• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
One of Geno's taunts should be to turn himself into a scarecrow. There's nothing more disrespectful than landing the kill, then hearing that "poof" and seeing Geno turn into a scarecrow in a puff of smoke. I'd play Arenas all day just to spam that puppy.
This would be the closest we'd ever get to having a T-pose taunt in Smash and I now desire this.

I really hope we don't have to wait until near the end of June for updates.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I didnt once see any Sora or Steve fans antagonizing us FE fans so idk what you are on about
I was referring to Hero/Dragon Quest specifically. I said nothing about FE. Besides, I didn't exclusively say those two groups. They just were the most vocal when it came to being upset over Hero/Banjo during E3. The peak of H*es M*d posting.

It shouldn't matter who is behind it. The take away is h*es m*d posting is wrong and only hurts/divide the Smash Community further.

Last edited:

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
Yeah, it's a great feeling to see long-time fan requests getting fulfilled. Going back to older threads, you can see the exact point in the Direct where a character was revealed at the end, and it paints a picture of how happy people are to see them in action after so many years of support:

https://smashboards.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-social-thread-project-dream-come-true.446558/page-643
https://smashboards.com/threads/lower-norfair.446392/page-86
https://smashboards.com/threads/kin...roats-this-is-our-finest-hour.446401/page-169

I can't wait for the Geno thread to have that moment.

Looking at reactions like those is what makes me happy about smash spec, Especially long time requested characters, You get to see a burst of hype and joy after waiting for so long, this is possibly one of many reasons on why i want geno.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I was referring to Hero/Dragon Quest specifically. I said nothing about FE. Besides, I didn't exclusively say those two groups. They just were the most vocal when it came to being upset over Hero/Banjo during E3. The peak of H*es M*d posting.

It shouldn't matter who is behind it. The take away is h*es m*d posting is wrong and only hurts/divide the Smash Community further.
Then I must of read it all wrong but again, I didnt see any sora fans or steve fan upset but maybe I didnt look in the right places

ill gladly go hoes mad to people who come at me but I wont do it if you didnt do anything to me. Other then my policy of treating others the way they treat you, yeah id say its pretty bad when its done just to pick at others

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I just realized we might not get a Nintendo NY store live Geno reaction because of all the riots happening and the front glass being broken. If they are even open....

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I guess as something that potentially hasn’t been discussed (I dunno can’t be bothered to look through all 2764 pages), there are actually a couple official remixes of Mario RPG songs. Specifically Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms and Goodbye Geno. Both of which were made for the album memória - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura back in 2014.

I dunno. Just wanted to see how many people were aware of these.

Firox

Smash Master
I just realized we might not get a Nintendo NY store live Geno reaction because of all the riots happening and the front glass being broken. If they are even open....
Wait, did they break all the glass?! C'mon, people, is nothing sacred??!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Y'know I wonder how many kids would play a remake/remaster of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars on Switch and not realize it's a remake/remaster.

It's certainly possible. I played Donkey Kong Country on the GBA and didn't realize it was a port until years later.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Y'know I wonder how many kids would play a remake/remaster of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars on Switch and not realize it's a remake/remaster.

It's certainly possible. I played Donkey Kong Country on the GBA and didn't realize it was a port until years later.
I didn't know Nightmare in Dreamland was a remake of Adventure for the longest time as well. It wasn't until I literally bought it on the VC that I put two and two together.

And I think that honestly depends on how much they "modernize" it.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I understand where you are coming from. I think that is the point of why I want it dead. Not a single person who passionately enjoys these characters deserves that kind of treatment and harassment. I already made my position on Byleth public as I came out of it really happy and optimistic.

I wasn't aware H*es M*d was a Fire Emblem thing. IIRC I swear it started with Erdrick/Hero mainly. And it wasn't even Geno fans that were going around harassing franchises like Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem. It was mainly the entire community. Sora fans, Steve fans, Western fans were all if not more involved. The closest examples were Geno fans expressing disappointment over Dragon Quest's inclusion because it spelt what we thought was the ultimate ending for Geno's chances. This trend has continued with every character announcement and it gets really frustrating seeing Geno fans false flagged or taking the blame from another fanbases' saltiness. (Especially with Terry and ARMS which we had nothing to do with)

I can at least stay on the same page I am not going to be disappointed if I find people who are upset or annoyed with Geno getting in. We had to endure that kind of nonsense for almost two decades at this point. But I am most certainly not going to keep h*es m*d a float.

H*es M*d is going to die if our character is reveal. We are better than that and I hope you all have that same motivation to put it down for good.
I'm definitely aware it's not just Geno fans. I wasn't accusing this fanbase specifically. I just mentioned Geno because people happened to be saying it in this thread and it strikes me as a bit of a double standard because Geno's probably going to get a decent amount of hate and I don't think anyone here is going to have a problem with Geno fans standing up for themselves. Personally I think if the hate gets too bad, hoes mad memes are a relatively good way to deal with it because it's not hateful and it keeps you from getting involved in a flame war while also not feeling like you can't defend yourself.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
As far as this discussion about these other 4 character slots go, maybe it would be good to look at echo fighters being part of certain packs.

Just for example, if the ARMS character is Spring Man (as unlikely as it seems right now) then Ribbon Girl could packed in as a direct echo.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not sure if this got mentioned here but all those Amazon France Switch game listings got taken down except the four Nintendo ones. Makes me think that the third party stuff wasn't supposed to come out and the Nintendo ones are probably the ones that have been hinted to death at this point. I don't think the four Nintendo ones are an exhaustive list either because Nintendo's pretty good at not letting game listings out early.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Gee, Nintendo of America hasn't given a lot of video game updates on their Twitter, lately. Maybe it's because of current events? Whatever the case, I hope this doesn't mean a delay next week.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Gee, Nintendo of America hasn't given a lot of video game updates on their Twitter, lately. Maybe it's because of current events? Whatever the case, I hope this doesn't mean a delay next week.
I think it's a solidarity thing. Sony said they wouldn't release any major news today because of George Floyd's memorial and, given Nintendo's statement on black lives matter, they're likely following suit.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think it's a solidarity thing. Sony said they wouldn't release any major news today because of George Floyd's memorial and, given Nintendo's statement on black lives matter, they're likely following suit.
So a moment of silence? Maybe that is why the thing Zippo talked about was not shown today.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
TBH if Waluigi isn't a bonus character, idk who the hell would be at this point.
My guess would be Porky, but who knows? No I didn't just dig this up from a couple pages ago, I'm catching up lol.
Does anyone think they’ll carry on the trend of the first pass.

Joker was shadow dropped with no trailer

Then banjo and hero got trailers

Then Terry was Shadow dropped with no trailer

And then Byleth got a trailer.

Now we’re in the second pass and the arms rep was shadow dropped.

Does anyone think 2 and 3 will get trailers with 4 being shadow dropped and 5 getting a trailer and 6 getting shadow dropped.
I think it already broke the pattern since ARMS doesn't match up with Piranha Plant or if you do line it up with Joker then you have an extra character at the end with no clear pattern. I think there may be some kind of pattern with order of first party vs third party but even that I'm not too sure about. I really just think FP2 will have similarities but still set itself apart from FP1 which it could already be doing if the ARMS character is a promotion.
Maybe not a NEW game mode, but they could add to existing ones. Not sure how but I can see that
That's a really good point. I would love if they added more options/modes to arenas. Sakurai would technically be telling the truth while we still get exciting new content.

Other thoughts: it's nice to hear Fatman's thoughts on Ubisoft. I would definitely consider Rayman as one of the better candidates for a full part of the pass but I would definitely take him as a bonus character. But I could also just see him being a character later in the pass considering timing if things do drag out. I'm still not confident in him tho.

I do wonder if we might just get ARMS in June and that's it. I think it's more likely we will get ARMS and 7. Maybe 8 or a bonus if they're happening and we're really lucky but I doubt it. It would be pretty awful to not at least get another half reveal.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Guys. It's Thursday night. We're now very very likely < a week from seeing the Smash stuff. This is very excite.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys. It's Thursday night. We're now very very likely < a week from seeing the Smash stuff. This is very excite.
It's really wild to think about. Not only the Smash stuff but some of the other things that are probably coming. It's funny because everything points to Nintendo wanting E3 2020 to be one for the books but then, come June 2020, we're in the middle of a global pandemic, global depression, and massive civil unrest in many countries around the world. Let's just say that bar is set at literal historic lows for Nintendo to blow us out of the water and likely to be one we remember for the rest of our lives. The fact that Geno could be a part of this is really something else.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Guys HE IS IN and nobody can say somethingView attachment 273777
DUUUUUUUUDE I actually wrote that, as Franco Geno Franco Geno , OffBi OffBi and Lord Woomy Lord Woomy can vouch for! lmao. I saw that 4chan thread shared on Discord and decided to give a little bit of hope and positivity to our cause, by bringing up some of the major points in favor of Geno. Arguing with 4channers is a fool's errand, so I only left that one post, though. I'm glad to see it shared around here!

As I said in it, WE IN THIS LADS

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
It's really wild to think about. Not only the Smash stuff but some of the other things that are probably coming. It's funny because everything points to Nintendo wanting E3 2020 to be one for the books but then, come June 2020, we're in the middle of a global pandemic, global depression, and massive civil unrest in many countries around the world. Let's just say that bar is set at literal historic lows for Nintendo to blow us out of the water and likely to be one we remember for the rest of our lives. The fact that Geno could be a part of this is really something else.
do you think the announcement is going to be delayed?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The more I think about it the more I think Geno can't not be in. People complain about shills and marketing, but Ultimate has been primarily about fanservice. We already got Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo. This is the game where the never evers get their chance. Geno wasn't even the least likely of the 4 going in. Sakurai straight up said Ridley wouldn't work and Banjo was owned by a competitor. Compared to that kind of stuff, Geno's hurdles seem miniscule. I just really have a hard time believing Sakurai would go to such great lengths to add Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo, purely due to fan demand, and then just say "nah" to Geno for some reason. It's the exact same situation as those three and they need a fanservice character for FP2. He's coming.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The more I think about it the more I think Geno can't not be in. People complain about shills and marketing, but Ultimate has been primarily about fanservice. We already got Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo. This is the game where the never evers get their chance. Geno wasn't even the least likely of the 4 going in. Sakurai straight up said Ridley wouldn't work and Banjo was owned by a competitor. Compared to that kind of stuff, Geno's hurdles seem miniscule. I just really have a hard time believing Sakurai would go to such great lengths to add Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo, purely due to fan demand, and then just say "nah" to Geno for some reason. It's the exact same situation as those three and they need a fanservice character for FP2. He's coming.
Points to a more of a Nintendo and Square issue. Can both or either get over their pass issues? Lately, their relationship has warmed up considerably.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
That's true but what Banjo's sakurai said is that the Rare characters were difficult to get due to legal and financial problems (And he said that months before the purchase of Rare by microsoft) but it still works, since I saw Malo Mart's post in 4Chan I'm sure Geno will be in
DUUUUUUUUDE I actually wrote that, as Franco Geno Franco Geno , OffBi OffBi and Lord Woomy Lord Woomy can vouch for! lmao. I saw that 4chan thread shared on Discord and decided to give a little bit of hope and positivity to our cause, by bringing up some of the major points in favor of Geno. Arguing with 4channers is a fool's errand, so I only left that one post, though. I'm glad to see it shared around here!

As I said in it, WE IN THIS LADS
Oh i have no idea, but now i am 100% confident about Geno coming. Thank you

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Geno's trailer will reenact his awakening scene but instead of dolls its 4 Miis in costumes sitting on the floor, one being the Geno costume. Then a star hovers over it, screens goes white and then

'Geno Beams Down!'

link2702

Smash Champion
Geno's trailer will reenact his awakening scene but instead of dolls its 4 Miis in costumes sitting on the floor, one being the Geno costume. Then a star hovers over it, screens goes white and then

'Geno Beams Down!'
it's certainly a new idea for geno's trailer that I never thought of. One of those that make it obvious from the start, but still call back to his game enough to hit the nostalgia for fans.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's a great feeling to see long-time fan requests getting fulfilled. Going back to older threads, you can see the exact point in the Direct where a character was revealed at the end, and it paints a picture of how happy people are to see them in action after so many years of support:

https://smashboards.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-social-thread-project-dream-come-true.446558/page-643
https://smashboards.com/threads/kin...roats-this-is-our-finest-hour.446401/page-169

It’s gonna be incredible if we get one of these

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

Personal Story Time: The only thing that makes me sad about this year's "E3" is that I will not be able to watch it together with my college friends, specially with how crazy the announcements this year would be. Being in a room with 30 other people watching Nintendo's E3 presentation last year was one of my favorite memories of all my life (when more than 5 people in your room are able to guess Panzer Dragoon 5 seconds in, you know you are part of a game-centric degree and it's awesome). One of the highlights was Banjo's reveal: After Hero's reveal, I was saying: "Guys, Banjo's still coming up", but we all were skeptical. But then, during the trailer, when his sillouette appeared, the video froze. we were really happy. However, because of the 45 delay caused by the freeze, a friend of someone spoiled via text that the last announcement was Breath of the Wild 2, which lost a little of the surprise, but it was still hype for all of us. I wish I could do the same with Geno and whatever else was revealed this year, but being safe is more important right now, especially living in the epicenter of this pandemic.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion

Waiting and waiting and waiting....the waiting around is what's driving me crazy....

Tomorrow? Saturday? Sunday? Or next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom