• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
They've never ignored a single real leak on Youtube. This is an exception. No, they don't "possibly" understand that. There's no floodgates to leave open here. This isn't some option. They can't risk losing business because it'd confirm something to the public eye and randos on a forum. It's a game they'd be playing with horrible consequences. Which is why they never once played that game. No other company has nor ever will. They aren't stupid. They damn well know they need to act upon the NDA because their interest is business, not what some randos think.
Youtube is a bit of an exception because Google has made it very easy to trigger DMCA takedowns. They shoot first and ask questions later. There can literally be zero human interaction to initiate an takedown on Youtube. But since nothing automated will notice the Cacomallow leaks because there's no music, someone would have to manually initiate it. And they haven't, despite Nintendo surely being aware of it. They haven't taken it down because it's not affecting anything, real or fake.

And how are they going to go after the original user? It was posted on 4chan, which they, you know, can't do anything about. They have no way to catch the leaker. That's why it wasn't taken down. Not comparable to any Youtube leaks which they 100% have taken down, though not always catching the original leaker. But they need to follow the NDA too, as they're legally obliged to.
Once again, NDAs don't have much to do with takedowns. Neither does where it was posted first. They'll go after the leaker to the best of their ability from within the company. It's believed the Ken leaker got fired sometime after the release of the game. That's how you enforce NDAs. They don't need to know who or where something got initially uploaded to go after it or the leaker.

Lol, it's not a waste of time at any point. They have to catch the leaker or try their hardest so the companies they work with are willing to trust them. Once again, zero exceptions. If they know about it, and can take action, they will.
Yes, they'll invetsigate internally because that is in their best interest to go after. The outside stuff that's already out there is not always in their best interest to go after because, as you've said, it's really hard to remove something from the internet. It would cost a lot more money than it's actually worth to chase every leak.

This is incorrect. They actually do attempt to, but almost never can catch the leaker. If a 4chan leak is ignored, it's because of two reasons; the image will get erased and their problem is solved, or because they can't legitimately catch the leaker. They don't try to make exceptions. They do what they can and *sometimes they have no ability to do anything.*
And that's why they don't try to go after most leaks outside the company. It's just not worth the time or money involved. Even companies the size of Nintendo are not endless fountains of labor and employees. Things have to meet a certain level of impact before they go after things. Their internal legal department is probably at most 200 people (out of ~6000 employees reported last year). Any external firms they have contracted out to wont be much larger (in terms of specifically working on Nintendo legal things) and will have other clients to worry about, too.

The NDA matters for other reasons. My bad on the legality issues, but the point stands. They will not risk losing business because they'd become untrustworthy if they ignore leakers when they clearly can take action. As I noted above, you cannot upload videos to a lot of those sites in question, and they sure as hell don't know about anything on 4chan(a tiny site that isn't remotely mainstream), so it makes sense why they take down leaked videos on places like Youtube because they're the only place they actually know of and directly allows the uploading of videos. It's a two-part process.
Correct, that's why Nintendo goes after the leakers internally every time because it is something they can control and have a vested interest in. They expend their effort doing that rather than waste time trying to get every single tiny, insignificant leak off the internet.

Would they take Cacomallow down, real or fake, if someone brought it to Nintendo's attention via twitter? Absolutely, they probably would. But only because attention was brought to it. They 100% know the videos are out there and just don't go after them because the majority of consumers out there don't know about it. It's not worth it to try and fight the existence. Nintendo is not an all powerful company, they will still be limited by what they can do in a day. In the words of Bowser, they have bigger fish to fry. And there's always a bigger fish than some pesky leaked content with only around 5000 views on youtube.

tl;dr: Wether or not Cacomallow is real has no bearing on why it hasn't been taken down. Real or fake, Nintendo has every right to take it down (not because of an NDA, but because it depicts their property), but has so far chosen not to likely because they just don't care enough to take it down.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
How is attacking randos reposting the cacomallow video to youtube any more helpful to the discovery of the culprit? Real or not I don't see the connection that makes publicly ignoring the ken leak somehow irrelevant but not the contrary.

Also pinshadow pinshadow that is without a doubt my favorite profile pic I've seen. Where is it from?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, someone reached out to me on Discord because they read my schedule theory earlier today and actually provided some pretty notable citations in support of it. They brought to my attention some comments Imran Khan has made as well as citations for them:

-Imran Khan saying Hero was supposed to be shadowdropped at E3 2019 but got delayed (14:10 mark):

https://youtu.be/58WAbKCJ06A

This is actually a really big deal because, talking with people like Paragon and other people in my network, the rumor they heard was that Hero was supposed to be announced at the Smash tournament at E3 and this gives credence that this was actually supposed to happen. This also supports the idea of, like 2015, Nintendo releasing characters at E3 which could potentially happen this year too.

-At around the 17 minute mark, he mentions that Nintendo decided on Season 2 around E3, supporting our theories that Season 2's development started in July last year.

-In this thread, Imran Khan mentions Byleth was delayed and was supposed to be a December release.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ame-old-debates.164679/page-206#post-28421748

This also supports our theory that Byleth was virtually "done" in November, meaning, yes, 6, 7, and 8 were likely being worked around that time last year.

Also, I want to make mention that, when people talk to me on Discord, I don't say who they are because there's been a history of people being harassed simply because they associate with me but I also want to give credit and not pretend certain things were my idea or my discoveries.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
OK, so if I'm getting this right Nintendo always takes down real leaks and mods, right?
Nintendo is wildly inconsistent about it. Ken never got taken down, ESRB and SwSh leaks did (though ESRB was 5 years before CacoMallow and SwSh was less a leak and more the entire game being shown off after breaking street date).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
OK, so if I'm getting this right Nintendo always takes down real leaks and mods, right?
Not all mods. Real leaks, specifically video footage, on Youtube, yes.

Youtube is a bit of an exception because Google has made it very easy to trigger DMCA takedowns. They shoot first and ask questions later. There can literally be zero human interaction to initiate an takedown on Youtube. But since nothing automated will notice the Cacomallow leaks because there's no music, someone would have to manually initiate it. And they haven't, despite Nintendo surely being aware of it. They haven't taken it down because it's not affecting anything, real or fake.
Sorry, but no. It affects their business. They absolutely cannot risk their businesses at any point. They have to take down all real video footage on Youtube. They know it's real. They know it affects their business directly.

Once again, NDAs don't have much to do with takedowns. Neither does where it was posted first. They'll go after the leaker to the best of their ability from within the company. It's believed the Ken leaker got fired sometime after the release of the game. That's how you enforce NDAs. They don't need to know who or where something got initially uploaded to go after it or the leaker.
They have always enforced NDA's as well by taking down leaked video footage. It goes both ways. I don't buy insiders are actually telling the truth about the Ken leaker. There's no way for him to be caught outside of something like Youtube. It's pretty clearly a made-up story here to justify more leaks and their fear of Nintendo. It's a good fake story, since it's easy to believe. But they have no way to catch the leaker outside of knowing it was on Youtube, even then. It was Youtube that would've got it caught if somehow that was real.

Yes, they'll invetsigate internally because that is in their best interest to go after. The outside stuff that's already out there is not always in their best interest to go after because, as you've said, it's really hard to remove something from the internet. It would cost a lot more money than it's actually worth to chase every leak.
It costs 0 money to remove it from Youtube. What on earth are you talking about? And they definitely find it worth it because they need to keep the trust of every company.

And that's why they don't try to go after most leaks outside the company. It's just not worth the time or money involved. Even companies the size of Nintendo are not endless fountains of labor and employees. Things have to meet a certain level of impact before they go after things. Their internal legal department is probably at most 200 people (out of ~6000 employees reported last year). Any external firms they have contracted out to wont be much larger (in terms of specifically working on Nintendo legal things) and will have other clients to worry about, too.
Too bad they always have without fail. So no, not buying it. They always have gone after these leaks. It's not a money issue. It's a trust issue and always will be. And they have to keep the trust with other companies. They do not "fail" to go after video leaks on Youtube. Ever.

Correct, that's why Nintendo goes after the leakers internally every time because it is something they can control and have a vested interest in. They expend their effort doing that rather than waste time trying to get every single tiny, insignificant leak off the internet.
Again, they already have an interest in it and have gone after every single video leak on Youtube 100%. There has never been an exception at any point and never will be.

Would they take Cacomallow down, real or fake, if someone brought it to Nintendo's attention via twitter? Absolutely, they probably would. But only because attention was brought to it. They 100% know the videos are out there and just don't go after them because the majority of consumers out there don't know about it. It's not worth it to try and fight the existence. Nintendo is not an all powerful company, they will still be limited by what they can do in a day. In the words of Bowser, they have bigger fish to fry. And there's always a bigger fish than some pesky leaked content with only around 5000 views on youtube.
Except it's a severely mainstream video and people do know about it. They don't care if it's slightly less unknown cause it isn't on their channel. They've gone after identically known leaks like ERSB. The only reason they haven't gone after it is because it's fake. And they can't anymore because it's too late to protect their IP. They can't take it down outside of "literally right away" to protect their IP. Mods have to be taken down immediately upon knowing them too. That's basically how Trademark and IP Protection works. It's ASAP or nothing. They aren't touching it cause they can't.

tl;dr: Wether or not Cacomallow is real has no bearing on why it hasn't been taken down. Real or fake, Nintendo has every right to take it down (not because of an NDA, but because it depicts their property), but has so far chosen not to likely because they just don't care enough to take it down.
This couldn't be more incorrect. They have to act if it's real no matter what. The NDA is broken and they are required entirely to act upon it. If it's fake, they can only take action for IP Protection if it's as soon as possible. They ignored it for 6 months straight. They can't legally do anything outside of taking action against a real leaker(which clearly it's a fake leak, so it doesn't matter anyway).

They legally can't do jack-**** now. Youtube wouldn't care, though, cause they don't actually pay attention to IP Protection laws. They just would rather take zero chances.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
This was widespread and they didn't do anything about it.

Honestly, the only leak I think Nintendo directly took care of in regards to Smash Ultimate was Byleth's original VA, Christ Niosi, bragging about being chosen as the voice for Byleth in Three Houses. He mentioned something about being in Smash if Byleth makes the cut and BAM, he got replaced. I think Nintendo counted that as breaking NDA, and may have been the true reason they recast the character. Apparently it was claimed that he broke NDA by announcing that he voiced the character in Three Houses before the game launched, but that seems fishy to me.

I, however, choose to believe he broke NDA (for Smash). Because, as we all know, Byleth did make the cut and probably already had his lines recorded before then.
Niosi got canned because he's an abuser. People have broken NDA before and been fine.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
So, someone reached out to me on Discord because they read my schedule theory earlier today and actually provided some pretty notable citations in support of it. They brought to my attention some comments Imran Khan has made as well as citations for them:

-Imran Khan saying Hero was supposed to be shadowdropped at E3 2019 but got delayed (14:10 mark):

This is actually a really big deal because, talking with people like Paragon and other people in my network, the rumor they heard was that Hero was supposed to be announced at the Smash tournament at E3 and this gives credence that this was actually supposed to happen. This also supports the idea of, like 2015, Nintendo releasing characters at E3 which could potentially happen this year too.

-At around the 17 minute mark, he mentions that Nintendo decided on Season 2 around E3, supporting our theories that Season 2's development started in July last year.

-In this thread, Imran Khan mentions Byleth was delayed and was supposed to be a December release.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ame-old-debates.164679/page-206#post-28421748

This also supports our theory that Byleth was virtually "done" in November, meaning, yes, 6, 7, and 8 were likely being worked around that time last year.

Also, I want to make mention that, when people talk to me on Discord, I don't say who they are because there's been a history of people being harassed simply because they associate with me but I also want to give credit and not pretend certain things were my idea or my discoveries.
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me that Byleth's trailer was meant to somewhere else other than a Smash presentation. Interestingly enough, this also reinforces the pattern of 76 days between characters, but now I have to check this Hero delay on my timeline now (which is probably 1.5 months) and see what changes.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Good man, users shouldn't be harassed for discussing this stuff

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ok, but that's not even the issue at hand here. Nintendo wouldn't DMCA a Youtube video of CacoMallow to get back at the original leaker who posted it?
Also, it's been confirmed by insiders that the Ken Leaker was traced down and sacked shortly after the November direct confirmed Ken's inclusion (which just supports the argument that Nintendo has learned the Streisand effect and doesn't take much action on leaks or leakers until after what they leaked has been officially confirmed.) Not to mention, the whole debacle back last November with Sabi and Verge deconfirming a bunch of characters was brought upon by their sources too scared to leak Byleth directly in fear of being fired. If people are scared of just saying a name to the public and being tracked down and fired by Nintendo, you can bet they could track down an image leaker.
I know Ken Leak isn't a video leak, but Nintendo would still have as much of an interest of scrubbing it clean from the internet in similar methods to what they'd do for a video leak. But they didn't because again, that'd just create more talk around it and confirm it.
Image leaks are completely plausible to go after, if Nintendo can find someone for just leaking via text (ie: Sabi and Verge's sources) they'd def be able to track someone down for leaking an image. If Nintendo couldn't track someone down for leaking an image, we'd have had more than one real image leak and I'd bet my left ass cheek on that.

It really isn't, at all. Nintendo can find those who leak images just fine based on everything I can tell.
I don't think so. I mean, as said before, video leaks and image leaks are different, and we aren't talking text leaks here like Sabi and Verge. Plus, where did the Ken image come from? Either way, if the image came from 4Chan, but the video came from the same user, it is possible to track down that user from Youtube as opposed to tracking them down in a place like 4Chan. Plus, they must have done something about the leaker if they tracked them down. What is to say they may have known about it before the November Direct when there could be reasons why they did not until after? After all, before or after, they still did something about it, apparently.

They did take down the ESRB leak and the other leak Beth mentioned. This might not be for all leaks, but if to say they don't care until after is a misconception, I believe. And they did something about the Ken leaker in the end, too.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

Oh no, since you start talking about 6, 7 and 8 all at E3 i see omega unlikely but these past i am seeing as a real possibility but what you think 6, Bonus, 7 and 8 or just 6,7 and 8
PD: Can imagine Either Min Min or Springman (Or a hero situation), Geno, Crash and Waluigi the same day, wow

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Can we stop arguing about CacoMallow and NDA's for the 20th time? None of it really matters at this point since it seems everyone in the thread more or less agrees that if we don't see the costumes with 6/Geno isn't 7, both of which we will 99% know the answer to in the next few weeks, the leak is fake regardless.

(for the record, from what I remember the same guy who said Nintendo went after the Ken leaker doesn't believe CacoMallow because Nintendo didn't do anything about it internally or externally according to him)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If we do get an announcement for the Smash presentation/direct, my guess is Thursday at the earliest, but I'm betting Monday or Tuesday of next week is the more likely to see it.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I don't think so. I mean, as said before, video leaks and image leaks are different, and we aren't talking text leaks here like Sabi and Verge. Plus, where did the Ken image come from? Either way, if the image came from 4Chan, but the video came from the same user, it is possible to track down that user from Youtube as opposed to tracking them down in a place like 4Chan.
What I'm talking about is that a text leaker should be harder to track down than someone who leaks via image, but Nintendo still has the means to track down text leakers so it wouldn't be difficult to track down image leakers at all.
Ken Leak came from 4chan, it was just reuploaded onto Youtube (much like CacoMallow). The source who posted CacoMallow on 4chan and the person who reuploaded it to Youtube are not the same people. The Youtube uploader isn't the original one who recorded it while the 4chan one was.
lus, they must have done something about the leaker if they tracked them down. What is to say they may have known about it before the November Direct when there could be reasons why they did not until after? After all, before or after, they still did something about it, apparently.
From all I can gather, it's believed Nintendo waited to strike on Ken Leaker instead of firing him right away and creating more stink around the leak. If Nintendo is willing to not take action on a leak even internally like that, lord knows how reluctant they'd be to do it on a public website like Youtube.
They did take down the ESRB leak and the other leak Beth mentioned. This might not be for all leaks, but if to say they don't care until after is a misconception, I believe. And they did something about the Ken leaker in the end, too.
ESRB was 5 years prior to CacoMallow, I'd estimate Nintendo's taken that half decade to learn better protocols for dealing with big internet leaks.
I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't care until after, they just don't act on leaks (internally and externally) until the information in them has gone public as not to create a bigger mess around it that only confirms it more. Yes, they did act on the Ken leak, but only after it wouldn't matter if it helped legitimize Ken Leak due to the leak already being confirmed by the November Direct anyway.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
It costs 0 money to remove it from Youtube. What on earth are you talking about? And they definitely find it worth it because they need to keep the trust of every company.
Lawyers are paid quite a lot of money an hour. Nintendo would rather have them doing important legal work instead of playing whack a mole with leaks nobody outside a tiny subset of the Smash fandom has seen.

This couldn't be more incorrect. They have to act if it's real no matter what. The NDA is broken and they are required entirely to act upon it. If it's fake, they can only take action for IP Protection if it's as soon as possible. They ignored it for 6 months straight. They can't legally do anything outside of taking action against a real leaker(which clearly it's a fake leak, so it doesn't matter anyway).

They legally can't do jack-**** now. Youtube wouldn't care, though, cause they don't actually pay attention to IP Protection laws. They just would rather take zero chances.
They have likely already fired the person who leaked Cacomallow. That is all the action they'd need to take with regards to an NDA. They don't have to take the video down, that is entirely up to them. And, once again, even things that are "free" like taking down a video from Youtube are not actually free for a company to do. The cost of chasing small leaks is more than the minor impact it might have on their business, so they don't do it every time. It makes absolutly zero business sense to constantly chase leaks.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Seems like the moment of truth will fall within next week (gut feeling). Second (or third) week of June's when the Directs have usually been uploaded. Albeit no Directs this time around, but a Smash-focused Direct could still be a possibility.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What I'm talking about is that a text leaker should be harder to track down than someone who leaks via image, but Nintendo still has the means to track down text leakers so it wouldn't be difficult to track down image leakers at all.
Ken Leak came from 4chan, it was just reuploaded onto Youtube (much like CacoMallow). The source who posted CacoMallow on 4chan and the person who reuploaded it to Youtube are not the same people. The Youtube uploader isn't the original one who recorded it while the 4chan one was.

From all I can gather, it's believed Nintendo waited to strike on Ken Leaker instead of firing him right away and creating more stink around the leak. If Nintendo is willing to not take action on a leak even internally like that, lord knows how reluctant they'd be to do it on a public website like Youtube.

ESRB was 5 years prior to CacoMallow, I'd estimate Nintendo's taken that half decade to learn better protocols for dealing with big internet leaks.
I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't care until after, they just don't act on leaks (internally and externally) until the information in them has gone public as not to create a bigger mess around it that only confirms it more. Yes, they did act on the Ken leak, but only after it wouldn't matter if it helped legitimize Ken Leak due to the leak already being confirmed by the November Direct anyway.
First off, for the last part about ESRB being five years ago, that doesn't matter. It has been five years, and apparently, Nintendo has not changed based on their actions within that time frame.

For the second thing, Youtube and internally are not the same thing. Youtube is a different beast from working within Nintendo, you know. And maybe they have their reasons for not acting until after, which can range from waiting to hold off action until Ken was revealed to giving whoever leaked it a little "head start" before they took action or not noticing it until late. Either way, this is just one leak we are talking about here.

For the first part, the CacoMallow was not a text leak, and 4Chan is mostly full of anonymous users, making it difficult, if impossible to track down. How do you think they will track down someone like that on 4Chan, anyway? Maybe it is not totally impossible to track down leakers on 4Chan, but it is pretty darn difficult. Still, this guy is probably nothing like Sabi or Verge, as it comes from 4Chan, and chances are, it could be fake, as a lot of leaks from 4Chan are fake, anyway.

EDIT: Let's just end this while we still can, shall we?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Considering how often Rosalina and Geno tend to be associated with each other, you think the Lumas look up to Geno like a big brother?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Considering how often Rosalina and Geno tend to be associated with each other, you think the Lumas look up to Geno like a big brother?
I'd think they would, actually. And I think Geno would be a good big brother to them.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I haven't played much of Galaxy, but it depends how all the Lumas, Star Spirits, Star Kids, etc are tied together. Like, is Geno equivalent to the Star Spirits from Paper Mario 64? Less? Are Lumas just Star Kids with a cuter/more clever name? If so, then yeah, Geno's probably pretty revered by them. Remember when Twink met Muskular? He flipped out and was very... starstruck...

That said AFAIK, Geno never once blatantly told us "what" he is, just that he "serves a higher authority" and is tied to the Star Road. He's obviously of the Star species in Mario lore---
Just in case anyone here hasn't finished SMRPG, "♥♪!?" literally leaves Geno (the doll) and turns into his Star form after defeating Smithy
---so there's no question that he's tied to them in some way, we just don't know the nature of his relationship. Honestly though, I don't think Nintendo did either since the "Star" stuff didn't become too prevalent until Paper Mario 64, and SMG expanded upon that lore much further. Sure we had the Star Road in SMW, but we didn't have the Star species introduced until Geno (SMRPG), and the Star Spirits & Star Kids in PM64.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Lumas and Star Kids appear to be different beings entirely - Lumas are infant Galaxies/sling stars/planetoid clusters that transform upon gaining enough power. So they're more like 'intelligent ideas', I suppose would be a good description. Star Kids are raised/trained to ascend to Star Haven where they presumably work under the seven Star Spirits, who appear to be of the same species of sentient star. The Star Spirits guard and maintain the Star Rod, which is said to have the ability to grant any wish - Bowser grants his own wish to be stronger and gains an invincible aura as a result.

♥♪!?, on the other hand, is a combat/retrieval agent who is specifically sent out when there's a crisis that directly concerns Star Road, and visually resembles more of a tiny spark of light without a face, rather than the other star beings (though this is perhaps just due to the others being designed later than him). The fact that he has to possess something in order to fight effectively, though, makes me think that he's fundamentally different than the talking stars with faces - less tangible as a being. As for the relationship between Star Road and Star Haven, from what I've gathered it seems that Star Road is a larger wish-granting 'machine' to make a comparison, one that supports the whole wish system. Star Haven on the other hand seems to be a containment site for the Star Rod, which I feel is more like an emergency backup machine, one that doesn't manage wishes being granted as a whole and can only grant smaller, localized wishes for the user.

The Star Sprites from M&L are also crisis agents who are sent out by one or more of the above branches to deal with threats, such as their being involved in sealing away the Dark Star.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
and visually resembles more of a tiny spark of light without a face, rather than the other star beings (though this is perhaps just due to the others being designed later than him).
I'd also argue "SNES" and "the Star lore wasn't even made yet outside of the Star Road in SMW".

♥♪!?, on the other hand, is a combat/retrieval agent who is specifically sent out when there's a crisis that directly concerns Star Road
This, however, is a good point, and that would very likely mean he's not a Star Spirit but something else entirely.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice

Correct me if I'm wrong but with this information in mind doesn't this mean that all of Paragon's information was correct?

Except of course for one part, which means that soon..... it'll be Waluigi time. (If he is right and I'm remembering what he said correctly)

T2by4

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong but with this information in mind doesn't this mean that all of Paragon's information was correct?

Except of course for one part, which means that soon..... it'll be Waluigi time. (If he is right and I'm remembering what he said correctly)
Based and wahpilled

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Do you believe that the potential bonus character you talked about would be Waluigi himself? That could've been a massive reveal at this year's E3.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
View attachment 273669

Who the hell is Geno? Is that like the Italian version of Mario?
Also, who is the red-hatted guy? Mario is clearly a farmer, otherwise, he wouldn't be buying a farm.

Do you believe that the potential bonus character you talked about would be Waluigi himself? That could've been a massive reveal at this year's E3.
TBH if Waluigi isn't a bonus character, idk who the hell would be at this point.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So, if the schedule timeline matches up to where there could be a bonus character being worked on in the pipeline between Byleth and 6, would said character be revealed next week or be held off for later despite being good to go (delayed like Hero, Byleth and the ARMs character were)? If they're revealed, would we really get 6, 7, 8 and the Bonus, or would the bonus take the place of 8? If 8 is a popular Western character like Crash, does this impact the feasibility of the bonus character showing up now if, in that case, Crash is meant to be the Ridley and Banjo analogue?

I'm trying to make sense of how this new info plays into what we could see next week/this month.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I personally don't think they will hold of Fighter 6, 7 and maybe 8. I mean, they gave a reason for delaying the Fighter 6, so they don't need to do it again. Even if they decide to do so, it would sure tick off the fans since they would have to wait even longer.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

He explain all in discord:
-Idk how he knew a BOTW 2
-He knew something UT is coming due he hear some seconds of the Megalovania Remix
-He knew the main hero was Luminary because they explain he all the details and he guessed Waluigi because he was one of the persons who hear waluigi in insider circles

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I've been seeing people talk about bonus fighters and I can actually think of two I that would be best besides the Wah man himself. If we're limiting it to just first party, Sylux and Porky all the way. Neither have spirits in Smash and I think both could incorporate really cool movesets with Sylux relying heavily on traps like a Samus/Snake fusion while Porky could utilize doubles or his mech for combat. Besides, I'm a sucker for that Sylux theme and I'd love an amiibo for that.

I don't think the spirit thing really matters but still, you never know.

Also, I could see people yelling at poor Sylux for being the third Metroid character in a single Smash game and no new Kirby character. Maybe toss in Adeleine or Bandana Dee?

Last edited:

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
He explain all in discord:
-Idk how he knew a BOTW 2
-He knew something UT is coming due he hear some seconds of the Megalovania Remix
-He knew the main hero was Luminary because they explain he all the details and he guessed Waluigi because he was one of the persons who hear waluigi in insider circles
So essentially he didn't actually hear about Frisk, he just heard Megalovania's Smash Remix around or before Hero and assumed as much. Similarly, he doesn't KNOW about Waluigi, but he heard the name from an insider, yes?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've been seeing people talk about bonus fighters and I can actually think of two I that would be best besides the Wah man himself. If we're limiting it to just first party, Sylux and Porky all the way. Neither have spirits in Smash and I think both could incorporate really cool movesets with Sylux relying heavily on traps like a Samus/Snake fusion while Porky could utilize doubles or his mech for combat. Besides, I'm a sucker for that Sylux theme and I'd love an amiibo for that.

Also, I could see people yelling at poor Sylux for being the third Metroid character in a single Smash game and no new Kirby character. Maybe toss in Adeleine or Bandana Dee?
Bandana Dee is certainly possible, he's massively popular in Japan and has a sizeable following in the West

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
At the very least I hope larger Geno community doesn't resort to stuff like "HOES MAD" if Geno ends up getting in, but stuff like that is just a byproduct of how toxic the overall community is; so I don't have my hopes up.
As a community leader, I am already planning a counter measure to crush H*es M*d in the event Geno makes the roster.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If we're really going to discuss AT upgrades as bonus fighters, Waluigi isn't the only candidate to pick from. Isaac from Golden Sun for example has a very strong fanbase and they were quite mad about the AT and they made it quite clear to the Nintendo offices they didn't like it.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
So essentially he didn't actually hear about Frisk, he just heard Megalovania's Smash Remix around or before Hero and assumed as much. Similarly, he doesn't KNOW about Waluigi, but he heard the name from an insider, yes?
Here is all the info
EV_OZBoUEAAQgmk (1).jpeg

I think rex is another option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom