• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
What munchkin packs do you have?
me and my little brother have
Munchkin
Star Munchkin
Munchkin Cthulu
Munchkin Blender

i could bring my bro if you guys will be playing

DRN

Smash Lord
Wait, so are the monthlies still going to be on the 3rd Saturday of every month or is it going to be combined with the combo breaker?
Monthly's are gonna be separate from Combo Breakers but there will be a tourney on both days.

Btw ima most likely come to Waba this weekend for practice. Everyone should come ;o
Also scatz r u goin to Winterfest?

indie_dave

Smash Ace
re: december 26th tourney
anybody going from Columbus to the tourney and back? i'll be near Ft Benning visiting my brother for the holidays and need to mm toasty :D (free money for toasty LOL help me get there plz hahaha)

willing to help pay for gas. i shower and wipe and don't steal ppls ****.
and you'll get a box of hawaii choc mac nuts :D

won't be able to respond from saturday til tuesday while i'm out job training

bigman40

Smash Master
Monthly's are gonna be separate from Combo Breakers but there will be a tourney on both days.

Btw ima most likely come to Waba this weekend for practice. Everyone should come ;o
Also scatz r u goin to Winterfest?
Can't make it to Winterfest. I still have my fight club membership so I always come if someone wants to practice.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Woooo! Done with finals just now. I may go to WABA this Saturday if everything works out and buy the Fight Club Membership for December. So hopefully I'll be there and some other people too.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
im moving to ssbm i might come tomrow but i might not. im comin this 26 for sure tho(training for melee)
what happening this saturday?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
charzardigross.

i'll be there saturday if it means anything.

We'll be playing munchkin.

and playing brawl of course.
Munchkin
Star Munchkin
Munchkin Cthulu
Munchkin Blender

OMG MUNCHKIN!!!

I've only played it twice, and I won my second time around.

The game is so silly :p

I don't have any of the packs, though. Being broke as I am.

DRN

Smash Lord
Scatz Dude come this sat ima be there for sure now and Jamaal said he too was gonna be there. Anyone who wants to get better come and we can all prepare for the Monthly/ Combo Breaker/Winterfest/SC(or NC iunno) tourney.

bigman40

Smash Master
Scatz Dude come this sat ima be there for sure now and Jamaal said he too was gonna be there. Anyone who wants to get better come and we can all prepare for the Monthly/ Combo Breaker/Winterfest/SC(or NC iunno) tourney.
I'll be coming, but it'll most likely be late since I gotta help film for a football championship.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
What game is the typical focal point of Waba weeklies, brawl, melee, or brawl+. And what's the turnout like?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
if you guys get enough people u think u might be able to run a tourney? mini though, like $5? should be fun considering some people might be going to winterfest/family/OOS/vacation/whatever for the 19th and the 26th.
I'll be coming, but it'll most likely be late since I gotta help film for a football championship.
What are you majoring/minoring in? Film you say. I have an interest in that. Was wondering if you can give me a few pointers and what not if you are in that field.

DRN

Smash Lord
What game is the typical focal point of Waba weeklies, brawl, melee, or brawl+. And what's the turnout like?
Brawl and Melee are the main games for the monthlys. Brawl+ is a side tourney that only happens when there is enough interest. Turn out for weeklies is usually very low but for monthly's it varies cant give any exact numbers :/

Dyno-If its not round robin i'd love to

bigman40

Smash Master
What are you majoring/minoring in? Film you say. I have an interest in that. Was wondering if you can give me a few pointers and what not if you are in that field.
I'm majoring in electrical engineering technology, and might be minoring in IT or Computer Science. I do filming with my sis since her boyfriend runs a ESPN youth sports thing. Most of the stuff I do you would learn as you get more experience.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Brawl and Melee are the main games for the monthlys. Brawl+ is a side tourney that only happens when there is enough interest. Turn out for weeklies is usually very low but for monthly's it varies cant give any exact numbers :/

Dyno-If its not round robin i'd love to
Enough for friendlies?

I wanna get some good practice in.

DRN

Smash Lord
Enough for friendlies?

I wanna get some good practice in.
Most likely enough for friendlies i havent been to a weekly in a while but im sure a good amount show and is there a chance u can come tmr? Me and a few others are gonna get some training in.

tubes

Smash Ace
I would just ask in this thread if anyone's gonna be there before you go to the weekly. There will usually be a good amount of people there but occasionally there will be a big out of state tourney or something like that and nobody will show up for the weekly. Just ask and you should be fine.

@P3: I actually won't be there tomorrow. I got an practice ACT, a report to write, and finals to study for.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I would just ask in this thread if anyone's gonna be there before you go to the weekly. There will usually be a good amount of people there but occasionally there will be a big out of state tourney or something like that and nobody will show up for the weekly. Just ask and you should be fine.

@P3: I actually won't be there tomorrow. I got an practice ACT, a report to write, and finals to study for.
tubes, we were playing melee last night (not me, but anyway...) and we found this song. it MUST be captain falcon's theme song. i'm going to have it play everytime i see captain playing in a match now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdj2zbMIOqU

Purple

Hi guys!
Munchkin
Star Munchkin
Munchkin Cthulu
Munchkin Blender

WE WILL BE PLAYING DAMMIT

i have reg munchkin, if my friend ethan go, we'll have munckin impossible and you already have munckin cthulu.

@reflex - that's cute. those wings look the same for both characters you must admit.

@umby - come this saturday, we'll play munchkin and eat chinese.

If you guys want to come this saturday we can have the tourney early, or we can have three tournaments, it's whatever goes. remember, this monthly is going alongside winterfest so we'll be missing out on alot of our players on the 19th.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I'm majoring in electrical engineering technology, and might be minoring in IT or Computer Science. I do filming with my sis since her boyfriend runs a ESPN youth sports thing. Most of the stuff I do you would learn as you get more experience.
Sounds exciting filming with ESPN. I greatly enjoy taping school sport events. Im sure its not the same thing as what you do, but i guess what im doing is a start. Do you just film (with film or on tape, i hear film costs a lot) or do you do other things like highlights and stuff.

bigman40

Smash Master
Sounds exciting filming with ESPN. I greatly enjoy taping school sport events. Im sure its not the same thing as what you do, but i guess what im doing is a start. Do you just film (with film or on tape, i hear film costs a lot) or do you do other things like highlights and stuff.
lol. I don't film with ESPN (I wish if I could get that kind of money). It's just similar to ESPN but only applies to youth sports. What you do for your school is similar. I film on tape, and I've done some highlights when I have to cover or my sis boyfriend. If that's what you want to major in, then keep doing it. So you have a backup plan if Filming doesn't work out?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
lol. I don't film with ESPN (I wish if I could get that kind of money). It's just similar to ESPN but only applies to youth sports. What you do for your school is similar. I film on tape, and I've done some highlights when I have to cover or my sis boyfriend. If that's what you want to major in, then keep doing it. So you have a backup plan if Filming doesn't work out?
Oh, i was guessing that ESPN was running a youth program that teaches others how to do things or what it takes. General idea of the whole job. I have not found anything that i would like to call a 'backup plan' but i am thinking about some other fields. Still searching.

DRN

Smash Lord
K i want a headcount for tmr so maybe we can all plan on bring that extra mula
Scatz(later), Jamaal, Turtl, Dynomite, Frozen, Scatt(depends on weathers lol) ArtDude(maybe), Mercy(maybe)
Who else is goin?

bigman40

Smash Master
K i want a headcount for tmr so maybe we can all plan on bring that extra mula
Scatz(later), Jamaal, Turtl, Dynomite, Frozen, Scatt(depends on weathers lol) ArtDude(maybe), Mercy(maybe)
Who else is goin?
Is anyone else coming that you didn't mention? I want to record matches so I can fix some problems that I have.

Top Bottom