• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
As a community leader, I am already planning a counter measure to crush H*es M*d in the event Geno makes the roster.
I will personally delete the save data for Smash Ultimate off the Switch of any person in this thread who unironically utters "hoes mad" after Geno gets in.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, h*es will be mad, of course, but let us not pick on them or say that line to them if Geno gets in.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Well, h*es will be mad, of course, but let us not pick on them or say that line to them if Geno gets in.
The entire idea of h*es m*d is to instigate and only further divide anyone who might not be happy with the character or the pick.

I think Geno is more about uniting others and I feel like it would be poetic to have him destroy the h*es m*d narrative.

I am going with 'Very Cool' posting because Geno getting into Smash would be 'Very Cool' indeed.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
As a community leader, I am already planning a counter measure to crush H*es M*d in the event Geno makes the roster.
Should that day come, HOES MAD will hereby be replaced with SMITHY GANG ****TER SHATTERED!!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I know this is the Geno thread, but quick tangent while we are on the topic of Waluigi. As you can tell from my signature, Waluigi is another character I would really love to see in Smash. One thing I can't stand, however, is when people say the fans only want Waluigi for the memes and we aren't actually sincere. I have always loved Waluigi as a character, thought he would make for an interesting fighter, and that is why I want to see him included. People constantly say all Waluigi fans are bad despite only two people harassing Sakurai, and I just don't think that is fair.

While I don't think Waluigi is getting in beyond being a bonus, I am still hoping he gets included.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The entire idea of h*es m*d is to instigate and only further divide anyone who might not be happy with the character or the pick.

I think Geno is more about uniting others and I feel like it would be poetic to have him destroy the h*es m*d narrative.

I am going with 'Very Cool' posting because Geno getting into Smash would be 'Very Cool' indeed.
Yeah, I was basically trying to say we shouldn't instigate and divide the haters, especially with the h*es m*d thing.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Personally I’m in the belief of the best revenge is living well. So IF Geno makes it, if, I won’t be posting things like that. It’s all about the higher ground. Again, IF Geno makes it.

On a side note, if anyone makes a censored collage of anti Geno comments and whatnot, I would like to have it IF Geno makes it in. It would be nifty to have saved somewhere.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
The best revenge is the save file "VICTORY" I'll be playing if he's announced.

QQS

Smash Lord
Guys, I was playing Smash, like almost all days online in this Quarantine with my friends, and I can’t believe the ILLUSION that we could be seeing Geno reveal in less than 10 days and the HOPE of seeing him added to the roster and playing as him.

I wouldn’t have words to describe how beautiful that will be. Also cause I don’t have a native English hahaha. Anyway, seeing Geno getting added after so much discussion, demand, ideas, wishes and previous disappointments; it will be priceless.

Can’t believe this may come to and end very soon, it felt like a tunnel without an ending. I believe you understand me 100% cause everyone here share the same passion.

Geno follows Smash Route!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's a fuzzy road considering Nintendo didn't take this down:

This was widespread and they didn't do anything about it.

Honestly, the only leak I think Nintendo directly took care of in regards to Smash Ultimate was Byleth's original VA, Christ Niosi, bragging about being chosen as the voice for Byleth in Three Houses. He mentioned something about being in Smash if Byleth makes the cut and BAM, he got replaced. I think Nintendo counted that as breaking NDA, and may have been the true reason they recast the character. Apparently it was claimed that he broke NDA by announcing that he voiced the character in Three Houses before the game launched, but that seems fishy to me.

I, however, choose to believe he broke NDA (for Smash). Because, as we all know, Byleth did make the cut and probably already had his lines recorded before then.
If I recall correctly they recast him because there were some serious allegations against him and they didn't want to be associated with that. If it was just breaking NDA they'd have sued him, not spent extra money to do the lines over again with someone else while bringing no charges against him.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I remember people in here once discussing something about a Pikmin Randomizer hack - or at least, it was brought up before.

Well, this isn’t that, but if y’all love Pikmin and fanmade hack stuffs, the Pikmin 251 hack for Pikmin 2 is worth a try. Adds a new story and other stuff, and is somewhat more difficult than Pikmin 2. Now, there’s nothing really Geno or SMRPG-related in this hack, at least not that I have found yet...except, HOWEVER, if you get to the final area after completing the debt, a familiar tune will play while you explore and get mauled by the local fauna...

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
My quick 2 cents in CM (I swear I'm not gonna spend too long on it , don't want to start any war) :

-I honestly think it's another Grinch situation. Not in the sense that it's fake , rather that we're at a point where there is no hard evidence saying it's fake , and there is that doubt about it being real. We need to wait for an official confirmation/deconfirmation.

Honestly , I find the Cobalt takedown more interesting. Remember that it's the only big Brawl mod pack that include a fully and polished playable Geno. (Infinite doesn't count lol) Of course there is also like , Metal Sonic and Waluigi (?) too. But after what they did with the Metroid 2 remake , it's worth noting.

Then again , they also took down a youtube fake KOS-MOS leak , and an HD Mario 64 mod. (Granted for the latter , it's making one of their most well know product free , and giving a better alternative that would attract consummers.) And NOTHING happened out of it. Nintendo is weird at times.

---

Hard agree.

There is no point in taunting others for characters addition. And tbh , It already took me like , a month to realize that , YES , Banjo and Kazooie are playable characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
So if Geno gets in... It's going to take me a while to settle the fact that yes , my dumb gun pinochio star man is in Super Smash Bros.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I want Geno to come with some sort of item that can temporarily turn you into a scarecrow, as a brief status effect similar to being buried.

Also, did we lose a page, or am I just tired?

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
If Geno gets in, i hope he can not only rep the original SMRPG but also all of Mario's different rpg spin-offs, like Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario.

Getting new tracks from this side of the Mario franchise would be incredible.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here is all the info View attachment 273680

I think rex is another option
I'm glad you brought this up in regards to Waluigi. I mentioned this on Discord back in March:

Screenshot_20200327-223154.png

And this was backed up by another one of my connections in January. I already shared this screenshot with you all in March on Discord because I was sure people here would throw a baby piss fit about it but I wanted to bring it up again:

Screenshot_20200404-200336~2.png

I bring this up because I've never seen the message where the person talks about how they aren't exactly thrilled about Waluigi and that may have been why their research concluded ARMS and "another first party." I want to re-emphasize that insiders have their own bias too and honestly a big reason why accepting Hero was basically a three month process of the evidence getting so heavy that it just made me look bad to deny him coming at all. It's also funny because, even in my six predictions, there's plenty of insiders that hate even the most popular ones like Dante and Crash so I just wanted to point out that insiders are people just like everyone else.

MattX20

Smash Hero
In just 1 week potentially at the latest, we'll have the answers we seek. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm glad you brought this up in regards to Waluigi. I mentioned this on Discord back in March:

View attachment 273711

And this was backed up by another one of my connections in January. I already shared this screenshot with you all in March on Discord because I was sure people here would throw a baby piss fit about it but I wanted to bring it up again:

View attachment 273712

I bring this up because I've never seen the message where the person talks about how they aren't exactly thrilled about Waluigi and that may have been why their research concluded ARMS and "another first party." I want to re-emphasize that insiders have their own bias too and honestly a big reason why accepting Hero was basically a three month process of the evidence getting so heavy that it just made me look bad to deny him coming at all. It's also funny because, even in my six predictions, there's plenty of insiders that hate even the most popular ones like Dante and Crash so I just wanted to point out that insiders are people just like everyone else.
How interesting. So you aren't the only one who's considered Lolo and Lala? Not gonna lie, the retconned Kirby characters would be an ironic twist.

Sakurai: "We know you wanted a Kirby rep but I didn't want to do something that was from a game I didn't make, so have Lolo and Lala from Eggerland. We'll just call them Lololo and Lalala though, because suck eggs, I guess."

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Guys, I was playing Smash, like almost all days online in this Quarantine with my friends, and I can’t believe the ILLUSION that we could be seeing Geno reveal in less than 10 days and the HOPE of seeing him added to the roster and playing as him.

I wouldn’t have words to describe how beautiful that will be. Also cause I don’t have a native English hahaha. Anyway, seeing Geno getting added after so much discussion, demand, ideas, wishes and previous disappointments; it will be priceless.

Can’t believe this may come to and end very soon, it felt like a tunnel without an ending. I believe you understand me 100% cause everyone here share the same passion.

Geno follows Smash Route!
I got to say, I always like your upbeat and cheerful attitude.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How interesting. So you aren't the only one who's considered Lolo and Lala? Not gonna lie, the retconned Kirby characters would be an ironic twist.

Sakurai: "We know you wanted a Kirby rep but I didn't want to do something that was from a game I didn't make, so have Lolo and Lala from Eggerland. We'll just call them Lololo and Lalala though, because suck eggs, I guess."
This was part of a conversation we were having about the "tribute" rumors that came out of Japan in late 2019 and we agreed on who we thought that would imply. This said, there's decent amount of talk amongst insiders about at least two bonus characters, arguably three depending on who you ask. I say this because Sora's... Sora. It always gets super opinionated and heated. Basically it's agreed that there's decent evidence that Nintendo at least tried to get Sora but nobody knows definitively if they were successful. I feel like the evidence points to no, others say yes. It's that sort of thing. Dante and Microsoft rep discussions are honestly like this too: there's definitely enough to suggest that these were taken seriously but the end result isn't totally known and most people tend to go based on whether they want the characters or not. Ironically, I don't want Master Chief or Dante but I think they're both pretty likely at this point based on everything I've heard.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly as we wait for June, I am kinda running out of things to talk about. All we can do now is wait a week until we finally get our answers.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Honestly as we wait for June, I am kinda running out of things to talk about. All we can do now is wait a week until we finally get our answers.
Well, the only thing we are promised is the ARMS character so we may not get our answers then, even less likely to apart from ARMS if it's similar in format to the Samurai showcases, which, admittedly is likely the most probable scenario. If we do get a reveal that just entails whether it's Geno or not

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Well, the only thing we are promised is the ARMS character so we may not get our answers then, even less likely to apart from ARMS if it's similar in format to the Samurai showcases, which, admittedly is likely the most probable scenario. If we do get a reveal that just entails whether it's Geno or not
Yeah true. A week is just my best guess for when we will see the character + reveal of CP7 but it could really be anytime this month

MattX20

Smash Hero
This was part of a conversation we were having about the "tribute" rumors that came out of Japan in late 2019 and we agreed on who we thought that would imply. This said, there's decent amount of talk amongst insiders about at least two bonus characters, arguably three depending on who you ask. I say this because Sora's... Sora. It always gets super opinionated and heated. Basically it's agreed that there's decent evidence that Nintendo at least tried to get Sora but nobody knows definitively if they were successful. I feel like the evidence points to no, others say yes. It's that sort of thing. Dante and Microsoft rep discussions are honestly like this too: there's definitely enough to suggest that these were taken seriously but the end result isn't totally known and most people tend to go based on whether they want the characters or not. Ironically, I don't want Master Chief or Dante but I think they're both pretty likely at this point based on everything I've heard.
Ubisoft and indie companies like Wayforward I'm guessing haven't been heard as much or discussed as seriously?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So, you're thinking Waluigi, Lolo (and maybe Lala too), and one other? I think you've mentioned this third one, I can't remember. Any chance for my boi Sylux as a bonus or is he too busy hunting the Federation for that?

Having Geno and Sylux together would be a dream, man.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Does anyone think they’ll carry on the trend of the first pass.

Joker was shadow dropped with no trailer

Then banjo and hero got trailers

Then Terry was Shadow dropped with no trailer

And then Byleth got a trailer.

Now we’re in the second pass and the arms rep was shadow dropped.

Does anyone think 2 and 3 will get trailers with 4 being shadow dropped and 5 getting a trailer and 6 getting shadow dropped.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
The last pass surprised us to h*** and back.
Exactly, which is why it's more likely Nintendo will go with the FPS icon and fighting game legend that was initially impossible for Smash, as opposed to combo-based swordsman #33 and slower Hero with an uglier color palette.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Does anyone think they’ll carry on the trend of the first pass.

Joker was shadow dropped with no trailer

Then banjo and hero got trailers

Then Terry was Shadow dropped with no trailer

And then Byleth got a trailer.

Now we’re in the second pass and the arms rep was shadow dropped.

Does anyone think 2 and 3 will get trailers with 4 being shadow dropped and 5 getting a trailer and 6 getting shadow dropped.
When it comes to Smash Bros and patterns, it's difficult to say

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, you're thinking Waluigi, Lolo (and maybe Lala too), and one other? I think you've mentioned this third one, I can't remember. Any chance for my boi Sylux as a bonus or is he too busy hunting the Federation for that?

Having Geno and Sylux together would be a dream, man.
My current thoughts are that we're getting at least two but no more than four because, like I've shared, the game ****s itself and dies if you try to force more characters than this into the game. Current thoughts are one in the first half and one in the second. Once again, I had a very interesting conversation with someone on Discord about timing and bonus characters yesterday. We've determined that the gaps have averaged about two months between characters so why the hell did Sakurai put December 2021 as a deadline? One suggestion was that it was a loose deadline but then we noticed something with the Fighter's Pass: it's deadline was February 2020. Now watch what happens...

Fighter's Pass technically launched February 2019 and ended super close to February 2020 about a year's time aka 12 months. 12 months for the release of 6 characters. Let's extend this idea...

We have decent evidence that Season 2 was supposed to start in April 2020.

April 2020 - December 2021 = 20 months

20/2 = 10.

This is maybe a theoretical timeline to complete and release not 6 characters but 10 but, as this thread and others have shown, that's hotly debated. Either way, it's an interesting coincidence.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
You know , one thing I see rarely get brought up is how people like to play SMRPG.

It may seem silly , but I find the game pretty flexible in term of how you want to play it. You can totally stick to a party of 3 characters and leave the 2 others to collect the dust , you can only upgrade one stat... Or heck , with "The Hammer from Seaside Town TM" , you could technically do a level 3 run.
For more infos on that hammer :

I personnaly played through the game two times , once normally (Using all party members , taking my time , all of that) , and once with a Mario/Mallow/Geno run.

Firox

Smash Master
I want Geno to come with some sort of item that can temporarily turn you into a scarecrow, as a brief status effect similar to being buried.

Also, did we lose a page, or am I just tired?
One of Geno's taunts should be to turn himself into a scarecrow. There's nothing more disrespectful than landing the kill, then hearing that "poof" and seeing Geno turn into a scarecrow in a puff of smoke. I'd play Arenas all day just to spam that puppy.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
You know , one thing I see rarely get brought up is how people like to play SMRPG.

It may seem silly , but I find the game pretty flexible in term of how you want to play it. You can totally stick to a party of 3 characters and leave the 2 others to collect the dust , you can only upgrade one stat... Or heck , with "The Hammer from Seaside Town TM" , you could technically do a level 3 run.

I personnaly played through the game two times , once normally (Using all party members , taking my time , all of that) , and once with a Mario/Mallow/Geno run.
Oh yeah true. My party usually consists of Mario [obviously], Geno, and sometimes I change between Bowser or Peach. I rarely ever use Mallow just because he is so darn weak and I always feel like I win battles more quicker with everyone else.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Oh yeah true. My party usually consists of Mario [obviously], Geno, and sometimes I change between Bowser or Peach. I rarely ever use Mallow just because he is so darn weak and I always feel like I win battles more quicker with everyone else.
Yeah , sadly... Mallow is just pretty hard to use effectively. I feel like his best rôle is for fighting regular groupes of ennemies , and having the sweet heal move as a bonus. Sadly , Geno just go "haha magic wand go WOOOOOSH" and Peach make you immortal , so he's just outclassed.

I feel like Mallow would be better if he had a group healing move. And if you could remove Mario , too.

D

Deleted member

I've played through it a ton of times, but rarely mix up how I play through it. Mallow might as well get kicked out of the game as soon as I get Bowser/Peach and Geno and Bowser are interchanged depending on whether I need bulk or speed. If it were possible to remove Mario from the party, I would probably never use him and instead opt for a Geno/Bowser/Peach team for the entire game, even considering the Lazy Shell [weapon]. I always lean towards Geno because he's too cool for school, so unless I'm gonna lose because I failed to have Bowser's extra HP, Geno's going in the middle slot. I think the only notable exception to having Geno is the Valentina fight since the middle character has to 1v1 Dodo and while I know it's possible to beat him with Geno alone, I was only able to do it with Bowser when I first played the game and it's kind of coded into my mind like instinct.

One of Geno's taunts should be to turn himself into a scarecrow. There's nothing more disrespectful than landing the kill, then hearing that "poof" and seeing Geno turn into a scarecrow in a puff of smoke. I'd play Arenas all day just to spam that puppy.
The "poof" is great, but if the birds don't fly off, the taunt is ruined.

Firox

Smash Master
I feel like Mallow would be better if he had a group healing move. And if you could remove Mario , too.
I think it's funny how Nintendo had to force Mario to stay on the team because 99% of the players would have kicked him instantly if they hadn't. My dream party would have been Geno, Bowser and Peach.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm more or less exhausted for topics at this point. I'm just hoping next week will deliver something new to talk about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom