• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Now that I've read over everything, there doesn't seem like there will be an opportunity to get some friendlies in, thus I'll have to pass.

DRN

Smash Lord
Now that I've read over everything, there doesn't seem like there will be an opportunity to get some friendlies in, thus I'll have to pass.
Do you play brawl? cause if u do and are in high school u should go. Its good tourney experience. Plus its gonna be fun

Waba

Smash Apprentice
FYI:
High School Cyber Olympics is later today (May 1st). It's free to enter and rep your high school. Registration starts at 10am til 11:30am and only two people or team may rep each school in each event.
So peeps showing up late will NOT be able to play in the tournaments, even if you show up on time, if your school has two people already signed up for Brawl...you can't play in Brawl, but can play in another tournament that doesn't have two reps already. I know it's kind of stupid and confusing, but we had to set the limits because of time and staff. If your high school wins, your school gets $500 plus other prizes. The players in the winning high schools also get prizes like medals, trophies, 32oz Monster Energy drinks, hats, pull over hoodies, and other stuff I can't remember. This is an event I got involved in late and convinced Britt to make it free to draw more people, but in previous years they use to charge players to play with no rewards for the players except medals. I hope these added incentives help hype the venue up for the summer and make it successful. I hope to see a lot of you guys today even if you don't play in the tournaments, just come check it out!

May 15th (every third Saturday) will be SSBB/SSBM monthlies with cash pots and give aways. While today's event is Brawl singles only with limited entries along with 11 other games, the monthlies will be more structured for the Smash community and needs the community's support in a bigger scale to keep it growing successfully.

I would like to organize and set up smashfest days in the summer. I'd like suggestions and help from the community to make this happen successfully as well. I believe a $5 door fee for smashfest days is fair and would like to set it on a regular weekday for the smash community. I would love some of the top players help us out with the weekly smashfest days to help run it and train the community to help it to grow. Let me know your thoughts about the weekly smashfest. Thanks in advance for your support and suggestions.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Its pretty disrespectful that you keep calling me a lvl 9 Luigi.....
lol, well if you want to team, we'll need to get back into wifi training again! I'm so rusty in Brawl (as hilarious as that sounds), so I'll need to practice.

But how is that disrespectful? Level 9 luigi is ****ING BEAST!!!!!!

Waba

Smash Apprentice
HSCO results for Brawl singles:

1: Vahe 'Dynomite'(NorthView)
2: Shayne Bacon (Peachtree Ridge)
3: Dan Kim (Pope)
4: Mike Parker (Peachtree Ridge)
5: Tobi Shenbanio (Roswell)
5: Nathan Schimel (Walton)
7: Cody Bradley (Pope)
7: David Chiu (Grayson)
9: Anthony Chin (Grayson)
9: Matthew Shenbanio (Roswell)
9: Steven Lee (Norcross)
9: Scott Lung (Alpharetta)
13: Boaz Chester (CH)
13: Peter Brunton (Alpharetta)
13: Calvin Capers (Vocational)
13: Chas Marsh (NorthView)

FYI: Calvin and Chas were three hours late to the tournament, which forced me to DQ them. Reflex came late with them, but he wouldn't been able to compete anyways since he is not from GA. Congrats to Dyno! See ya all on the 15th!

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Octix 4th place...

good **** bro

@Saltix: what tournament am i going to win?!

you will just have to wait and see...:D

DRN

Smash Lord
Saltix is just so good with snake he loses to ganons.

Henry send me the hacked version of Super Mario RPG!! please. Reflex made me really wanna play it.

Saltix

Smash Lord

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Saltix is just so good with snake he loses to ganons.

Henry send me the hacked version of Super Mario RPG!! please. Reflex made me really wanna play it.
i'll look for the file a little today, but i'll probably have to wait till after monday when my finals are over.

Top Bottom