• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Crimelord

Smash Rookie
My friend and I are looking for good melee players to play against. We live in Hartwell, GA. We're pretty decent i'll try and upload some vids of us playing. We want to get a LOT better so hit me up and we'll try to get something together.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Yes Kazoo I DIDN'T ATTEND THE TOURNAMENT BECAUSE I T3H ALBINO WAS SCARED TO MONEY MATCH YOU FOR 5 DOLLARS AND A CAN OF SALT.
Inorite? :p

needs less rage quitting from wazoo imo
Hmmm....

wazoo, you may not necessarily rage quit, but I've seen you rage really hard when you lose.
I try to keep the emotions in check. Saturday was a little rough that one time.

Rest assured, I won't be pulling a Wobbles every match.

so coming here is out of the question?
That's closer to Athens more than anything. When I come back home in August, we can definitely play some friendlies. Full disclosure: I am not the best in the world.

Your best bet would be to come to WABA every 3rd (and sometimes 2nd) Saturday of the month and play against the Melee people there. Hope to see you there!

Umby

Smash Master
Waba is the central tournament place for most people around or north of Atlanta. (located in Rosewell)
Approx. 2 hours or so south of Hartwell, I think.

Crimelord

Smash Rookie
awesome that sounds great. I'll have to attend. Is there somewhere I can get a map or something like that?

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Crimelord - You should definitely come down to WABA for the monthlies which are every 3rd Saturday of every month. The best players in GA (and AL and NC too sometimes) will be there and you can get a lot of experience. Plus, the tournament is a real blast and we always go out as a group to eat afterwards which is a lot of fun.

If you have a problem getting a ride... I may have a solution but it would take me volunteering other people which is not in my rights. If you really need the idea though, send me a PM.

Overall though, the majority of the active Smash scene in GA is centered around ATL and therefore anywhere between a 1.5 to 2 hour drive from you Crimelord. Sorry mate! But sometimes big Smashfests are thrown and if you're willing to drive, you're always welcome of course.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
tbh you'd be doing well to contact our old friends frank and matt

both live in athens/watkinsville and play melee.

frank's aim is ssj5trunks1

hit him up sometime

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i did

but i'm on hiatus since i work on weekends now and unless someone is willing to give me a ride consistently anyway (i'll pay my share of the gas) then i'm a no-show

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
:(....Bah working keeping people busy.

Guys someone give Viet a ride. I want to play Brawl + with this guy, and discuss how amazing Ryoko is.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm in North Carolina for the time being, on the far east coast where no one dares venture >.>

In HistoryTown

Rayku

Smash Lord
No chance for that, sadly. Apparently the OBX has some big "DO NOT ENTER" (figuratively) sign on it that mom refuses to even consider. She just says "You're not going to the beach ON A WEEKEND"

her logic escapes me sometimes.

Top Bottom