• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Was it really kazoo that slammed his controler and knocked down reflex's wii? Also, when people say "rage quit" do they mean LRAstart quit or legit get mad and not even shake hands. Because I have never gotten MAD or RAGED over a tournament match. I have LRAstart quit after a few but thats just because i dont want to see my character die like that or want the end it faster.
It was Kazoo, presumably getting really upset over something that happened in his match. I remember him yelling something along the lines of "****ING ****" that made me turn my head from across the venue.

It wasn't Kazoo that made my Wii fall; it was a random who tripped over a controller cord.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
kazoo made us melee folk pause our match.
bigman/scatz also is a noob at streaming

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
yeah i hate when you LRA start and people are like , "oh ****, he raged quit." im like "no, i just want to hurry to the next match."

now if your in the middle of a mach and your getting 3 stocked, and feel its pointless, and u LRA start. than i would consider that rage quit. but if ur on your last life high damage, and you get uptilted by snake, and LRA start right as he hits you... than you know for a fact your dead and there is no point to continue.
I would have to disagree. If you know it's over, then you know it's over. Why let yourself get disappointed over getting beat further. IMO it's better to move on rather than to lose confidence in yourself playing the match out. I would not call that rage quiting. But if you burst out in anger and get frustrated THEN LRAstart, I would consider that a rage quit.

It's all about how the person acts that depicts if it's a "rage quit" or not.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
yeah i hate when you LRA start and people are like , "oh ****, he raged quit." im like "no, i just want to hurry to the next match."

now if your in the middle of a mach and your getting 3 stocked, and feel its pointless, and u LRA start. than i would consider that rage quit. but if ur on your last life high damage, and you get uptilted by snake, and LRA start right as he hits you... than you know for a fact your dead and there is no point to continue.
exactly
if i see someone LRA start then i know its because they either didn't want to see their character die or they just didn't want to waste time waiting for their character to go past the blast zone.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I would have to disagree. If you know it's over, then you know it's over. Why let yourself get disappointed over getting beat further. IMO it's better to move on rather than to lose confidence in yourself playing the match out. I would not call that rage quiting. But if you burst out in anger and get frustrated THEN LRAstart, I would consider that a rage quit.

It's all about how the person acts that depicts if it's a "rage quit" or not.
you can always have come backs though...especially with wario and that fart, I was getting 3 stocked by kola and then came back and won. If you're going to give up in the middle of the match you can at least start spamming some of your moves or doing dumb **** and hope your opponent gets used to your dumb **** the next game so you can punish them or find out a habit that they do.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Its your choice to do it or not. I agree comebacks can happen. Billy had a demanding 2 SNAKE stocks over me game 3 but i stuck with it and i did end up winning. But all in all, it is the player's choice. If you dont have any confidence at all (if its the stage or the character you picked, its your fault but change.) then decide if you want to continue or move on. I dont fully suggest quitting the match, but if you have to then you have to. Sometimes it is the best choice.

My main point is that its not considered a rage quit to end the match when you have not fully lost yet.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Its your choice to do it or not. I agree comebacks can happen. Billy had a demanding 2 SNAKE stocks over me game 3 but i stuck with it and i did end up winning. But all in all, it is the player's choice. If you dont have any confidence at all (if its the stage or the character you picked, its your fault but change.) then decide if you want to continue or move on. I dont fully suggest quitting the match, but if you have to then you have to. Sometimes it is the best choice.

My main point is that its not considered a rage quit to end the match when you have not fully lost yet.
That..... was gay. :(

Nice CP i guess.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I say theres always a chance of making a comeback
for all you know you could suddenly have some amazing epiphany in the middle of the match where you notice a pattern in your opponent's moves that you can easily destroy and then win the match
it's not like this sort of thing never happens

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
To whoever brought the Arcana Heart setup, **** you. Now I'm trying to find someone who has a PS2 and the game to play. Kira is messed up. It's BB with 10x more loli.

I had fun. Haven't played in forever, so I've fallen out of practice, but it was fun.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
What are the name of the type of posters that hang around waba/US gaming arena? Im talking about the ones that hang up by the string like picture frames.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
how come smash is becoming a big thing at tech just as me and tong are quitting wtf you guys

pick up sc2 so we don't feel lonely - it's the new thing!
also bbcs, it's great

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
1. how in the hell do you use code manager. I tried using the improt .txt feature but it didn't work. It always says no code selected no matter what I do. I just need the .gct file that allows me to play brawl with normal movesets but allows custom stages and charater hacks.

2. What is CSP?

3. I have a brawl minus .gct file so I have been able to use stage hacks etc.. but for some reason when ever I use a stage that has 3D modeled stuff in the background(not a plain texture) the game just freezes. I don't know of any extra steps I need to do.

4. Has anyone ever though of making a site for all this junk? Its really scattered all over the place and people are always coming and going it really hard to find simple information.

5.Musics hacks always freeze my game I don't even know what im doing wrong. I have been following tuts on AIB and smashboards but no matter what I do it freezes.

6. How do I get custom backgrounds for the menus?

7. How do I change the "loading..." text?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1. how in the hell do you use code manager. I tried using the improt .txt feature but it didn't work. It always says no code selected no matter what I do. I just need the .gct file that allows me to play brawl with normal movesets but allows custom stages and charater hacks.
do you have a txt file int eh right folder on your sd card? i can give you a txt file with my codes if you need them (scatz/Michael can too)

2. What is CSP?
character select portraits

3. I have a brawl minus .gct file so I have been able to use stage hacks etc.. but for some reason when ever I use a stage that has 3D modeled stuff in the background(not a plain texture) the game just freezes. I don't know of any extra steps I need to do.
thats probably an issue with the codeset. what stages specifically have you been trying to use?

4. Has anyone ever though of making a site for all this junk? Its really scattered all over the place and people are always coming and going it really hard to find simple information.
Smashboards/General Discussion/Smash Workshop/

go there.

5.Musics hacks always freeze my game I don't even know what im doing wrong. I have been following tuts on AIB and smashboards but no matter what I do it freezes.
again, try it without the B- gct.

6. How do I get custom backgrounds for the menus?
you can try to make it yourself, but it may just be easier to request it from someone else. i can give you links if you need more info.

7. How do I change the "loading..." text?
its part of the strap loader. you can change it by loading the file in brawlbox.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
do you have a txt file int eh right folder on your sd card? i can give you a txt file with my codes if you need them (scatz/Michael can too)
Does a downloaded .gct file work?

Also why does it matter where you are exporting the .txt file from? I don't know where the txt file should go btw.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
gct =/= txt

gct is the compiled codeset. the text is the editable file where you can add/remove codes. the txt file needs to go in the txtcodes folder in the root of your sd card.

as for getting a text file, you generally have to compile it yourself, or get someone to give you one as downloads have become kind of scarce lately.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I deleted the txt code folder because I thought it was conflicting with my codes. :(

mercy

Smash Apprentice
7 man pool with ONE setup...

SOUNDS GOOD YO WHERE DO I SIGNUP.

But not really, I'd rather just stay home and get some well deserved sleep.

Next time I play ICs in a tourney, I'm dair camping with MK.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
7 man pool with ONE setup...

SOUNDS GOOD YO WHERE DO I SIGNUP.

But not really, I'd rather just stay home and get some well deserved sleep.

Next time I play ICs in a tourney, I'm dair camping with MK.
i'm downloading the training assistant pac so i can practice against that...

same with falco shdl (ps practice ftw).

Player_2

Smash Rookie
It was Kazoo, presumably getting really upset over something that happened in his match. I remember him yelling something along the lines of "****ING ****" that made me turn my head from across the venue.

It wasn't Kazoo that made my Wii fall; it was a random who tripped over a controller cord.

Yeah sorry about that couldn't see someones controller cord. I also did the same thing at p-1s house the night before so I feel cursed.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah sorry about that couldn't see someones controller cord. I also did the same thing at p-1s house the night before so I feel cursed.
'saright. Everything appears to work okay...

If my Brawl disc stops working within the next month, though, you owe me. >:o

Top Bottom