND STUFF!!

good shiiit

Player-1

Smash Legend
results for momocon was:
1. m2k
2. Player-1
3. Michaelis
4. Mc Pee
5. Dyno
5. ?
7. Turtl
7. ?

doubles:
1. M2k and Dyno
2. Scatt and Michaelis
3. Player-1 and Turtl

IDK any of the

I managed to take a game off M2K in grand finals with a ragequit, get at me =D

Pictochat is too good for me <3. Good stuff M2K, gratz on winning.

Since I'm not sure if we're getting a bracket for future PR stuff:
P1>billy
P1>Dyno
P1>Michaelis
McPee>Dyno
McPee>Turtl
4GOD>Turtl
4GOD>Michaelis
Michaelis>4GOD
Tenki>Scatt

MMs:
P1>4GOD ($5)

IDK if there were any other notable matches for PR stuff, but that's all I remember

DRN

Smash Lord
I got ***** this tourney but teams was really fun for once. I'm still salty i lost to m2k in two mms and that he wouldnt play me in a third D:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Scatz: Where were you? D: I want to play a Yoshi :glare:
Sorry about that. I didn't even arrive there until 9 pm. I'm on spring break this entire week, so if something happens before I go back, then I'll try to make arrangements for that.

As for the friendlies, it was a lot of fun despite never playing brawl since SIEGE. I'm pretty washed up in terms of skill, and probably will continue to since I have no one to practice or no methods to traveling. Still, I was happy to see the people that were still there. We'll have to get some more matches in before I go back to boredom.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Kazoo are you planning to leave g6 immediatly after we are all knocked out of the tourney?
We'll leave Sunday morning.

TGK: I think you should have gone Mario in your matches against Ice :glare: You got edgehogged nearly all your stocks. Nonetheless, it's good to see you again, man. Really hope to get to those *cough cough* Offline friendlies sometime.
Go Mario against tink?

I have no Tink experience. Not sure that would have worked. :glare:

Someone needs to show up for SPSU weeklies. I could definitely come to those, get more friendlies in.

(Speaking of which, why don't people show up to these friendlies more often? :glare:)

For the forseeable future, I won't even be playing online, meaning that my play is limited to weekends only.

Oh, and a shout out to McPee for being awesome on teams. If you plan to come to Lounis' Bday tourney, we must team again, and this time get our money back (we were soooooooo close! :urg:)

And, I forgot my Melee disc again. :crying:

BigLøu

Smash Lord
**** you're leaving Sunday Morning...

That's gonna be a problem for me, I assumed we were leaving right after the tourney is over. I may have to ask Jason if i can ride back with him then

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
results for momocon was:
1. m2k
2. Player-1
3. Michaelis
4. Mc Pee
5. Dyno
5. ?
7. Turtl
7. ?

doubles:
1. M2k and Dyno
2. Scatt and Michaelis
3. Player-1 and Turtl

IDK any of the

I managed to take a game off M2K in grand finals with a ragequit, get at me =D

Pictochat is too good for me <3. Good stuff M2K, gratz on winning.

Since I'm not sure if we're getting a bracket for future PR stuff:
P1>billy
P1>Dyno
P1>Michaelis
McPee>Dyno
McPee>Turtl
4GOD>Turtl
4GOD>Michaelis
Michaelis>4GOD
Tenki>Scatt

MMs:
P1>4GOD ($5)

IDK if there were any other notable matches for PR stuff, but that's all I remember

Thx! Also, 4GOD > ICE ($1)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
its fun but the game is just too hard
Well, that's what I'm looking forward to playing competitively. All Georgians that agree on Meree becoming a part of the competitive scene, say I.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Try here on Amazon. It's 30 bucks, but it's an official Nintendo GC controller. Apparently they still sell them in Japan and came out with a special white controller for the Wii. The nice thing about them is they have a 12 foot long cord instead of the measly 6 feet or whatever it is most GC controllers have, meaning I can actually play video games on my sofa instead of sitting on the hardwood floor in my living room, haha.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Yo I be mad bored here by myself here playing Melee. Someone hit me up I live in Lawrenceville yo know what it is lol. We should try to start our Melee scene back up.

Top Bottom