• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i've had trouble with command inputs since i was a wee lad with a snes controller though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
sleepy, the key to execution, like in smash, is drilling it and practicing it until you can do it reflexively. you just have to train it a lot. using a GCN controller really doesn't help, though...
Is there any "decent" alternative to the 'Cube controller that isn't an arcade stick?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Is there any "decent" alternative to the 'Cube controller that isn't an arcade stick?
although stick would be the best option, chad and i both like the Wii classic controller a lot. gives you decent control, and the pad is softer, so it's easier on the hands.

@Sleepy - i bet you don't practice it that much, though. if you play 2D fighters as much as you do smash, you'll get it no problem.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
#1 I love how everyone has changed their avatar to their favorite TvC character.

And The best pad IMO is the plasystation (PSX pad, not dualshock, not dualshock 2) pad+gc converter. Second goes to Classic controller. Third to Dualshock 2.

Execution is easier on pad depending on the situation. Stick makes other things easier. Two words: Button layout.

Sleepy dont THINK about command inputs. Just do them over and over like Marty said. I dont mean to ride my own **** but has anyone seen how fast my 360s and 540s come out with Hugo? I do them so fast that I can do them on the ground and end up missing grab supers because my opponent is still in hitstun. Basically you just practice and practice and practice. When you get it right, do it faster. When you can do it faster, do it even faster. And do it until instead of thinking ah snaps I gotta CR. LK LK+Psylocke scj. LK LK AD/DF LK LK just do the setup. Its easier when you arent focused on the attack and you can depend on your hands/brain to do the work for you. That allows you to free your mind to prepare for the next installment of *** whoopin you would like to dish.

LOL @ Europe.
This is their best player. Losing 200 dollars to That Justin fellow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDfC5ioO4TI&feature=related

SleepyK

Justin Wongfellow, Destroyer of europe.

Also I remember sitting down and practicing hadokens with ryu like every day on the snes as a kid

didn't work

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
mars, was that from that tourney where they had the banners all over the net and one of the dumbest lookin pics of jwong ever? I think it was. Man i wish i'da saved that banner.

Sleepy, how the **** can you do the super saijin edgehog, and you cant do ****ing hadokens. XD

Smooth, blahblahblah....tidal wave! blahblahblah.... tidal wave! blahblahblah...tidal wave! blahblahblah... tidal wave! IM SO GUNNA MAKE YOU... blahblahblah.... SEE, WE DONT NEED MORE OF THAT. SHE'S TOO GOOD.

chaddd

Smash Lord
#1 I love how everyone has changed their avatar to their favorite TvC character.
Fuck that, Hendrix for life, son.

Oh, and me and my associate are now in the process of making custom arcade sticks for all willing to pay for our services. So ask about me. We're going to try and get a site up soon and making these sh*ts professionally. I can now wire a stick so that it is almost guaranteed never to malfunction or break.

The almost is definitely subject to how fucking insane you are, though.

If Rockman really is like Melee Falco, then sorry. I'm from Florida, we have all Falco characters on copyright.
I have a Vs game legacy to live up to and still maintain that I was at one point among the best in my State in Marvel 2, so no contest at all, sir. Remember, Melee doesn't require you to cancel anything with a fireball motion.

Shit, I invented the Mega Man infinite already, that's all I need to say.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL

Oh, and me and my associate are now in the process of making custom arcade sticks for all willing to pay for our services. So ask about me. We're going to try and get a site up soon and making these sh*ts professionally. I can now wire a stick so that it is almost guaranteed never to malfunction or break.

I have a Vs game legacy to live up to and still maintain that I was at one point among the best in my State in Marvel 2, so no contest at all, sir. Remember, Melee doesn't require you to cancel anything with a fireball motion.

Shit, I invented the Mega Man infinite already, that's all I need to say.
ok. <_<

I'm still gonna play everyone, I may not even like rockman that much considering I haven't played the game yet.

It's still Florida.

chaddd

Smash Lord
ok. <_<

I'm still gonna play everyone, I may not even like rockman that much considering I haven't played the game yet.

It's still Florida.
You HAVE to like him. He's definitely among the top 3 tier, IMO.

SleepyK

chaddd, you should talk to joel and get like a dual company going on.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That sounds really nice, actually; I'll probably have to take you up on that sometime soon, when I actually have money. D:

I played the game yesterday. I really like it, and I think it has lots of potential (not that I can tell, as I'm just an outsider, but, eh).

I was playing with Viewtiful Joe/Rockman. I really like Joe.

EDIT FOR SADNESS: I just found out that Viewtiful Joe is Wii-exclusive. I'm not going to be able to use him in tournaments now, am I?

PB&J

Smash Hero
they do have a wii stick whick is pointless ..just get a ps2 stick and converter and u can use it for ever other fighting game

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And you're going to buy the arcade version then?
No, I'm going to attempt to pirate the Wii version and hope that Joe isn't banned in tournaments in an attempt to make the tournaments run "arcade-perfect" like they tend to do, if I recall correctly.

SleepyK

Once again, you could probably also get your local 2d fighting community to make you a stick for cheaper and/or better quality.
I read an article that Joe wasn't really wii exclusive - he'd be unblocked on cabs after a set period of time or something.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Once again, you could probably also get your local 2d fighting community to make you a stick for cheaper and/or better quality.
I read an article that Joe wasn't really wii exclusive - he'd be unblocked on cabs after a set period of time or something.
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frames

DI
the only stick i know of is the atari 2600

old school baby

edit - mars do they got a thing that's atari to wii? cause u haven't seen real fighting until u see me with one button and a stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom