• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Would any of you guys be interested in a Smashfest at USGA before the monthly on the 15th?

I could have it set up for this Saturday if we get enough interest.
$5 to play all day from 11am upto 2am!

We need peeps to bring Wii's and Brawl/Melee for Smashfest and the Monthly on the 15th.
Please let me know if you can bring system and game to both or either event.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm down, I could use the practice.

DRN

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm free most of next week since school's done for me. Hit me up if you want to play some Brawl at all. My number's on the locator thread.

Also, now that WABA seems to be back and stationary and stuff has quited down, I was thinking of doing monthlies at GT on the first Saturday of every month. How does that sound to everyone? And would you guys rather have free entry and be in a similar setting as the last GT Tournament or upgrade the room but have a small door fee prob around $5 or so? Feedback would be cool.
I'd be interested if i could somehow find a way there lol. I'd be fine w/ a door fee if it'll get us a bigger room.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm free most of next week since school's done for me. Hit me up if you want to play some Brawl at all. My number's on the locator thread.

Also, now that WABA seems to be back and stationary and stuff has quited down, I was thinking of doing monthlies at GT on the first Saturday of every month. How does that sound to everyone? And would you guys rather have free entry and be in a similar setting as the last GT Tournament or upgrade the room but have a small door fee prob around $5 or so? Feedback would be cool.
Which "last GT Tournament" are you talking about? The one with the whack *** rules or the one hosted by THEGREATWAZOOOOO?

Everything sucked about the GT tournament that was last month, but the amount of setups and the size of the room from thegreatwazoo tournament was fine. Honestly I would just like a place with free entry, haha.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Which "last GT Tournament" are you talking about? The one with the whack *** rules or the one hosted by THEGREATWAZOOOOO?

Everything sucked about the GT tournament that was last month, but the amount of setups and the size of the room from thegreatwazoo tournament was fine. Honestly I would just like a place with free entry, haha.
Considering no one in the actual Smash community was associated with that last "Tournament" I meant Wazoo's.

The biggest problem I foresee with me hosting the tournament is my lack of TV/setups which can be fixed through effort on the community's behalf. But if we move to a bigger room, I probably wouldn't be able to waive door fee for a setup because no offense, but I'm not going to host a tournament and lose money every month.

What I'm most likely going to do is hold the first one in the smaller, free room and see what kind of turnout I get and get feedback from everyone who shows up. I'll crunch some numbers for the bigger rooms and have them prepared for the first one next month.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else coming tomorrow, I don't want do the drive just to play against a lvl 9 Luigi.

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
I REALLY WANNA GO TO THE SMASHFEST. i have no ride there and no car. im only 15 i live in riverdale GA if anyone could pick me up. i can bring a wii with brawl and melee

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I was about to head on over, but it seems like no one else is going.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
**** it, I'm on my way.

@Biglou, no car johns. If you live close to the venue, I can pick you up.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
**** it, I'm on my way.

@Biglou, no car johns. If you live close to the venue, I can pick you up.
Yo if you can pick me up i can come, im like 20 min away from venue in marietta

*edit, I guess he already left lol. I can smash today but lack a ride :(

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Even though there weren't many smashers today, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Waba. :) It was fun seeing the new venue and catching up with some people. Can't wait for the monthly next weekend. :)

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Even though there weren't many smashers today, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Waba. :) It was fun seeing the new venue and catching up with some people. Can't wait for the monthly next weekend. :)
Wished you could of stayed longer, because right after you left Mercy, BigLou, Albino, Monte, Roderick, chas, Mike 'DK' remained to play:p

What day of the week would be best for the weekly smashfest at Waba/USGA?

bigman40

Smash Master
Had lots of fun and good practice. I need to start a driving service though to minimize the amount of gas I'll have to pay by myself. So on that note, I will gladly pick up to 4 people as long as they're on my way to the venue, and of course, pay for gas.

As for the next smashfest, I can only come on like everyday except thursday and friday (maybe tuesday). Although, I won't be arriving there until the later times like 5-7 pm.

Top Bottom