• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i have no handle on the Dr. Mario matchup, as the 0-Christmas CG and pills are a hassle...
*whistles innocently and walks out the door*.

Honestly though, after listening to you talk about the roy/peach matchup, i might be able to tell you some things to help you out. >.>

nicaboy

Smash Champion
so ya make new power ranikings
i get an honary mention due to the fact im of mixed decent o and i constantly change my main
dogy gets one for hypeman
marty for beating people with roy

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
Doc is cool in Melee. I'll probably start using him again.
<3 Reflex

Anyways I am thinking about taking myself and some other SC smashers down to GA to play some of you guys. So I am wondering if anyone is willing to host a possible smashfest that we will be able to attend. See SC does not even need a tournament to show GA some love!

HOOK IT UP!!!

tubes

Smash Ace
My knowledge of Street Fighter is limited but from what I know, or at least think I know, you have to be pinned against the wall to get hit by this and Chun-Li has nothing she can use to effectively camp the wall and force you to pin yourself. So its all good right?

In B4 Ken and Ryu can do it.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Even better news is the fact that I thought the game wasn't going to be so infinite friendly due to the gaining meter from being hit aspect, but I found out that the meter you gain from being hit actually scales to the point where it hardly moves. So if you get stick in an infinite, not only will it do 50% before giving you 1 meter, it can definitely do 100% before you get 2. Keep that meter up.

EDIT: Also I'm working on a way to carry it to the corner. If you are two reps from the corner then you can carry them there rather than having them already be there.

Also, I didn't come up with the combo myself, I stole it from some japanese players and changed the setup. For some reason they were using launcher to setup for it, which I just found way too involved to link, so I rerecorded for that, to see how much meter it built for your opponent, and of course, to listen to TI while watching people get infinited.

chaddd

Smash Lord
yup tvc aint no joke
Man I love shoryuken. I honestly can't stand those forums anymore. I post the video and they were like OMFG YOU FAGGOT YOU DIDNT MAKE THAT COMBO UP STOP TRYING TO STEAL CREDIT.

Like...**** guys. I didn't realize this game was a race to get sh*t named after you.

Who all remembers who invented the waveshine? Because I don't. And I also don't care.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Man I love shoryuken. I honestly can't stand those forums anymore. I post the video and they were like OMFG YOU FAGGOT YOU DIDNT MAKE THAT COMBO UP STOP TRYING TO STEAL CREDIT.

Like...**** guys. I didn't realize this game was a race to get sh*t named after you.

Who all remembers who invented the waveshine? Because I don't. And I also don't care.
lol i dont but honestly man who cares
really just do good in tourneys and you will get all sort of respect you should know better than me :laugh: but hey man we should play some time i played with some of the guys from srk and i gotta say you are way ahead than everyone at the momment. no worries i just need more time i plan on playing tvc mad hard and looks like your no differnet good ****

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL

I already settled it with Marty (he does have my Wii after all), but when I get back to GA (the night of the first) You and Marty are giving me a TvC 101 class for a while.

Can't wait to be stupid florida Falco aggro with Rockman XD

Short Hop Rock Blaster FTW.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I already settled it with Marty (he does have my Wii after all), but when I get back to GA (the night of the first) You and Marty are giving me a TvC 101 class for a while.

Can't wait to be stupid florida Falco aggro with Rockman XD

Short Hop Rock Blaster FTW.
finaly something i can beat you in over and over again xD

XIF

Smash Master
Mofo did, I believe. I know he invented the flatland infinites.

Lol useless smash history. <3 Georgia.

<3333333 Chaddd and Xiffers
mofo came into the smash scene after I did, and waveshining was all the rage back then.

Mike G would probably tell you some member from DA did, like how DA Dave came up with SHLs.

No one really came up with it and broke the news, it just happened, like wavedashing. Bunch of people at the same time exploring the game.

PS to Chaddd: what the heck is up with the stun time with the forward medium?!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
TvC is. So. Good. Sorry GA but you cats are done for once I break Morrigan some more and Casshern. Now where to start....
holy ****, i think everyone from Georgia has said "Sorry State but I'm going to be the best" or "Finally I am going to beat you all" or something. Just play the game lol.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
holy ****, i think everyone from Georgia has said "Sorry State but I'm going to be the best" or "Finally I am going to beat you all" or something. Just play the game lol.
Wait a few days. when Chaddd, Marty, XIF and myself show up to tournaments and start breaking feet off in ***** youll know why. Breaking away from the smash scene is one of the best things people can do for themselves.

chaddd

Smash Lord
In my defense, I invented an infinite 5 days after the game came out in a country that's a 16 hour flight away.

Plus I'm already number 1 in Ga in Smash, so

"Sorry State but I'm going to be the best" or "Finally I am going to beat you all" or something.
Nothing's changed.

To Mars: Hell yeah.

To XIF: I dunno, man, it's a hell of a medium though.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i'm pumped so far for TvC, man. btw. i have fallen for Doronjo. once i get a good partner for her, it's over, for my secondary team will be completed. Chun and Ken are already busted.

chaddd

Smash Lord
i'm pumped so far for TvC, man. btw. i have fallen for Doronjo. once i get a good partner for her, it's over, for my secondary team will be completed. Chun and Ken are already busted.
My team is random select. I'm not f*cking around this time around.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
lol eddie likes the big fat guy.

I need a secondary though.

GA has some diverse teams outside of everybody playing Rockman

btw I play rockman

Also i'm quite awful at consistency with command inputs. I can chalk up maybe 30% of it to johns (the gamecube's Dpad isn't the best one I've used, definitely better than any iteration of the xbox) but even if i practice inputs i've never been able to do them consistently. Do I just need more practice?

chaddd

Smash Lord

btw I play rockman

Also i'm quite awful at consistency with command inputs. I can chalk up maybe 30% of it to johns (the gamecube's Dpad isn't the best one I've used, definitely better than any iteration of the xbox) but even if i practice inputs i've never been able to do them consistently. Do I just need more practice?
No one will ever have a better Megaman than me.

=PPPPPPPPPPPPP

Edit, the fat dude is good. So is everybody. Just have to play them right.

XIF

Smash Master

btw I play rockman

What i'll prolly do is buy the SNES shaped gamecube pad for TvC, I think Waba has a couple. It's exactly exactly like an original SNES pad except for the extra right shoulder trigger (Z) and the Gamecube layout for ABXY

GA Peach

Smash Lord
sleepy, the key to execution, like in smash, is drilling it and practicing it until you can do it reflexively. you just have to train it a lot. using a GCN controller really doesn't help, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom